maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2018

Death Race Form Guide #37

Kevin Spacey

Oscar winning actor who is now a pariah following sex allegations.Could he do a Carl Sargeant?

23031438_918523761630544_5670135928136131461_n.jpg

Death Race Form Guide #38

Johnny Hallyday

Widely known as the French Elvis, he has now been diagnosed with lung cancer. With his recent hospitalization, will he become the next fool for death? 

FA178A86-357B-43AB-9C53-5964D4C24F34.jpeg

Lets hope the tradition of someone not reading the rules and turning their list in after the deadline doesn't continue this year...

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Lets hope the tradition of someone not reading the rules and turning their list in after the deadline doesn't continue this year...

Makes no odds Joey

Rules is rules and ridicule duly follows

Though in terms of discussing etiquette I would point out that I LOVE teams already ordered alphabetically and the odd team has acquired a joker by default having nominated nobody and then ignored my reasonable requests to identify one (in that instance the person in first place gets the nod regardless of how likely to die s/he is)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

the odd team has acquired a joker by default having nominated nobody and then ignored my reasonable requests to identify one (in that instance the person in first place gets the nod regardless of how likely to die s/he is)

That's what TMIB did the year I forgot to name a joker!

• Like 1

Death Race Form Guide #39

Montseraat Caballe

image.png.c1b0eff2f8419659bdad406bf1e98745.png

One of the biggest names in Opera has been a no show in court for tax evavison charges,due to her age(84) and weight her no show's could be health related. Will she stop singing in January? tbd

Death Race Form Guide #40

carmen_franco_polo_fotografiada_en_2015_

Carmen Franco

Unrepententend apologist for her civil war winning father and decorated with enough Spanish civil honours to give the obtituarists a challenge in getting the upper case letters in the order (even if they can't explain WTF each gong was awarded for). This class of 26 graduate is now in serious health trouble and stumbling our way with enough media interest to allow some of the usual half-accurate/half-hopeful prognosticating from armchair experts on death prediction. Long-list bait for sure.

^ Terminal cancer of undisclosed sort and not getting it treated. Shoe in for Hares Pool points, maybe Deathrace/Deathlist Cup too.

12 minutes ago, msc said:

^ Terminal cancer of undisclosed sort and not getting it treated. Shoe in for Hares Pool points, maybe Deathrace/Deathlist Cup too.

Indeed - it's only her current obscurity in the UK and US that'd keep her out of Drop 40 contention in the DDP (IMHO at least), but I'm working on it.

Deathlist Form Guide #41

3267968_crop.jpg?itok=ACiwaRmV

Martin Peters

Former footballer who made a significant contribution to the early games of Gorleston's run to the Norfolk Senior Cup in their memorable 1983-84 season. We asked about other games he might have played in but Martin seemed a bit hazy on the details and at one point claimed to be actor Peter Falk and swore blind he'd recorded a song called Could it be Forever. We're all agreed it won't be forever, or even that much longer. But as always with the Deathrace the real question is when.

Here is my team for 2018

Richard Arvine Overton-joker
June Squibb
Bella Thorne
Dilip Kumar
King Michael Of Romania
Ami Brown
Jet Black
Kevin Lima
Montseraat Caballe
Linda Nolan
Claus von Bulow
Nabi Tajimi
Anne Hamiltion Byrne
Corey Feldman
Liam Miller
Dame Vera Lynn
Pearl Carr
Betty White
Jean Barker,Baroness Trumpington
Paul Schluter

subs Prince Phillip,Beverly Clearly,Stefan Karl Stefansson,Nick Carter

You might want to have a couple of subs in case any of the people above don't make the starting line...

29 minutes ago, YorkshireBanker said:

Thanks for the heads up,just edited them in

Cheers

Masterlist duly updated

Deathrace Form Guide #42

norman-dewis-in-a-jaguar-xk120-136395344

Norman Dewis

97 year racing driver and test-driving legend who put in the miles that made Jaguar cars a classic. Dewis was close enough to the worst motor racing accident of all time - Le Mans 1955 - to count his future hold on life as something of a bonus; particularly since his racing days co-incided with a carnival of carnage. His steady progress to a century of years has of late been marked by the establishing of his own website and appearances at classic car events - especially when they concern the Jaguar brand. He's old school enough - likely - to be horrified at the nature of our interest and - therefore - may well spite us with a no show in the 2018 results. But, he is 97.

