msc

The 3rd Crowdsourced Deathlist (2018 edition)

Apologies for being thick.But can we only pick the top 25 from this year's list?

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

Apologies for being thick.But can we only pick the top 25 from this year's list?

You can pick whoever you like. If we finish with 26 names (like this year), the lowest ranked gets disqualified in favour of the 51st name, and so on.

I am unsure that will happen however, as only 4 names need to drop out.

To keep within the spirit of the DL, I am working on retaining 25 of my own suggestions for this year.   But that may change.

1 hour ago, msc said:

Wrestlers don't tend to get much traction in the votes, but there's plenty of time left for that. Snuka got to 71st place and 86 points last year, though he announced his demise after a number of voters who might have voted for him already had done so, ,and others didn't believe the sod.

We've got 7 votes in so far, a record for November (subs tend to arrive mostly in the last week), and so far, Deathray is right: the same names do seem to be creeping up time and again. Just perhaps not specifically the ones he might have mentioned. One thing that does amuse - two people have actually smashed their points tallies from the 2017 list already. I mean of the notables on the actual 2017 list. Obviously McCain has smashed his record of getting 0 points whatsoever in the two previous goes, that doesn't count...

I honestly have a suspicion that I already know who one of them are, but the other one could be anyone tbh...

EDIT: Well, anyone apart from the top 3, as it's not possible for them to break their points yet...

10 lists in.

Total number of points anyone could possible have right now - 500 points

Points gained by the current number one - 389 points.

Popular!

• Like 1

Astounding effort so far, especially for the number 1 person so far. Think only the top three from last year has more points than this person currently...

4 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Astounding effort so far, especially for the number 1 person so far. Think only the top three from last year has more points than this person currently...

That is correct.

Although Zsa Zsa would have, but died early. She was on 640 points when she died! From 800 possibly!

There's this thing in Doctor Who fandom, you see. And other fandoms, undoubtedly, but I'm not qualified to make deadpool analogies about them! You have the stories that a majority of fans adore, then you have the stories that a majority of fans hate, and in the middle, you have this spread of about 100 stories that are neither outright adored or universally hated. Just there.  Terror of the Autons, for example: enjoyably kitsch 70s Jon Pertwee stuff with a mix of great stuntwork, dodgy FX and even dodgier acting. Just there, no real feelings from the majority.

This happens every year with deadpooling: you've got the "certs" or "favourites", then at the other end of the spectrum "the droppable names" or "bad picks", and in the middle, a whole bunch of "could pick 'em but easily lost in the shuffle" names.

What surprises me is that we have reached over 50% of the list total from 2016 (let's smash that record, eh?) and there's a huge deadpooling/Drop 40 name threatening to be one of those lost in the shuffle. 100% certainty to qualify by December 31st imo, but the fact it's even in doubt now is shocking.

• Like 1

We have a new provisional leader! Someone well known to the forum.

11 names from this years top 100 have now bettered their 2017 tally already.

• Like 1

On 02/12/2017 at 11:55, msc said:

We have a new provisional leader! Someone well known to the forum.

11 names from this years top 100 have now bettered their 2017 tally already.

Any utterly bizarre suggestions so far ;)

5 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Any utterly bizarre suggestions so far ;)

Yeah, a Polish weatherman.

:P

Just now, msc said:

Yeah, a Polish weatherman.

:P

Nah then, as I'm discounting him (he was sent to do on location reports from an active hurricane ffs). 

As I’m sure there will be lots of subs to replace the now late Johnny Hallyday, what place was he at the time of his death? 

3rd with 414 points.

All of which will scatter downwards (or upwards) to others now. When Zsa Zsa went, her 600 points subbed all over the place.

That's over 800 points of sub work which now needs to happen. If another cancer sufferer (you know who I mean) snuffs it before Christmas, I might have to scream.

Stuff like this is why I'll always wait until the waning days of the year to submit, despite already having come up with 50 names (including the replacements for Michael and Hallyday)...

• Like 1

The subs have been added after the deaths of King Michael and Johnny Hallyday. There's about 30 names separated by 30 points in the 40th-70th position as it stands, so really anyone could yet make the list. As for that A lister I previously mentioned? Picked up 150 points since I said that. Sods law. But just goes to show, even someone with 0 or 1 point right now could still make the list.

As Stefan Karl did last year, in fact.

• Like 1

We've reached the number of lists from last year, with 18 days to go and many of the usual suspects still to send in lists. One of the names on this years top 20 actually has over double the points they had in 2017.

• Like 2

Any hints on who's first now?

Ok, a wee bit of stat excitement, since you insist...

I can confirm that our current number one has equaled the all time record for points (Zsa Zsa in December 2015), and that a single point from any of the remaining lists will put them out in front. It's a name you all know very well.

Number 2 (currently around 3) has nearly 350 more points than in 2017, and is less than 20 points behind First Place.

As for Number 3, I'm pretty confident if I gave everyone a guess, they'd complete fail to get it. I'd be almost tempted to add them to my shortlist, only they've been on it for a considerable while.

22 lists in is now the record. With a few regulars still to come in (Sean, Gcreptile, DI, Book and others) too. A fair number of forum newcomers too, very curious. Stay and mingle. Oh, and because it's Christmas, and because I am occasionally less Scrooge than useful, I accepted the Kid's list.

Oh yeah, the top two on the list have now smashed the points record.