Joey Russ

Sweepstakes

As suggested, a new sweepstakes thread is here. The intent of this is so that the other threads don't get clogged up with sweepstakes when people are wanting news for a particular person. But, i still don't think sweepstakes should be start for anyone. That's why I'm offering a democratic way to start sweepstakes. Anyone is allowed to bring up a sweepstake idea, and they must get support of four other members in order to start. As such a case, anyone can object to a sweepstake, and likewise, they must get four other people to agree. Whoever gets four in support first will dictate if a sweepstakes will start or not, and if the offer gets rejected, they'll have to wait at least one month before they can bring it up the same sweepstakes again. As the owner of this thread, I feel like when it's necessary, to instant veto a ridiculous sweepstake offer (hoping not to use that power much if at all), or to allow bringing up a sweepstake again if that person takes a sudden turn for the worse and they are on a months wait. The veto can be overridden if ten people agree that the sweepstakes is necessary. 

Now, any objections to the rules? They are allowed. 

If not, I'll like to offer the first sweepstake: Liz Dawn.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Dawn: 10/03/2017

I did say I needed four other people to support a sweepstake idea to put one out. Not likely she'll get rejected (I certainly think it's a good idea), but it's more on preventing ridiculous candidates on getting a sweepstake. So, I need 3 more for it to come in order. Like or make a post for it to be accepted. 

Just now, Joey Russ said:

I did say I needed four other people to support a sweepstake idea to put one out. Not likely she'll get rejected (I certainly think it's a good idea), but it's more on preventing ridiculous candidates on getting a sweepstake. So, I need 3 more for it to come in order. Like or make a post for it to be accepted. 

Why can't we just do a sweepstake.

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

I wouldn't worry about it.  People will play if they want to.

I support a Dawn sweepstake.

4 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Why can't we just do a sweepstake.

Sigh. It's because someone who may not be on their last legs or is a ridiculous pick may be suggested as a possible sweepstake idea. You don't want to see sweepstakes for people like Kanye West or Keanu Reeves, who are completely fine at the moment, do you? 

Sigh. It's because someone who may not be on their last legs or is a ridiculous pick may be suggested as a possible sweepstake idea. You don't want to see sweepstakes for people like Kanye West or Keanu Reeves, who are fine at the moment, do you? 

Who gives a fuck; people will just ignore the silly ones. We're a reasonably competent bunch here,

Liz Dawn 9/9/2017

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Dawn: 10/03/2017

You are about 6 months or so late with that date...

• Like 2

Just now, Deathray said:

You are about 6 months or so late with that date...

Pretty sure he's American just like I am.

Pretty sure he's American just like I am.

And this is a British based forum; we use British dates.

• Like 5

Just now, Deathray said:

And this is a British based forum; we use British dates.

I don't think he necessarily knew what British dates form is since usually people write dates out like September 12th. 

FYI, I did say you can object to the rules in the first post before I brought forward the sweepstake nomination. That's still on the table. 

7 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I don't think he necessarily knew what British dates form is since usually people write dates out like September 12th. 

anyone who's been for my than a cursory browse of the web would know the difference especially forum users as there's usually settings that need to be tweaked for them.

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

FYI, I did say you can object to the rules in the first post before I brought forward the sweepstake nomination. That's still on the table. 

I know you aren't one; but how about treating the rest of us like adults. If someone posts Thomas Schafernaker we'll either ignore it or join in as we see fit. We are not babies who need sweepstakes governed. The fact we now have a separate thread for them is already too much interference,

Liz Dawn 11th September. 2017 9:05 am.

10 minutes ago, Deathray said:

I know you aren't one; but how about treating the rest of us like adults. If someone posts Thomas Schafernaker we'll either ignore it or join in as we see fit. We are not babies who need sweepstakes governed. The fact we now have a separate thread for them is already too much interference,

Anyone who agrees with Deathray can either like his post or make a verbal objection. Please don't like this post as an agreement to Deathray...

23 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Sigh. It's because someone who may not be on their last legs or is a ridiculous pick may be suggested as a possible sweepstake idea. You don't want to see sweepstakes for people like Kanye West or Keanu Reeves, who are completely fine at the moment, do you? 

Nobody else would reasonably start one or add on to those sweepstakes. I only see sweepstakes around this forum for those who are hospitalized and clearly in danger. 

• Like 1

Liz Dawn even if she seems fine now, you never know: November 6th, 2017

R Vera* will shuffle off this mortal coil on 12-09-17** at about 14:00. 

*That means Liz Dawn if you're familiar with Corrie, for anyone fortunate enough to not have watched it

**That means 12th September, for anyone unfortunate enough to get their date denominations the wrong way round

Ooh Keanu Reeves and Kanye West sweepstake - brilliant idea.

I'll go for Keanu 18th September 2046

and Kanye maybe 19th September 2046.

Is there a Kanye v Keanu thread anywhere hereabouts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

London attackers. Worth a poll but no option.

A/Whitee

N/Black

C/half caste ( for younger viewers, think Obama, Giggs, Marley or Hamilton)

D/Brown.

CCTV all over the place, so being London, and the shit nature of the bomb....I'll go...

"C".

• Like 1

Ryan Giggs?  Never would have guessed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, charon said:

London attackers. Worth a poll but no option.

A/Whitee

N/Black

C/half caste ( for younger viewers, think Obama, Giggs, Marley or Hamilton)

D/Brown.

CCTV all over the place, so being London, and the shit nature of the bomb....I'll go...

"C".

I find it difficult to take your already rather questionable logic seriously given that you've decided that between 'A' and 'C' would naturally come 'N'.

Right, what say we to a Leah Bracknell sweepstake next? 

I say she's been defiant so far but she'll die 1st November 2017.

Either that or the first time I actually vote for someone else in the fucking 'Next DL Death' poll.

• Like 1