On 10/29/2017 at 08:31, maryportfuncity said:

It's fast, it's furious it's f***in' good fun. Teams of 20 topplers posted on this thread or PM'd to MPFC will be collected into a masterlist to provide a carnival of carnage, the counting of which goes live in the first second of 2018. Points aplenty pour into the scoreboard until someone snags the stupendous total of 2018, at which point the event that used to be the fastest deadpool in common useage (until MPFC started something faster!) slams on the brakes and the lucky winner is duly given metaphorical back-slaps and allowed to claim a prize worth about a tenner (though tradition thus far dictates this turns into a charitable donation)*. Closing date for entries is midnight on 30 December 2017.

·         Bear in mind an alternative to the charitable donation is a double measure of spirts or a couple of pints bought at a DL Con and such an event is scheduled for 24 March!

And here's that list of entrants in full:

Bibliogryphon - bg

FixedBusiness - fb

FA178A86-357B-43AB-9C53-5964D4C24F34.jpeg

After our previous MC - David Cassidy - withdrew at the last minute it wasn't lung (heh heh) before L'Elvis Francais stepped in to greet the guests at our annual shebang!

Reigning champion: Death Impends

OFxVeD3.thumb.jpg.998b76257867d5f537ea65

And those former champions in full:

2009 - Raskolnikov

2010 - Nobody, I mean f***in' nobody, reached the winning points total

2011 - DDT

2012 - Spade Cooley

2013 - DDT

2014 - Death Impends

2015 - MSC

2016 - DDT

2017 - Death Impends

Just noticed the new MC. Hopefully he will oblige to stay for the next 35 days unlike David Cassidy...

34 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Just noticed the new MC. Hopefully he will oblige to stay for the next 35 days unlike David Cassidy...

Aye, and I've just noticed that I didn't list yorkshirebanker as an entrant - sorting it once I post this

7 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I have no idea who that is...

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

New MC is Johnny Hallyday - French Elvis, or summat

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Master of Ceremonies, typically the guy who talks between acts at an event in real life. For some reason mpfc uses it to denote one of the most likely to die picks in the game. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

New MC is Johnny Hallyday - French Elvis, or summat

Le français Elvis

I like the story about George Harrison on holiday in France. In a hotel, when he hears the familiar shrieks of teenage fans, and got worried. Then into the hotel walked Johnny Hallyday, and the shy Beatle breathed a sigh of relief.

EDIT - Actually, trying to think where I first heard that, and come to think of, it might well have MPFC on here?

I do know what an MC is...although the preferred option for me would be "emcee".

Ah, so that's Hallyday...*shrug* not really a pick for me, Aznavour's more my style...

Here is my team for 2018:

1. Leah Bracknell (Joker)

2. Johnny Hallyday

3. Tessa Jowell

4. John McCain

5. Valerie Harper

6. Rayya Elias

7. Greg Gilbert

8. Javier Perez de Cuellar

9. Olivia Newton-John

10. Rev. Billy Graham

11. Devin Lima

12. Yasuhiro Nakasone

13. Stefan Karl Stefansson

14. George H. W. Bush

15. Norman Lloyd

16. Jose Jose

17. Isabel Peron

18. Nobby Stiles

19. Clive James

20. Linda Nolan

Subs: Tori Black, Robert Mugabe, Whitey Ford, Ruth Bader Ginsburg

1 hour ago, The Unknown Man said:

Here is my team for 2018:

1. Leah Bracknell (Joker)

2. Johnny Hallyday

3. Tessa Jowell

4. John McCain

5. Valerie Harper

6. Rayya Elias

7. Greg Gilbert

8. Javier Perez de Cuellar

9. Olivia Newton-John

10. Rev. Billy Graham

11. Devin Lima

12. Yasuhiro Nakasone

13. Stefan Karl Stefansson

14. George H. W. Bush

15. Norman Lloyd

16. Jose Jose

17. Isabel Peron

18. Nobby Stiles

19. Clive James

20. Linda Nolan

Subs: Tori Black, Robert Mugabe, Whitey Ford, Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Wassup with Tori Black - not even 30 yet is she?