Sir Creep

ALS/MND/other degenerative diseases

On 3/11/2018 at 15:49, gcreptile said:

Marieke Vervoort has now been in a hospital for 2 months and I'm coming around to believe that she'll go the ..uuh... natural route:

http://holebi.info/phpnews/kortnews.php?action=fullnews&id=16684

This (google translated) article proves her a DL fraud.
" "For a moment to enjoy (being home from hospital), because on 27 March I will be admitted again for a long time. Hope the pain becomes bearable again! "
People planning a suicide don't hope for future events.  Were she planning suicide her comment would translate 'I won't be going back, my pain will soon be over'.
SC

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

This (google translated) article proves her a DL fraud.
" "For a moment to enjoy (being home from hospital), because on 27 March I will be admitted again for a long time. Hope the pain becomes bearable again! "
People planning a suicide don't hope for future events.  Were she planning suicide her comment would translate 'I won't be going back, my pain will soon be over'.
SC

The translated article seems to be contradicting itself in places...

The reason the translation might be off is because Vervoort's a Belgian, and Flemish differs pretty significantly from the Dutch spoken in the Netherlands.

Anyway, from what we can understand, looks like she's putting off the euthanasia again.

Not very surprised. She's been overdramatic about it for months now. Remember the late December articles that pushed almost everybody to joker her in the DDP? Folks thought she'd be gone by the middle of January.

Wish I hadn't chosen her for the Cup. Only had her on the team as a defensive pick. I would've had huge bragging rights if I were the only one of 16 teams to correctly guess she'd survive the month. :P 

Of course, now that I said that, watch her inject the needle tomorrow...

I expect she'll be dead by 2019, but it'd be weird if it turned out that the smart DDP gamble this year was not playing Vervoort...

I shoulda cross posted here I suppose, as well as Am. Football, but alas I stuck Gleason in Hospitalised for the reasons stated therein.

I just mentioned Vervoort in my last post, and looking at the most recent update in the last day, things aren't looking too good for her right now (apologies if this doesn't translate for some of you)...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I just mentioned Vervoort in my last post, and looking at the most recent update in the last day, things aren't looking too good for her right now (apologies if this doesn't translate for some of you)...

Funny how that goes.

19 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

It doesn't translate for me.  Anyone care to give the Reader's Digest version of this in English?

13 minutes ago, deadsox said:

It doesn't translate for me.  Anyone care to give the Reader's Digest version of this in English?

Try this.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, deadsox said:

She was a paralympian and she won medals and she's Belgian and she's signed up for euthanasia and she's fucked and it hurts and she doesn't know how much longer she can stand the pain - blah fkn blah blah.

• Like 1

There was another article that gives a bit more grim description that includes mentioning how she’s struggling to eat, but I’m too busy to find it right now...

Thanks Cat and GUN.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

There was another article that gives a bit more grim description that includes mentioning how she’s struggling to eat, but I’m too busy to find it right now...

Here's the article about that.

According  to the Dutch Telegraaf newspaper, Fernando Ricksen is almost into full Stephen Hawking and is now only able to wink with his eyes.

10 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

According  to the Dutch Telegraaf newspaper, Fernando Ricksen is almost into full Stephen Hawking and is now only able to wink with his eyes.

According to the guy quoted, its not true.

Well the public appearance bit.

You could be right. There was also a piece on him in the Algemeen Dagblad today. 

In it his biographer is quoted that according to circumstances his situation is not basically different than it was last year. And Ricksen said, via his biographer, that he's not going to die any time soon. His former Dutch club Fortuna Sittard promoted to the Dutch Eredivisie and he is making plans to visit the home games against Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV next season.

In other news, looking at Vervoort’s Facebook page, her most recent post looks like an update, but google translate looks very clunky. Could someone who understand a little Belgium help me on what the update says? 

She can't be contacted because her phone is broken. Her recent operation was a success. She was about to do K5 Therapy (physiotherapy for lower back) last Thursday then she was to go home last Friday. She sends her thanks to Villa Samson, the clinic she'll be staying in, because they've got doggos/puppers and she can't wait to hug them.

Sounding very optimistic.

And once the World Cup's over, well, it'd be a shame to go before seeing Hallowe'en TV or summat. Then just a few weeks till Christmas, and so on...

• Like 1

If she doesn't die this year, while that would probably eliminate my chances of winning this year, I won't feel too bad since so many people also jumped on the Vervoort train and I will probably have a strong DDP performance regardless of whether she dies or not. Of course, it will be a lesson for me on who would potentially make a better joker next year...

EDIT: Maybe she's not as crucial as many see her. I may try some scoring experiments in a few hours to see if my thought process is correct... 

Ahem, so Vervoort is the happiest that she has been in a long time. While things could change within the next six months, I think that article from a credible source says enough about her will to live. So I guess msc and others who didn't pick her have the right to mock everyone who picked her, especially those who foolishly jokered her...

EDIT: I’ve shamelessly picked her on the poker tourney anyways...

OK now that's pretty damn dumb, Joey.  No offense. lol

Why? It’s just confirming suspicions that Vervoort was never likely to do euthanasia and why people shouldn’t try to punt on unnatural point picks that often if they want to win...

I meant you choosing her at this point for a new dp, knowing what we know now.

• Like 1