Sign in to follow this  
Lard Bazaar

Tom Petty

4 hours ago, MadMac said:

Reports are that he’s on life support after being found “in full cardiac arrest”. Strange one, no history of health issues or addictions that I recall. Certainly not on the radar. 

A biography released in 2015 discussed his past heroin usage in some depth. While it wasn't authorized, it was a book that he cooperated with, so there is some basis to believe it. 

I hope he doesn't die. This was a bad month.

First they knock down what's left of The Koskiosco Bridge, Then Monty Hall dies, then the club shooting and now this.  Why the stupid do not resuscitate? If they can save him, then at least try to resuscitate him. I'm hoping for a miracle, but not likely. He's either dead or will be shortly.

He sure wasn't known for his excesses in terms of drinking and drugs, but he's a heavy smoker as far as I know. Over a long period of time, smoking will damage your circulatory system and cause narrowing of the arteries, etc. So maybe it's not that surprising that this happened. I want to say that I hope he pulls through, but not if he's going to be a vegetable.

Still, I don't think he'll come around here no more...

He's not dead? Can't find it online, and he's obviously in a bad way, but it cant help but remind me of this bit in the Simpsons:

At three p.m.  Friday, local autocrat C. Montgomery Burns was
        shot following a tense confrontation at town hall.
        Burns was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced
        dead.
        He was then transferred to a better hospital where doctors
        upgraded his condition to "alive".
  • Like 1

Dead dead this time, according to his management to the LA Times.

RIP.

Dylan and Lynne survive the Wilburys...

I'd say both possible candidates for next year...

Curse of the Traveling Wilburys strikes again! Orbison and Harrison are dead too.

now confirmed on the BBC

46 minutes ago, bladan said:

Curse of the Traveling Wilburys strikes again! Orbison and Harrison are dead too.

Dylan, Keltner and Lynne left.

Tom Deady and the Heart-Failures?

5 hours ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

EDIT 2: STILL ALIVE...which proves once again that a huge part of the problem is media focusing on being ‘first’ instead of ‘fact’

I'm not sure if Tom Petty is alive or not but journalism sure is!

Well, it's a shame, but indeed has been comfirmed by the Beeb as well as numerous other sources.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41475013

By the way, it's not like this type of "fake news" were an entirely new thing. Premature obituaries have been around for longer than newspapers and journalism. I could quote Mark Twain here but I'm sure we all know what I'm referring to.

The sad thing is, the original report could've been issued when the guy had already permanently lost all higher level brain functions (the BBC report stated "he was taken to hospital, but could not be revived"), so he might have been dead in all but name.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GossipGabe said:

The sad thing is, the original report could've been issued when the guy had already permanently lost all higher level brain functions (the BBC report stated "he was taken to hospital, but could not be revived"), so he might have been dead in all but name.

I'm sure that was the situation.  Very very sad.  Taken too soon, and he will be missed.  sad_smiley_48.gif

13 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Not sure,but nobody can break his stride

That's Matthew Wilder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

This are sad news :(

*is*

• Like 1

In all seriousness though, I knew he was gone by the time I woke up.  Being taken off life support after being unconscious for while is pretty sad, especially since he wasn't as heavy on drugs as other people. Really sad way to go. RIP. :( 

13 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

In all seriousness though, I knew he was gone by the time I woke up.  Being taken off life support after being unconscious for while is pretty sad, especially since he wasn't as heavy on drugs as other people. Really sad way to go. RIP. :( 

Nothing like as sad as a long painful decline from cancer, or dementia.  He probably never knew what hit him. 

And Tom had done plenty of drugs in his time.