msc

The 3rd Crowdsourced Deathlist (2018 edition)

Form Guide #16

image.png.829d6dfbd3f99c8009c355435ebbcad9.png

The last living Silent Film star Baby Peggy turns 100 in 2018

• Like 1

Form Guide #17

The Enigma that is Cher

Still performing after 50 years in the business with regular concerts and an appearance in the upcoming sequel to Mama Mia

Cher_Approved (1).jpeg

Frail Cher is in her sad last days struck down by a mystery illness leading to cancelled concerts. Associates say she is ready to die and be at peace with whichever of her two ex husbands the article mentions and then there is her rocky relationship with her transgender offspring...

cher-cancelled-concerts-sick-flu-dying-pp.jpg

On 11/8/2017 at 04:29, Spade_Cooley said:

Feel like the graps fans on here need to unite around one pick, so may I put forward "The Ugandan Giant" himself, Kamala.

2578183_1416281135.0339_funddescription.

Broke, has had both legs amputated due to diabetes and guaranteed obits in all the redtops as well as the Mail, Guardian and Indie. Also, the 1993 Kamala "moon belly" yellow card Hasbro is officially the most valuable wrestling figure of all time, as only 24 were ever produced.

Here he is, pre-Kamala, getting a beatdown from Shirley Crabtree himself. Check out the slackness of those ropes:

Currently in a hospital on life support right now,looks like he won't make 2018 starting line

Knew one of the wrestling fans would get to that first when it broke overnight. Apparently he is showing some limited improvement.

UPDATED: PWInsider reports that Kamala underwent surgery on Sunday due to complications from diabetes, such as fluid in his lungs. Things were looking very bad for him yesterday, but he did show some improvement over the course of today, opened his eyes, and was more alert. He remains heavily medicated and on a ventilator. The hope at this point is that they can take him off medications, he will get more responsive, and then they can try to work him off the ventilator.

Ok, because I'm nice (read: suffering from another bloody chest cold), I am opening the submission period a few hours earlier.

By which I mean, the submission period for ballots/lists for the 2018 Crowdsourced Deathlist is now open.

• Like 1

Cool. Four lists in already, within...12 hours or so. Good start, this early on.

For those who like my annual "after X lists" teaser, our current leader is, by a fair distance imo, the most famous person to have ever topped the list at any point. 2nd is someone connected to him, I believe they went to the same parties. And 3rd is a sports star. Of course this is early doors, and who was in the top 3 at this stage last year? Gina Lollobrigida and Sheila Mercier. Exactly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Think I can easily guess who the first two are. The sport star is a little bit of a question, but I think I could guess them in two tries...

I have sent what is the current status of my Shadowlist whilst sitting in the business lounge at Istanbul Airport. On my way back home.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Think I can easily guess who the first two are. The sport star is a little bit of a question, but I think I could guess them in two tries...

My uneducated guesses;

John McCain

Bush Sr

Kamala (although I'd question whether he can really be consider a sports star) if not him Gordon Banks

I'm probably completely wrong. 

Form guide #18

Diana Athill

image.jpeg.a63a856c233d6fb9f06c0fa235c08712.jpeg

Vote for Diana Athill, the lively, matter-of-factly literature critic and memoirist. OBE, turning 100 next month, and living in a care home for a while.

As MPFC said, she might be an active member of this forum, if she knew about it. Like Clive James, her personality always shines through her articles, but her literary output is slowly expiring.

3 hours ago, Deathray said:

My uneducated guesses;

John McCain

Bush Sr

Kamala (although I'd question whether he can really be consider a sports star) if not him Gordon Banks

I'm probably completely wrong. 

I can confirm you are wrong... especially since Biblio's vote came through since my last post and changed the top three. :lol:

Every vote changes things - why, last year a dozen spots were sealed with the last 2 votes of the year.

Please vote for Ozzy to be in the top 50 this year. 

If you really want me to have support for an older person though, please vote for the legendary Stan Lee. We should honor him especially since the Infinity War movie is coming up next year...

Sent my list in now since I have other more important things to worry about. I expect at least a couple of people on my list to cark it before the starting line tbh...

How many people have appeared on all the lists so far? Or is it once again no one appears on all lists this early on?

Only 2 names so far, I believe. I thought it was 3, but one of them was missing off a single list.

1 hour ago, msc said:

Only 2 names so far, I believe. I thought it was 3, but one of them was missing off a single list.

How in the world? There's eight nailed-ons? (McCain, Bracknell, Kamala, Bush Sr, Mrs Bush, Gordon Banks, Mugabe, Phil the Greek)

Come on guys? Wake up people?

I have a question, might be a stupid one, but why is Gordon Banks such a popular pick?

Kamala I honestly don't think he will even see out the month let alone 2017. Mind you, if he's still around by the time the advent avalanche happens, he's one of those names that will be taken immediately... 

17 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

I have a question, might be a stupid one, but why is Gordon Banks such a popular pick?

Not a stupid question.

He has kidney cancer and lost a kidney to cancer over a decade ago.So he has one remaining kidney left that is cancerous.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Kamala I honestly don't think he will even see out the month let alone 2017. Mind you, if he's still around by the time the advent avalanche happens, he's one of those names that will be taken immediately... 

I thought he was improving.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

I thought he was improving.

No news since then, which happened a couple of days ago. No news often mean bad news...

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

No news since then, which happened a couple of days ago. No news often mean bad news...

True.I reckon he has a year or 2 at most.

Wrestlers don't tend to get much traction in the votes, but there's plenty of time left for that. Snuka got to 71st place and 86 points last year, though he announced his demise after a number of voters who might have voted for him already had done so, ,and others didn't believe the sod.

We've got 7 votes in so far, a record for November (subs tend to arrive mostly in the last week), and so far, Deathray is right: the same names do seem to be creeping up time and again. Just perhaps not specifically the ones he might have mentioned. One thing that does amuse - two people have actually smashed their points tallies from the 2017 list already. I mean of the notables on the actual 2017 list. Obviously McCain has smashed his record of getting 0 points whatsoever in the two previous goes, that doesn't count...