RobertMugabe

17. Joanne Woodward

91 today.  :birthday:

• Like 8

10 hours ago, HDS said:

91 today.  :birthday:

But does she know it? ;)

Theory: Joanne Woodward does NOT have Alzheimer's. The confusion stems from the 1985 TV movie Do You Remember Love, in which she played someone with that disease. If Joanne officially had it, wouldn't her Wikipedia page mention it?? I bet in reality, Joanne is healthy and sharp-minded and takes regular bike rides around the block.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_You_Remember_Love_(film)

29 minutes ago, Predictor said:

Theory: Joanne Woodward does NOT have Alzheimer's. The confusion stems from the 1985 TV movie Do You Remember Love, in which she played someone with that disease. If Joanne officially had it, wouldn't her Wikipedia page mention it?? I bet in reality, Joanne is healthy and sharp-minded and takes regular bike rides around the block.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_You_Remember_Love_(film)

Only in her mind.

• Like 2

Not dead yet, but there are a few (possibly previously unknown?) details on her Alzheimer's here, as Ethan Hawke is releasing a six-hour documentary series/film on Woodward and Paul Newman:

https://www.thewrap.com/ethan-hawke-interview-paul-newman-joanne-woodward-last-movie-stars/

The film’s final chapter also grapples with how Woodward, who is still alive at 92, has been dealing with Alzheimer’s for “a couple of decades,” a diagnosis she received just nine days before Newman was diagnosed with terminal cancer (he died in 2008). And Hawke says that sadly she’s “not in a position right now” to talk about her own history.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Oscar legend Joanne Woodward is hanging onto life by a thread and pals fear the fast-fading 92-year-old star will never be seen in public again.

The widow of superstar Paul Newman is surrounded 24/7 by caregivers at her family mansion in a wooded area of Westport, Conn., Radar has learned.

According to a source, Joanne is “not well” and “far gone” in the advanced stages of brain-savaging Alzheimer’s that she has battled for over a decade.

“Joanne’s daughters wait on her every need to make her final days as comfortable as possible,” the family friend said.

“It’s sad, but Joanne is at the end of a long life.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Is Radar Online a reliable source of information?

8 minutes ago, markb4 said:

Is Radar Online a reliable source of information?

No and they have been writing this exact bullshit for at least seven years.

They have no actual information.

• Like 4

These articles are all speculative but at 92 and having been diagnosed with alzheimers 15 years ago it is a fairly safe bet that she is in a bad way.

• Like 1

Most of Woodward's personal belongings are being auctioned off this June. It seems like she won't be needing them for much longer.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1

Absolutely positively reliable source of information claims Woodward is receiving “at-home hospice care.”

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

23 minutes ago, HDS said:

Absolutely positively reliable source of information claims Woodward is receiving “at-home hospice care.”

It’s now an even closer race between Carter, Harris and Woodward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Daredevil said:

The post above was ironic, you know?

• Like 2

Tbh I get the feeling this is true (even though they’re largely clickbait they do actually get legitimate info from time to time, and this isn’t just some sad last days post). That said, dementia hospice patients can last a long while…

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Tbh I get the feeling this is true (even though they’re largely clickbait they do actually get legitimate info from time to time, and this isn’t just some sad last days post). That said, dementia hospice patients can last a long while…

Agreed. And at a certain stage of Alzheimer's it's no difference entering hospice care officially or not.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Also throw in the likes of Nigel Starmer-Smith, Milan Kundera and Sonny Rollins the race gets really fascinating.

For a 93 year old suffering from dementia for 15+ years, could hospice be in play? Sure. 
I suppose I’m just not confident enough to initiate another sweepstakes on this one..

Do you think the news will be relayed by other more credible sources ? As far as I can see there is just this article and several unreliable others info sites stating that she is on her deathbed and that her family is by her side, but I won't believe it 100% until something like BBC or TMZ breaks the news. 

Also, between her (if this is real), Carter and Berlusconi, an interesting month of march april (edit : damn, we're already in april) is ahead of us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Also throw in the likes of Nigel Starmer-Smith, Milan Kundera and Sonny Rollins the race gets really fascinating.

Not to mention Joss Ackland. I watched The Sicilian (1987) the other day, where Ackland played an ageing, overweight mafia Don. Even back then, Ackland looked like a heart attack about to happen. How he has made 95 and is still going 35 years after that film is beyond me.

• Like 1

I believe it was Radar who first shared the news of her Alzheimer`s to the public so assuming their sources are the same it is probably true. She has had end-stage dementia for years now so her being in hospice care would be no great surprise whatsoever.

• Like 6

I think he is the source of RadarOnline, that's pretty a Catch-22 situation...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, drol said:

I think he is the source of RadarOnline, that's pretty a Catch-22 situation...

More likely he is just reacting to their article. "It appears she is in her final days" doesn't give off the impression he has first-hand info.

• Like 3