football_fan

New Here And Just Saying Hello

25 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Don’t think there’s a departures thread (this isn’t an airport after all!) so just going to post this in here – it’s been a fun and interesting 15 years but I’ve decided I’d rather leave DL. Not going to get into my reasons for this.

I will still drop in every few months to edit existing lists I’ve made through the years, but I do not intend to post anymore.

Adieu

:hatsoff:

That is unfortunate. We didn't always get along, but I consider you a DL mainstay. Dare I say icon? Won't be the same

Hope all is well and wish you luck 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Don’t think there’s a departures thread (this isn’t an airport after all!) so just going to post this in here – it’s been a fun and interesting 15 years but I’ve decided I’d rather leave DL. Not going to get into my reasons for this.

I will still drop in every few months to edit existing lists I’ve made through the years, but I do not intend to post anymore.

Adieu

As that other Maryport figure hereabouts says, go well! You know where to find us if you change your mind!

Really sorry to hear this.  You'll be missed.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

This can only mean one thing.

General Election!!!!!

praying-pray.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Adieu

Wow 15 years, I would like to stay that time here...Best wishes for you!!!

I hope you continue editing Wikipedia...

Your contributions to the site have been well valued, especially the research on old musicians and actors. Be well!

• Like 3

Sad to see you go. I'd like to think it's not as strict as signing your resignation letter and vowing never to return. Hell, I vanish sometimes, but no one's checking. You can show up whenever you like and we can agree to... I don't know... not make a fuss, if you don't want that.

You obviously have different views to some members, but that can only be a positive. Echo chambers aren't productive places to be. Thanks for your many hours spent reading up on people who had been all but forgotten.

Enjoy your retirement:champagne:

• Like 1

Goodbye, and many thanks for the contributions! I enjoyed your work very much. I wish for you to be able to channel these efforts into a different subject.

The forum will be around for a while I suspect. I dare say that one never completely leaves this interest. 

Sorry to hear this. Your efforts with old actors and footballers was phenomenal and I'll struggle to keep this up by myself.

But I do understand and wish you well.

• Like 1

That is too bad. We never conversed much, but I always valued your research work and contributions.

I wish you well and all the best in your future endeavours!

• Like 1

Best wishes Ulitzer. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Não pense que há um tópico de partidas (este não é um aeroporto, afinal!) então só vou postar isso aqui – tem sido um divertido e interessante 15 anos, mas eu decidi que prefiro deixar a DL. Não vou entrar nas minhas razões para isso.

Eu ainda vou cair a cada poucos meses para editar as listas existentes que fiz ao longo dos anos, mas não pretendo mais postar.

Adeus

:chapéus:

I was very sad about this news, your contributions are very important to me, and I believe that for the vast majority here, I will miss you, cheers for you, I hope you come back

So long, Ulitzer.

We weren't always on the same page, expecially during a certain period, but seeing a post from yours in the 100 club or Political Frailty threads always gave high hopes to me.

I'd imagine I'd come here someday, seeing your post on the 100 Club as "Song Ping dead at 106", but this won't sadly happen. And the same for many other of them geezers still around.

Take care.

We should have an ‘Old Here And Just Saying Goodbye’ thread.

• Like 1

Hi. I've been happy just lurking for a while now but I find myself bored so thought I'd join. I'm no veteran deadpooler or learned researcher or anything so I apologise in advance for adding nothing to this site.

Edit: My first post and you're calling me a spammer? Thanks for that. I've got nothing to sell, I promise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Root Inspector said:

Edit: My first post and you're calling me a spammer? Thanks for that. I've got nothing to sell, I promise.

Oh don’t worry about that, it’ll change up when you post more.

What normally happens here is new posters say hello and then never post again. So I’ll say welcome, but dubiously.

• Like 1

Well hello

cecc8602d39baa7ac43df2b143ba3341Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjY3OTk1NjQx-2.1140874.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/04/2023 at 17:09, Root Inspector said:

Hi. I've been happy just lurking for a while now but I find myself bored so thought I'd join. I'm no veteran deadpooler or learned researcher or anything so I apologise in advance for adding nothing to this site.

Hiya Root!

As the official DL greeter allow me to do my duty and welcome you aboard.  

• Facepalm 2

23 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Hiya Root!

As the official DL greeter allow me to do my duty and welcome you aboard.  

Thank you Sir. That greeting must be sincere as this is the first post I've seen of yours where you don't refer to yourself in the third person.

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Root Inspector said:

Thank you Sir. That greeting must be sincere as this is the first post I've seen of yours where you don't refer to yourself in the third person.

He's the official greeter in the same way I'm the pope.

• Facepalm 1

On 09/03/2023 at 09:52, Ulitzer95 said:

Adieu

This riding into the sunset message caught my eye. Reckon the real reason is that His Majesty’s Prisons don’t allow use of computers or mobile phones.

• Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, The Hermit said:

This riding into the sunset message caught my eye. Reckon the real reason is that His Majesty’s Prisons don’t allow use of computers or mobile phones.

Speaking from experience, no doubt.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 04/04/2023 at 01:43, En Passant said:

He's the official greeter in the same way I'm the pope.

'Greeter' is old Scots slang for 'someone who cries' is it not?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Hi, been here for a while. Made an account, thought here would be a place to start. Not exactly an expert so I will refrain from posting unless necessary and leaving within a week, thanks

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1