Sir Creep

ALS/MND/other degenerative diseases

13 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

If there's nothing wrong with her, then why would she be eligible to run in the Paralympics? She's most certainly ill, and very likely dead very soon, as she sounds like that she's really in a lot of pain. Not a fraudster at all...

"Run".

Y5UOb.png

• Like 3

On 10/24/2017 at 09:31, Sir Creep said:

The latest on Dwight Clark, who some feel has one foot in the grave in coming months.  That was said facetiously.
SC

Another update on Clark.

Clark said former 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo, who researched the disease with fervor, helped alert him to a new medicine for ALS called Radicava. Because it became available in Japan before being distributed in the U.S., Clark flew to Japan to get a three-month head start.  He’s also encouraged by progress being made in Israel with stem-cell studies.

SC

17 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Could be another repeat of the telegraph interview, but a lot of Belgium sources are reporting this as recent news... 

The article says it's from a radio interview on Tuesday, so yesterday.

On 2018-01-08 at 16:37, Joey Russ said:

Can’t tell if it’s repeating stuff that we already know on Vervoort or not, but she has asked for euthanasia now...

Unexpected twist: "Uhh, why are y'all tryin' to kill me? Get that injection needle away from me, omg. Wait, what, euthanasia? No, no, I said Anastasia! I know she's out there somewhere, the Bolsheviks didn't get to her, I tell ya, SHE'S STILL ALIVE! LONG LIVE THE ROMANOVS!!!!!!!!!!!"

Or summat. :rolleyes:

ALS suffering former Saints player Steve Gleason tweeted this gem last night, after the Vikings beat his former team with a game-winning touchdown on the final play.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

ALS suffering former Saints player Steve Gleason tweeted this gem last night, after the Vikings beat his former team with a game-winning touchdown on the final play.

Funny :). Even though his time is up, statistically, he seemed too stable to me to pick him again.

8 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Funny :). Even though his time is up, statistically, he seemed too stable to me to pick him again.

Those diagnosed after 50 very rarely live beyond their prognosis. We're talking in years here, a few weeks months and maybe a year but rarely years.So There is a chance for him because of his age we'll have to wait and see. I chose him because of guaranteed obit, high points and into extra time so to speak with his illness.

A Ver Voort radio interview from from 9/1 I think. Title of video doesn't look good to my eyes but hopefully one of our Continental brethren can help with translation of the interview..

Don't know if this is new info, but according to El País, Vervoort wants to wait until after her mother's birthday, February 27th, to be euthanized.

1 minute ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Don't know if this is new info, but according to El País, Vervoort wants to wait until after her mother's birthday, February 27th, to be euthanized.

Then she'll want to see the World Cup, and so on...

• Like 1

Upcoming Releases for Belgium

31 January 2018

05 February 2018

07 February 2018

14 February 2018

21 February 2018

07 March 2018

21 March 2018

25 April 2018

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Bit of a kerfuffle...

I think she has a few things she wants to do before she dies. Though, if I’m honest, I actually have a feeling that even if she doesn’t get euthanized, she still will die this year as I’ve seen that her health has deteriorated in the Belgium press...

I wonder if I should propose a birthday death for her - but that wouldn't even change all that much because most have picked her as joker anyway.

2 hours ago, charon said:

Space balls, First wives Club, 21 jump street producer, Ezra Swerdlow dead from ALS at 64

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/ezra-swerdlow-dead-dies-producer-1202681357/

Had ALS AND Pancreatic cancer!  Talk about the double whammy.

Forget the Ice Bucket Challenge.
Now it's the (hot) Pepper Challenge, as started this past Christmas.
SC

On 01/21/2018 at 15:16, Phantom of the Midway said:

Well she's in a clinic in Diest which has previous form...

Tbh, the articles in December that mentioned that she was really suffering had me believe that there was always a chance for her to go the natural way. But you wouldn’t really lose too much if she goes naturally. She’s still worth the same amount of points as Liam Miller or Stefan Karl without unnatural points (and even then, I’m not certain she’d get them if she goes unnaturally anyways).

She'll be watching the Paralympics.

Not sure why she's being discussed in this thread though.

10 minutes ago, Toast said:

She'll be watching the Paralympics.

Not sure why she's being discussed in this thread though.

Yeah, I thought the paralympics might be another reason for her tp delay the deed.

It seems the forum decided at one point to make her an honorary ALS sufferer. It's really the highest honor we can give.

• Like 1