football_fan

New Here And Just Saying Hello

34 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Hmmmm. "The Brain"

It, sort of, suggests that you are a mega genius and the font of all knowledge.

The only DL members on here who come mightily close to fulfilling that criteria are Mary and CA.

You are aiming very high :blink:

Did you mean RA?

there's a short clip from star wars of C3PO saying "we're doomed" and every one commented saying it's what they thought when Trump became president

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Did you mean RA?

No Toastie, I meant CarolAnne.

RA is a genius, however, in the art of deadpooling!:D

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mirandagurl said:

there's a short clip from star wars of C3PO saying "we're doomed" and every one commented saying it's what they thought when Trump became president

Well, obviously not EVERYBODY as that would have concluded that nobody had been stupid enough to vote him in.

Mind you, with the alternative as Hilary Clinton it was a choice between a fucktard and a fucktard.

No win.

i think they call it hobsons choice?

On 02/01/2019 at 09:04, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Well, obviously not EVERYBODY as that would have concluded that nobody had been stupid enough to vote him in.

Mind you, with the alternative as Hilary Clinton it was a choice between a fucktard and a fucktard.

No win.

As the official greeter of DL, allow me to apologize for this rudeness, and to simultaneously welcome each and every one of you to DL! 
You will find this family friendly fun for everyone to enjoy, and such bad behaviour is frowned upon.  
That said, we do a lot of frowning around here.
SC

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

As the official greeter of DL, allow me to apologize for this rudeness, and to simultaneously welcome each and every one of you to DL! 
You will find this family friendly fun for everyone to enjoy, and such bad behaviour is frowned upon.  
That said, we do a lot of frowning around here.
SC

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

A couple of American friends told me that the only reason people voted Trump was because they didn't want to vote for Clinton. 

Hello I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this in but my grandfather will be 95 in June and I was wondering if you all agree with me that he looks good for his age? He has given me his permission to post his photo as he has a great sense of humour, the photo is of him last week.

Sadly my grandmother died last February, they had been married for 73 years and he is not the same since then but still goes out walking without having to use a stick and is very independent. He went swimming 4 times a week and played golf until he was 91 and still drives now to do his shopping twice a week. I was wondering what your opinion is on whether or not he will make 100 as we all hope he will? Thanks :D

FB_IMG_1548548108023.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stephen123 said:

Hello I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this in but my grandfather will be 95 in June and I was wondering if you all agree with me that he looks good for his age? He has given me his permission to post his photo as he has a great sense of humour, the photo is of him last week.

Sadly my grandmother died last February, they had been married for 73 years and he is not the same since then but still goes out walking without having to use a stick and is very independent. He went swimming 4 times a week and played golf until he was 91 and still drives now to do his shopping twice a week. I was wondering what your opinion is on whether or not he will make 100 as we all hope? Thanks :D

FB_IMG_1548548108023.jpg

Welcome! And Grandfather of Stephen123 is clearly doing extremely well, I wish him all the best! I’m sure he’ll be knocking about for years yet; maybe get him to join the site for himself? 

• Like 1

Hi Stephen!  Your granddad looks great.  Hope he gets his ton and stays in good health.

• Like 1

Nailed on to get the ton Stephen.

* is he obitable ? :sherlock:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stephen123 said:

Sadly my grandmother died last February, they had been married for 73 years and he is not the same since then but still goes out walking without having to use a stick and is very independent. He went swimming 4 times a week and played golf until he was 91 and still drives now to do his shopping twice a week. I was wondering what your opinion is on whether or not he will make 100 as we all hope he will? Thanks :D

FB_IMG_1548548108023.jpg

Your Grandfather looks great for his age, hope he makes it to his ton, he reminds me of my great Uncle as they look so alike, however my great uncle died when he was 81 way back in 1995 when I was 10, he was a lovely old man.

My Uncle was independent for most of his life until the last few months of his life often driving, cutting the lawn, going shopping etc remarkable considering he had both his legs shot off at the end of the Second World War and had to have false legs for the last 50 years of his life and the prosthetic legs back then were nothing like     They are today.

I always remember him taking his legs off when he was in pain and thinking how cool it was that he could take his legs off obviously now I realise it was anything but and he must of been in agony. 

Your Grandad sounds great, cherish him while you can.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fergie86 said:

Your Grandfather looks great for his age, hope he makes it to his ton, he reminds me of my great Uncle as they look so alike, however my great uncle died when he was 81 way back in 1995 when I was 10, he was a lovely old man.

