Jump to content
Sir Creep

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)

Recommended Posts

I’ll admit Hagen was probably my biggest overlook for 2020 and I’ve never seriously considered him which might hurt my DDP chances. (He wasn’t even originally on my DBN team and I had to transfer him in to show how much I didn’t consider him). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new video from Doddie Weir's twitter for those who want to form-check. He mentions he's "struggling to breathe" but puts it down to a tight jersey he's wearing :huh:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, msc said:

Would put Reptile top of the DDP. The one year he wasn't sweating over his exact 20 till the deadline...

Heh..  Usually my last-minute changes only make things worse.

My hardest decision was putting Pete Felton on. Again, seemingly a mistake.

Though my last decision this time, if I recall correctly, was the Sultan of Oman.

I wonder if I would have picked John Lewis, if he had announced his illness a day earlier...

 

Anyway, David Hagen's death, about 8 months after news of him being in hospice, is eerily similar to Fernando Ricksen's timeline.

Spade asked how long Ricksen lasted in hospice... it was 8 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 20:56, gcreptile said:

Two new tweets by Ady Barkan that demonstrate his steady decline:

 

 

Ugh, I hate this thread but if I gotta do what I gotta do....

 

Ady Barkan addressing the nation at the  Democratic National Convention tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Ugh, I hate this thread but if I gotta do what I gotta do....

 

Ady Barkan addressing the nation at the  Democratic National Convention tonight.

Here he is: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His speech seems to get the most attention of all of yesterday - certainly here in Germany...

 

...if he survives the year, I could imagine he is going to be a very popular pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ice Bucket Challenge cofounder Pat Quinn dead at 37

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Singer, songwriter and musician Pave Maijanen's ALS has progressed pretty quickly to the point he can no longer talk and is in a wheelchair. He's known for his famous songs in the 1980s and downfall in the 1990s, especially for getting the last place in the 1992 eurovision song contest.

https://www.seiska.fi/Uutiset/Sairaus-vei-puhekyvyn-Neumann-ystavansa-Pave-Maijasen-kohtalosta-Vaikeinta-on-tajuta-ettei

He's also 70. One I recommend to put on some list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could we change the title of this thread to something less specific, so we can talk about people with MND, Parkinsons, Huntingtons and other similar diseases.

As it stands,  it's a bit like lumping all dementias as Alzheimers.

Degenerative diseases might suffice as an umbrella term.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Toast said:

Could we change the title of this thread to something less specific, so we can talk about people with MND, Parkinsons, Huntingtons and other similar diseases.

As it stands,  it's a bit like lumping all dementias as Alzheimers.

Degenerative diseases might suffice as an umbrella term.

 

Good idea.

Through ALS and MND are the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2020 at 16:24, arghton said:

Singer, songwriter and musician Pave Maijanen's ALS has progressed pretty quickly to the point he can no longer talk and is in a wheelchair. He's known for his famous songs in the 1980s and downfall in the 1990s, especially for getting the last place in the 1992 eurovision song contest.

https://www.seiska.fi/Uutiset/Sairaus-vei-puhekyvyn-Neumann-ystavansa-Pave-Maijasen-kohtalosta-Vaikeinta-on-tajuta-ettei

He's also 70. One I recommend to put on some list.

Dead at 70:

https://www.iltalehti.fi/viihdeuutiset/a/3ff35c29-ec75-49bf-bd16-e34573f2b5ee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got him in AltObits, wasn't sure if he'd be accepted but he was.  Wait and see now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Toast said:

I've got him in AltObits, wasn't sure if he'd be accepted but he was.  Wait and see now.

He has already received quality finnish obits and will definitely score. It just depends on when the game runners see it. If they don't, we will notify them.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2018 at 08:03, Predictor said:

To stay on-topic, an American TV-personality named Donna Britt has ALS. She is 59.

 

27 July 2017: http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/article_bd823cd8-7308-11e7-9136-1f344940e7d9.html

 

Donna Britt dead - https://www.katc.com/news/covering-louisiana/longtime-wafb-anchor-donna-britt-dies-following-battle-with-als

 

Picked in this year's Hares by Reptile.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

 

"Britt ... retiring in 2018 after ... ALS stole her ability to deliver the news."

I dunno, seems she delivered some news just fine today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure she didn’t deliver the news, she was the news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use