Sir Creep

ALS/MND/other degenerative diseases

Inspiration for the Ice Bucket Challenge Anthony Senerchia has sadly passed away age 46.

• Like 1

Renee Zellweger (or some creature going by that name) attended the ALS Golden West Chapter Hosts Champions For Care And A Cure  in support of her friend Nanci Ryder -- who the article says is "BWR co-founder and power publicist Nanci Ryder."   Nanci revealed her ALS diagnosis back in 2014.
So the possibility of an obit may be slightly better than zero.

SC

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

Renee Zellweger (or some creature going by that name) attended the ALS Golden West Chapter Hosts Champions For Care And A Cure  in support of her friend Nanci Ryder -- who the article says is "BWR co-founder and power publicist Nanci Ryder."   Nanci revealed her ALS diagnosis back in 2014.

SC

She will obit as she worked with many a listers and has got coverage in the British press more than once.

• Like 1

The major will she won’t she make the starting line pick now...

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 16:08, Sir Creep said:

SC

Anybody know how old Nanci is?

She is 65, iirc.

• Like 1

As for Vervoort, there were some Belgian media reports from last month that she was having far more bad days than good, so this most recent news on her isn't terribly surprising. A dreadfully sad case, but her willpower to have lasted as long as she has is commendable. Having control over her death has to be a relief.

She’s definitely a guaranteed lock for anyone who is trying to compete for gold next year, but if I’m honest, I would rather have her die before the new year so can be free from her pain than to have her suffer another week...

• Like 2

Re: veervort article. i see a parallel between  the releasing of the butterflies upon her death, and that tradition of releasing balloons at New Years that she mentions. The mention of champagne at her funeral...  I suspect she’s planning for New Year’s Eve/day. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Death Impends said:

Mid 60s.

ETA she's mentioned as 65 in this article from last month.

Thanks DI.

Irv Weinstein, retired local TV news anchor from and well known in the Buffalo, NY area, has died after a battle with ALS. He was diagnosed with ALS in summer 2016.

36 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

Irv Weinstein, retired local TV news anchor from and well known in the Buffalo, NY area, has died after a battle with ALS. He was diagnosed with ALS in summer 2016.

He meant nothing to the UK. 

29 minutes ago, ebless said:

You could say that for multiple people here.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ebless said:

Or outside of Buffalo.

Lets focus on peeps not strictly of local interest, whether the UK, USA, or the moon.

As for the newbie’s less tongue-in-cheek comment, that’s not a prerequisite.

SC

• Like 2

Could today be the day for Marieke Vervoort? The champagne reference surely had to imply December 31st or January 1st.

On 12/23/2017 at 14:05, alz said:

Re: veervort article. i see a parallel between  the releasing of the butterflies upon her death, and that tradition of releasing balloons at New Years that she mentions. The mention of champagne at her funeral...  I suspect she’s planning for New Year’s Eve/day. 

And when you’re wrong, you’re wrong.

Would that I’d been right though. She sounds like she’s really suffering. 

49 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Can’t tell if it’s repeating stuff that we already know on Vervoort or not, but she has asked for euthanasia now...

The source is the Telegraph interview from two weeks ago.

BTW, I don't think she has ALS/MND, does she?   It's a different condition as far as I understand.

2 hours ago, Toast said:

The source is the Telegraph interview from two weeks ago.

BTW, I don't think she has ALS/MND, does she?   It's a different condition as far as I understand.

Her disease is Tetraplegia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetraplegia

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Prophet said:

Her disease is Tetraplegia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetraplegia

Why 'no', it isn't.

I've heard there's nothing wrong with her and she's only doing it for the benefits.

If there's nothing wrong with her, then why would she be eligible to run in the Paralympics? She's most certainly ill, and very likely dead very soon, as she sounds like that she's really in a lot of pain. Not a fraudster at all...

Bunch of cheats anyways, I think 'all' of the ones in an Olympic Final of some track race were found to have put upturned nails/needles in their wheelchair seat.

Can't feel it, but endorphin release....

• Like 1