Doris Day
Bjork
Jason Newstead
Ashley Campbell
Taylor Swift
Carly Rae Jepsen
Ellie Kemper
Stefan Karl Stefansson

Not really sure what to say here but - I recently had a friend who passed away from ALS.  I can't imagine the living hell that he must have experienced with ALS as it slowly killed him.  

What is the main cause of ALS?  I know that it's named after the late MLB player, Lou Gehrig, but as far as the specifics of this seemingly horrible disease, I know absolutely nothing about it.  (No, I'm not suffering with it - thank God - I just want to learn more about the disease, itself). 

I'm sorry for your loss. :( 

From what I found, it is caused by having a certain gene, which causes higher levels of glutamate. I guess it could happen to anyone then sadly, ranging from the creator of Spongebob, to one of the most acclaimed scientists of all time, and even one of the most influential leaders of the 20th century, Mao Zedong (I also didn't know he suffered from ALS Spade, I just thought he died after a third heart attack in two years). I think that's the best way I can answer...

Midget Mac

New York

12 Pack

20 Pack

Mr. Boston

Pumkin

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I'm sorry for your loss. :( 

From what I found, it is caused by having a certain gene, which causes higher levels of glutamate. I guess it could happen to anyone then sadly, ranging from the creator of Spongebob, to one of the most acclaimed scientists of all time, and even one of the most influential leaders of the 20th century, Mao Zedong (I also didn't know he suffered from ALS Spade, I just thought he died after a third heart attack in two years). I think that's the best way I can answer...

Thank you for your answer. :)   Much appreciated.  

1 hour ago, CaptainChorizo said:

12 Pack

20 Pack

I said the 12 PACK not the 24 pack, Napoleon. We're just gonna have to mix and match.
-Uncle Rico, Napoleon Dynamite
also obligatory quoting the last lines of that scene
Napoleon, you know we can't afford the fun pack. What, do you think money grows on trees in this family? Take it back! And get some Pampers for you and your brother while you're at it.
-Uncle Rico, Napoleon Dynamite

Speaking of Vervoort, I'm assuming this isn't a rehash of an old interview...but she's chosen assisted suicide , again.

"

I'm heading towards the end. Last week, I planned my funeral. It does not mean it's over next week, it may take a couple of years, says Vervoort to Belgian Tingo.

"I know how my farewell will look. I will have a red chest, white roses and it will be served cava instead of coffee. My ashes will spread in Lanzarote, where a volcano is located right by the sea. It's a wonderful place."

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&u=http://www.expressen.se/sport/vm-hjaltens-tunga-beslut-jag-vill-do/&prev=search

"It's not just Lou Gehrig's disease..." Athletes (e.g. Lou)  have an increased risk of ALS. It's better be a sofa potato

Vervoort update imminent on R5 re her deciding to end it.

Its GMT 19.13 for radio iPlayer shite, don't think it'll be long after.

20.35 GMT. It starts.

Salient points.

Poor poor girl for a start.

Wanted it done in September, but talked out of it with new pain managing drug. Sounds  like bye bye v soon.

Total horrible tbh, picked her on the back of her giving up the suicide option (gets close, shites it gambit) but this means 2018 nailed. If starting line made

Terrible...

Interesting hear her discuss options with a no mark Englander re the right to die.

I honestly forgot about her until Charon talked about her in this thread tbh. 

• Like 1

The English no mark is trying to talk her out of it ffs :D , 'loads of my friends are like you", bollix. She's giving him it tight.

Remarkable girl, leave her in fucking peace you prick.

On 08/28/2017 at 20:41, charon said:

I'll throw marieke vervoort into the ring (she couldn't stop me) but it does seem a silly kind of a thread. If not famous in any way, there is a thread for that. If famous, there are plenty of options. And its MND not this american two name pish.

Fat fingers on my part. And a fat head.

The latest on Dwight Clark, who some feel has one foot in the grave in coming months.  That was said facetiously.
SC

On 04/09/2017 at 13:12, bladan said:

"It's not just Lou Gehrig's disease..." Athletes (e.g. Lou)  have an increased risk of ALS. It's better be a sofa potato

No it isn't

How's your heart rate and blood pressure today?

Jim Fixx, died of jogging.

Nuff said.

Couch away bladan (esp if obitable)....

On 10/24/2017 at 21:30, maryportfuncity said:

No it isn't

How's your heart rate and blood pressure today?

I have no idea, I'm too busy sipping rum at 8 AM. Cheers!

• Like 3

Former Old Dominion and Fayetteville State coach Jeff Capel Jr. has died, less than two years after being diagnosed with ALS.  He was 64.

Capel was diagnosed with ALS in the spring of 2016 by doctors at Duke University. His son — Duke (basketball) associate head coach Jeff Capel III — revealed the diagnosis in a first-person story written in January for The Players Tribune.

Interesting choice of photos the paper included, what with his head chopped off.  *shaking my attached head*
SC

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

Former Old Dominion and Fayetteville State coach Jeff Capel Jr. has died, less than two years after being diagnosed with ALS.  He was 64.

Capel was diagnosed with ALS in the spring of 2016 by doctors at Duke University. His son — Duke (basketball) associate head coach Jeff Capel III — revealed the diagnosis in a first-person story written in January for The Players Tribune.
SC

Had him on my long list.Had obit concerns.Slightly surprised he has gone this early.

• Like 1