Sign in to follow this  
Lard Bazaar

Tom Petty

8 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

Dylan, Keltner and Lynne left.

They'd better beware of the Grim Reaper!

• Like 1

Only discovered his work late, I remember all the white farmers in Zimbabwe playing 'won't back down', great song. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Are you freakin serious? 

Turns out I vaguely knew who he was because of the Travelling Wilburys but I couldn't name any of his other work. 

16 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

Turns out I vaguely knew who he was because of the Travelling Wilburys but I couldn't name any of his other work. 

I bet you would recognise quite a few of his songs though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Dylan and Lynne survive the Wilburys...

I'd say both possible candidates for next year...

End of the Line?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, time said:

End of the Line?

Dylan - heavy smoker long-term

Lynne - a strange character in many ways and a few people reckon him autistic but not a noted hellraiser or hard liver. I'd say he'll see many of his peers out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Dylan - heavy smoker long-term

Lynne - a strange character in many ways and a few people reckon him autistic but not a noted hellraiser or hard liver. I'd say he'll see many of his peers out.

I saw Mr. Lynne in concert at Wembley Stadium,  London  in June he was looking pretty fit to me and put on a brilliant concert. He's not a kick in the backside away from being 70 but I have seen much younger musicians that don't have the stamina he has, I won't be adding him to my list anytime soon.

(Apologies for the rubbish photo!)

ajefflynne.jpg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Lady Grendel said:

I saw Mr. Lynne in concert at Wembley Stadium,  London  in June he was looking pretty fit to me and put on a brilliant concert.

Yeah, but ....

I saw Mr. Lynne Petty in concert at Wembley Stadium Hyde Park,  London  in June July he was looking pretty fit to me and put on a brilliant concert.

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

Yeah, but ....

I saw Mr. Lynne Petty in concert at Wembley Stadium Hyde Park,  London  in June July he was looking pretty fit to me and put on a brilliant concert.

Indeed that is a very good point! Also had a friend that saw Mr. Petty  in Hyde Park, pretty amazing gig by all accounts and he was only a year or two younger than Jeff, I might have to rethink that one :-)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lady Grendel said:

Indeed that is a very good point! Also had a friend that saw Mr. Petty  in Hyde Park, pretty amazing gig by all accounts and he was only a year or two younger than Jeff, I might have to rethink that one :-)

But the point re Lynne is that his main addiction is to recording and producing music. The one hour documentary BBC Four did a few years ago found him in a lavish LA mansion very much engaged with his work and healthy. The one conspicuous absentee was a wife/girlfriend. Actually he's twice divorced with a history of going out with other women as well but appears to be very much in his own world. Paul McCartney described him as very talented but "something of a twat." All of which has fuelled the argument he's a high functioning OCD/autism job of some sort who works hard and plays moderately.

Of course - if he dies tomorrow...

10 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

That looks like the same reports that happened after the LAPD incident and not a new incident. Besides, why would his family lie about his death when they announced it? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

That looks like the same reports that happened after the LAPD incident and not a new incident. Besides, why would his family lie about his death when they announced it? 

The article was published just 5 hours ago though. I think we have to assume he's still alive till proven otherwise!

4 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

The article was published just 5 hours ago though. I think we have to assume he's still alive till proven otherwise!

Ever think about the reliability of the article and not when it was posted? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

The article was published just 5 hours ago though

Careless journos.

It's obvious what happened.  He died naturally from a heart attack, he was rushed to emergency while they shocked his heart into functioning and put him on life support.  He was dead though, brain dead, so he was kept on life support to give family and friends time to say goodbye.  In real terms he was dead from the start, even if technically alive for a few hours.  That's the reason for the confused early reports

• Like 2

He's still listed as dead on Wikipedia.All very confusing !

1 minute ago, CoffinLodger said:

He's still listed as dead on Wikipedia.All very confusing !

It's not confusing at all. It's just that you are being a dumbass at the moment. He's dead. It's confirmed by his family, there's no way he's still alive. The "false" report was very similar to the false report earlier, and it's not one of the most reliable sources out there. Please don't look at one source and get your facts there...

• Like 1

It seems Tom Petty is not the only brain dead person around...

• Like 3

What if he did Elvis. Tired of show business, he faked his death

Looking at the internet it does look as if he is dead after all.It's a shame he wasn't  on the list. Could have used the caption 'Tom Petty and the Heart Attackers' !

• Angry 1

Just now, CoffinLodger said:

Looking at the internet it does look as if he is dead after all.It's a shame he wasn't  on the list. Could have used the caption 'Tom Petty and the Heart Attackers' !

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Hmmm.

Can I be arsed doing a list re the Cash American Recordings collaborators?

Perhaps at weekend. Six albums I think, and Petty was the latest to peg.

Lots of DL folk, Crowe,, Henley, Young etc being most likely next up.

9 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Paul McCartney described him as very talented but "something of a twat." 

Pot. Kettle. Twat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Various prescribed painkillers, to be more precise.

Tom's autopsy report shows the singer was on several pain meds, including Fentanyl patches, oxycodone (Oxycontin), temazepam (Restoril), SPAM (SPAM), SPAM (SPAM), acetyl fentanyl and despropionyl fentanyl. The reason doctors prescribed the meds was because of a number of medical problems, including emphysema, knee problems and a fractured hip.

The family says the linchpin to Tom's demise was the fractured hip. He insisted on touring for 53 concert dates with the condition, which worsened over time and caused him to take the meds. On the date he had the heart attack he was told his hip had graduated to a full-on break that made the pain unbearable and may have caused the overuse of meds.

Bloody hell.  That shouldn't have happened.  :(