My Uncle was independent for most of his life until the last few months of his life often driving, cutting the lawn, going shopping etc remarkable considering he had both his legs shot off at the end of the Second World War and had to have false legs for the last 50 years of his life and the prosthetic legs back then were nothing like     They are today.

I always remember him taking his legs off when he was in pain and thinking how cool it was that he could take his legs off obviously now I realise it was anything but and he must of been in agony. 

Your Grandad sounds great, cherish him while you can.

Aw thank you for your kind words, that's a very touching story, your uncle sounds like an amazing man :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen123 said:

Aw thank you for your kind words, that's a very touching story, your uncle sounds like an amazing man :)

He really was nothing seemed to faze him or get him down, I certainly wouldn’t be able to cope as well as he did with losing both his legs. I just wished I would of known him when he was younger because despite being active until the last few months of his life, age was catching up with him when I was kid.

On 27/01/2019 at 19:41, Fergie86 said:

He really was nothing seemed to faze him or get him down

No legs you say?

I'd suggest

giphy.gif

would get him down imo.

hi everyone. long time lurker of the page but brand new to the forum. hope to be active since i haven't been in a forum since 2003 maybe and miss the experience very much lolz. im from peru and i can't believe only one person from the list has died so far! 

• Like 6

hello-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 1

On 09/04/2019 at 06:09, rayrayafrika said:

hi everyone. long time lurker of the page but brand new to the forum. hope to be active since i haven't been in a forum since 2003 maybe and miss the experience very much lolz. im from peru and i can't believe only one person from the list has died so far! 

Welcome!

Any inside info on Javier Perez de Cuellar?

• Like 2

last year they accidentally said he was dead on the news. turned out to be a mistake, poor guy haha. i read somewhere that in some moment he said he'd been abducted by aliens but then years later he denied it.

• Like 2

On 07/04/2018 at 17:46, markb4 said:

Hello all,

Been a lurker on here for a few years myself and just thought I'd create an account to say "hi"! I understand the point of the Deathlist and feel you guys get some undue criticism from people who assume you all are evil people cackling maniacally as they wait for celebrities to die one by one, but I know that's not the case (at least, I hope that's not the case, lol). I know there have been many celebrities' deaths that have personally hurt many of us and that this Deathlist is more so like a "tournament bracket" or "picking the Oscar winner" sort of thing (or whatever hobby-related analogy fits your demeanor).

Anyway, I just wanted to drop a greeting and hope I can get involved in the next year's Deathlist...however that works!

Mark

Been over a year since I've joined the forums. Glad to say my time here has been mostly positive, by far! Looking forward to many more deadpools with y'all!

• Like 1

A suggestion for the fine ladies and gents running the gaff.

Just noticed whilst browsing online users that a couple of Guests were registering. Upon noticing this I wondered:

a) Do we have a welcome PM outlining the basics of the place for new users, if not could we perhaps look at sorting one out ("Come say hello in here, the rules are here etc")

b) Is there any chance of a newest users tab at the bottom of the page so we can distinguish any newcomers to be slightly nicer too.

8 hours ago, Deathray said:

A suggestion for the fine ladies and gents running the gaff.

Just noticed whilst browsing online users that a couple of Guests were registering. Upon noticing this I wondered:

a) Do we have a welcome PM outlining the basics of the place for new users, if not could we perhaps look at sorting one out ("Come say hello in here, the rules are here etc")

b) Is there any chance of a newest users tab at the bottom of the page so we can distinguish any newcomers to be slightly nicer too.

You are going soft.:D

• Haha 1

We all figured it out on our own, snowflake. 

They’ll manage.  In fact, if they can’t its a good first step in membership weeding.

However I think maybe WE should have a questionnaire that THEY can fill out so we have ammun......er, information about who we allowed in.

btw, newbies, I’m SirC, the Official DL Welcomer.  Chosen cuz I’m so warm and cuddly.

SC

• Haha 1

On 23/08/2019 at 14:41, Sir Creep said:

We all figured it out on our own, snowflake. 

They’ll manage.  In fact, if they can’t its a good first step in membership weeding.

However I think maybe WE should have a questionnaire that THEY can fill out so we have ammun......er, information about who we allowed in.

btw, newbies, I’m SirC, the Official DL Welcomer.  Chosen cuz I’m so warm and cuddly.

SC

More like Sir I bum ice hockey players