drol

Alain Delon

Honestly, Delon has been a drama queen for years, always saying he has not much long to live despite being completely fine : when Belmondo died last year, he said that he has just days left and that he would follow his friend. Then he showed up for Belmondo’s funeral and looked quite good, gave interview etc… it’s been at least 10 years since he first said he would die soon, I’ll be completely shocked if ever he tries to resort to euthanasia 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Honestly, Delon has been a drama queen for years, always saying he has not much long to live despite being completely fine : when Belmondo died last year, he said that he has just days left and that he would follow his friend. Then he showed up for Belmondo’s funeral and looked quite good, gave interview etc… it’s been at least 10 years since he first said he would die soon, I’ll be completely shocked if ever he tries to resort to euthanasia 

That was my reaction :D but he stays on my list anyway.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Toast said:

That was my reaction :D but he stays on my list anyway.

Same ahah ! One day he will be right anyway 

The whole euthanasia thing kind of brings me to a bit of a debate here, if a celebrity announces that they will undergo euthanasia/assisted suicide on a certain date (let's say Alain Delon announces he goes for euthanasia on January 10th, 2023), is it illegal to pick that celebrity for a dead pool? I'm sure expert DeathListers have some kind of policy on this but as a rookie DeathLister I would like to know.

On 21/03/2022 at 08:44, TheSpinosaurus said:

The whole euthanasia thing kind of brings me to a bit of a debate here, if a celebrity announces that they will undergo euthanasia/assisted suicide on a certain date (let's say Alain Delon announces he goes for euthanasia on January 10th, 2023), is it illegal to pick that celebrity for a dead pool? I'm sure expert DeathListers have some kind of policy on this but as a rookie DeathLister I would like to know.

DDP has a rule for 'death row' inmates that only give points for dying of reasons other than execution, but I couldn't find anything related to ehtuanasia, personally I believe that the death row rule should apply to Delon's case as well.

47 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

DDP has a rule for 'death row' inmates that only give points for dying of reasons other than execution, but I couldn't find anything related to ehtuanasia, personally I believe that the death row rule should apply to Delon's case as well.

I don’t see how they’re related.  If the State isn’t carrying out the execution, then the person died from something other than a death brought about by the State. 

2 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Has now written his farewell message. It looks like this is the end for him. He should have been on the 2022 DL.

https://www.marca.com/en/lifestyle/movies/2022/04/01/6246787c46163f56258b4582.html

Well that’s timed fucking inconveniently for Cup hopefuls.

3 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Has now written his farewell message. It looks like this is the end for him. He should have been on the 2022 DL.

https://www.marca.com/en/lifestyle/movies/2022/04/01/6246787c46163f56258b4582.html

Don’t believe anything about it. Probably has written his farewell message yeah, but in prevision of his death in 10 years ! Writing a farewell message doesn’t mean anything for someone like him who’s craving for attention.
I’ll believe it when I see him dead. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know the guidelines for euthanasia in Switzerland? How long can it possibly take from a firm decision to assisted suicide?

21 minutes ago, Book said:

Does anyone know the guidelines for euthanasia in Switzerland? How long can it possibly take from a firm decision to assisted suicide?

Don't do it, Book!! You still have so much to live for!!

• Haha 8

20 minutes ago, Book said:

At somewhere like Dignitas I believe you become a member and then go through the application process and get approved and then once you are approved it is up to you whether or not you ever exercise your approval to be euthanased (not sure if that is the right way to express). 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Don't do it, Book!! You still have so much to live for!!

Ach, this little life ;)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

At somewhere like Dignitas I believe you become a member and then go through the application process and get approved and then once you are approved it is up to you whether or not you ever exercise your approval to be euthanased (not sure if that is the right way to express). 

Ah ok. So it is not impossible for Delon to get assisted suicide this year.

Asking for my theme team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I’ll believe it when I see him dead. 

Sounds terribly menacing.

• Haha 1

Twitter chatter for the last couple of hours that he's dead, though IDK how far to believe it - nothing from any verified accounts. Still, putting it here just in case it's actually true

• Like 2

New article with interview of Delon : in his own words, he admits that he is still healthy and physically in good condition. Says that he’s bored and doesn’t want to spend the rest of his days like a zombie in an hopsital bed (but Who does honestly). Speak about his death (his favorite subject now…) and Where he wants to be buried but doesn’t speak about euthanasia anymore : I wouldn’t be surprised if he has given up on it ! 
Talks about Bardot a bit : they are said to be in close contact and that she wants to die after him in order to speak at his funeral. Weird and morbid interest about death from both of them, I wonder how you can be as obsessed with it  :p

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

New article with interview of Delon : in his own words, he admits that he is still healthy and physically in good condition. Says that he’s bored and doesn’t want to spend the rest of his days like a zombie in an hopsital bed (but Who does honestly). Speak about his death (his favorite subject now…) and Where he wants to be buried but doesn’t speak about euthanasia anymore : I wouldn’t be surprised if he has given up on it ! 
Talks about Bardot a bit : they are said to be in close contact and that she wants to die after him in order to speak at his funeral. Weird and morbid interest about death from both of them, I wonder how you can be as obsessed with it  :p

LOL

• Haha 2

Recent interview with Zelensky 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b1jkC4u7z_M

From around 1:24:00, you can see Delon. No denying he still looks fantastic but consistently sounds frail and short of breath. Maybe Delon can wait until 2024 for his DL induction but I wouldn’t take the risk, especially with all the old French greats dying recently...

• Like 1

I feel like he will do a Godard and will ressort to euthanasia at some point. He’s just a major drama queen and now that someone famous paved the way, I think he’ll just follow the steps. I can see him not mentionning it publicly to create more drama and suspens When it does happen. He’s a real pain in the ass. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I feel like he will do a Godard and will ressort to euthanasia at some point. He’s just a major drama queen and now that someone famous paved the way, I think he’ll just follow the steps. I can see him not mentionning it publicly to create more drama and suspens When it does happen. He’s a real pain in the ass. 

My heart skipped several beats when I saw Delon’s thread just now.

A French Actor or Actress has never appeared on the DL, apart from Charles Aznavour who was mostly a singer. Thus, Alain Delon really should be on from 2024 onwards, he is much too famous to be missed- the most famous French actor who has ever lived.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

the most famous French actor who has ever lived.

I wouldn’t go that far, Belmondo, Jean Gabin, Depardieu, Yves Montand, Lino Ventura, Michel Piccoli… but I agree, he’s up there ! 
I think him and Bardot would be great calls for next year (I had the feeling for a little while now that BB will do a Jeanne Moreau and die at 89) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I wouldn’t go that far, Belmondo, Jean Gabin, Depardieu, Yves Montand, Lino Ventura, Michel Piccoli… but I agree, he’s up there ! 
I think him and Bardot would be great calls for next year (I had the feeling for a little while now that BB will do a Jeanne Moreau and die at 89) 

Belmondo, Depardieu and Gabin would come close but no cigar. Delon is Delon- Le Samouraï, France’s no. 1 symbol of French Cinema. The male Brigitte Bardot and Bardot is France’s most famous actress of all time.

I can see Delon going at 88 or 89 at most. Bardot I think will go around 92 or 93, she has always been quite active. I am very surprised Moreau lived to 89, she never looked a picture of health in the 50s and 60s. Without knowing, I would have guessed she died in 2004.

• Like 3

Moreau is the reason I get interested in deadpooling. I remember clearly When it was annouced, I was in holidays with my parents in late july or beginning of august. It was a huge news in France. And then I began betting for myself Who would be the next icon to go :) 

• Like 2