drol

Alain Delon

10 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Tbf, I checked his Wikipedia page before I made that post, and it wasn't that big. Clearly there's stuff I need to catch up on...

Well yeah you know what they say: "your greatness is only determined by how long your Wikipedia page is."

William Henry Harrison has a pretty long-ass Wikipedia page and what did he do beside being too stupid to wear a coat on his freeeezing inauguration day and dying 30 days later, leaving the Americans with a substitute president for 3 years and 11 months?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Deadpool said:

Delon deserves this tread. One of the biggest actor from France and recognised internationally.

Absolutely. In France, only Gabin, Depardieu and Belmondo can be considered arguably greater. He's also a major 60's and 70's sex symbol.

Speaking of which, you might wanna keep an eye on those last two names I mentioned.

Thank you, drol. Of course he derserves his own thread at least more than "celebs" like erroll christie, gord downie, sandy gall and so on.

he is a living movie legend with whom I grew up.

• Like 1

Sorry, Joey. I'm late to the party but I know who he is. :)

Alain Delon ready to die, apparently.

PS He wants someone to kill his dog too.:unsure:

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Dreadful translation!  While the literal meaning of il va tres mal is "he/it goes very badly", that is the French idiom for "he is very ill".

2 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Interestingly, he also says that Michael Haneke also has cancer.  I can't find any other references to this, but some of Haneke's pictures seem to support this.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Dreadful translation!  While the literal meaning of il va tres mal is "he/it goes very badly", that is the French idiom for "he is very ill".

Mais, vous avez compris quand meme.

6 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Interestingly, he also says that Michael Haneke also has cancer.  I can't find any other references to this, but some of Haneke's pictures seem to support this.

No, he doesn't.  He's talking about Trintignant.   It's long-winded journalese - "(the actor) who was in Michel Haneke's 'Amour'  ".

Alain Delon sait que celui qui joue dans 'Amour' de Michael Haneke souffre d'un cancer.

6 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Mais, vous avez compris quand meme.

Bien sur.  But others might not. 

Never mind Delon, how's his dog doing?

• Thanks 1

You’re all so sweet trying to understand french sentences :blush: tell me if i can help by translating some articles

• Thanks 2

If Jean Louis Trintigant can last until January then he'll defiantly be my joker.

16 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Oh oh... 

He does not say that Haneke has cancer! Terrible translation!

16 minutes ago, ImissMontpellier said:

Oh oh... 

He does not say that Haneke has cancer! Terrible translation!

:clivedunn:

• Haha 1

According to french medias and his son Anthony Delon, Alain Delon was victim of a stroke a few days ago and is currently residing in a clinic in Switzerland to recover

https://www.leprogres.fr/france-monde/2019/08/08/apres-un-avc-l-acteur-alain-delon-se-repose-en-suisse

I think if he survives until december 2019, we seriously need to put him on The List.

Alain Delon reacted to Belmondo’s death saying this

7B45D0EC-A15F-4A10-86C2-7962F2367B38.jpeg

translation : I’m so devastated. I’ll try to hang on to not do the same as he did in the next 5 hours. But it would be great if we died together, we started together 60 years ago. 

Delon is always really dramatic but could it be a Piaf/Cocteau situation all over again ? 

• Sad 2

He said something similar when Mireille Darc died too, and that was .... a while ago now.