Sir Creep

ALS/MND/other degenerative diseases

1 hour ago, Death Impends said:

Oh wow, I didn't know she had been mentioned on the forum before. So I can't claim to secretly sit on a pick for 3 years to strike just when the moment was right.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Oh wow, I didn't know she had been mentioned on the forum before. So I can't claim to secretly sit on a pick for 3 years to strike just when the moment was right. 

She was in my Hares team in 2019. But timing is everything in deathpooling so you've reaped the benefit of choosing a name that others overlooked across all competitions. Although getting a Hares hit in January is bit like getting a single coin when you aspire to become a millionaire...:lol:

23 hours ago, FunkedUp said:

Pretty sure she didn’t deliver the news, she was the news.

I bet you're fun at parties.

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I bet you're fun at parties.

I never get invited, but I’m sure I’d be a gas.

53 minutes ago, FunkedUp said:

I never get invited, but I’m sure I’d be a gas.

But probably not nitrous oxide

• Haha 1

What's with all the footballers and rugby players in their 30s and 40s dying recently of MND/ALS? I appreciate they are more at risk than the general population and lots always got it in their 60s and 70s but they appear to be getting younger. 

Recent tweet from Steve Gleason, and you can make your own conclusion on what it means: 

Sads news from the music world.

Just announced, founding member of the Golden Earring guitarist George Kooymans announced he's suffering from ALS. This means the death blow for the band who have played in the line up since 1969, and by that are the longest playing band in the same line up worldwide. These were childhood heroes. We used to vacation in a small town in the summer. They played the park annually and we could hear the concert from the back yard. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMxOYadMoVZ/

Tempt One, graffiti artist who has had ALS since 2003 auctioning his art to pay hospital bills.

He's been mentioned on this forum a few times and I'm suprised he's still alive. According to another instagram post he now spends all of his time in a hospital bed and communicates through an eye writer tool he also uses to create art.

Doddie Weir had a nasty fall last week, but is recovering.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/6869330/doddie-weir-scotland-rugby-fall-home-mnd-stitches/

He says he has a weak left leg. Well, I guess it's good he can still walk. But maybe not for much longer.

Jason Becker is “in constant contact with doctors” after suffering “shortness of breath and a rapid heart rate”, according to his mother.  Won’t be long.  Cup ready?

SC

Next month, Stephen Fry is going to interview ALS-"cyborg" Peter Scott-Morgan:

Looks like someone tried to draw Professor Brian Cox from memory onto a makeup mannequin.

41 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Next month, Stephen Fry is going to interview ALS-"cyborg" Peter Scott-Morgan:

Saw him on This Morning with Schofield the other week.

"Cyborg" is a polite way of saying vegetable with a talking computer.

On 06/04/2021 at 12:15, Sir Creep said:

Jason Becker is “in constant contact with doctors” after suffering “shortness of breath and a rapid heart rate”, according to his mother.  Won’t be long.  Cup ready?

SC

METALLICA, STEVE VAI, PAUL STANLEY, JOE SATRIANI AND MORE DONATE SIGNED GUITARS TO RAISE MONEY FOR JASON BECKER

JASON BECKER PUTS HEALTH UPDATE ON TWITTER

Sounds like the beginning of a downwards spiral to me. 

6 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Ughh... it's like you can follow the different stages of the disease with these people.

Rob Burrow: 2022

Doddie Weir: 2023

Stephan Darby: 2024

Burrow wont be here in a years time, by looks of it. Doddie has very notably gone downhill in the last few months too.

• Like 2