Sean

Rayya Elias

:Saw this update on Elizabeth Gilberts instagram about her "wife" (they had a commitment ceremony not a legal civil partnership but oh well)No other updates on Liz's social media feeds for over two weeks apart from this .Old photo?Surely Rayya Can't make 2018!

Seems like a farewell post.Created this thread as she fits more than one category.Nailed on Drop 40 name should she hang on a few more weeks.

Starts thread on Saturday.

Thread ends on... oh...Tuesday?

Though "Phoenix" = rise from the ashes/death. Maybe there was an improvement?

Aye, and likely the cause of a crash on this site around the first seconds of December with regard to Advent Avalanche entries.

Personally, like...I'll still hedge my bets on King Mihai, or summat

My mind goes "how the fuck has she made November, maybe she can see the new year after all?"

A thought, mind, that cropped up re Holly Woodlawn, Ray Price, Piers Sellers, etc...

• Like 1

Same diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer about 18 months ago been off treatment for several months!Extraordinary.

The most ominous thing for her seeing the bells is who has her in the top 5 currently, and... who doesn't.  It's a fiver.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Same diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer about 18 months ago been off treatment for several months!Extraordinary.

Well there was the case of Jack Poole, but I can't mind if he was "in remission" at any point in his circa 26 month battle.

I do wonder if she has the same type of pancreatic cancer as Steve Jobs and Wilko.Yes it is stage 4 so she is still fucked but could explain the unusually long life span.My step Grandad had stage 4 pancreatic cancer and was dead in weeks.Any chemo or other treatment was out of the question from the outset.

Hmm, let's look at the clues to determine the age of the photo. :sherlock:

Cozy clothing suggests it's very recent, as it's autumn and obviously been cold in the Midwest/Northeast. (I don't know if they're living in New York City or Rayya's hometown of Detroit). Speaking of the Detroit, that Detroit Lions hat Rayya is wearing suggests the photo was taken during the NFL season, which started in September and is still going on. 

However, it could very well have been taken during last year's NFL season. Rayya doesn't look as sick as she did in that September photo, and it's unlikely that someone with such advanced cancer has even a slight recovery.

Really rooting for her to make 2018. She's made it months seemingly "in her last days", she could last a couple more months. But it's more likely than not she'll die within a few weeks.

7 minutes ago, msc said:

The most ominous thing for her seeing the bells is who has her in the top 5 currently, and... who doesn't.  It's a fiver.

Also a key name in my shitely run death  by numbers.

Just now, Phantom of the Midway said:

Hmm, let's look at the clues to determine the age of the photo. :sherlock:

Cozy clothing suggests it's very recent, as it's autumn and obviously been cold in the Midwest/Northeast. (I don't know if they're living in New York City or Rayya's hometown of Detroit). Speaking of the Detroit, that Detroit Lions hat Rayya is wearing suggests the photo was taken during the NFL season, which started in September and is still going on. 

However, it could very well have been taken during last year's NFL season. Rayya doesn't look as sick as she did in that September photo, and it's unlikely that someone with such advanced cancer has even a slight recovery.

Really rooting for her to make 2018. She's made it months seemingly "in her last days", she could last a couple more months. But it's more likely than not she'll die within a few weeks.

I dunno stage 4 pancreatic cancer with no treatment for at least 5 months .End must be nigh now.

21 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Though "Phoenix" = rise from the ashes/death. Maybe there was an improvement?

She stopped treatment so I doubt it.

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

I do wonder if she has the same type of pancreatic cancer as Steve Jobs and Wilko.Yes it is stage 4 so she is still fucked but could explain the unusually long life span.My step Grandad had stage 4 pancreatic cancer and was dead in weeks.Any chemo or other treatment was out of the question from the outset.

pancreatic AND liver cancer.

But you know, vagaries of death. I know of folk who beat prognosis not through fighting*, but just...not dying, even otherwise entirely defeated. Whilst strong Rock of Gibraltar folk can get wiped out inside a week.

*Obviously they were fighting, but you know what I mean: cancer everywhere, unable to eat/speak, you know.

Various obit chances is??

1 minute ago, charon said:

Well, say you were the Daily Mail editor.

Lesbian immigrant/asylum seeker dies young-ish of cancer, wrote some lefty book, and a Christian apologist blonde female writer dumped her husband to hook up with her.

Could you resist that obituary?

Because I'm pretty sure they can't. :D

• Like 2

Just now, charon said:

Gotten repeat coverage from Guardian and Mail ever since the original "Liz Gilbert left her hubby because her gal pal is terminally ill which made her realize she loved her" headline - which was always a story you know the media will revisit when the inevitable happens. Obit a shoo-in w/o a doubt.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, msc said:

pancreatic AND liver cancer.

But you know, vagaries of death. I know of folk who beat prognosis not through fighting*, but just...not dying, even otherwise entirely defeated. Whilst strong Rock of Gibraltar folk can get wiped out inside a week.

*Obviously they were fighting, but you know what I mean: cancer everywhere, unable to eat/speak, you know.

What I mean is could be that type of cancer just at a late stage.

Aye, but famous for being ill in that sense.

• Like 1

Obit chances are sky high.Even without the crucial Elizabeth Gilbert association her book Harley Loco got a guardian review in 2013 before her cancer.Gilbert is a popular yet shit culture figure .Obit guaranteed.

Just now, Sean said:

Obit chances are sky high.Even without the crucial Elizabeth Gilbert association her book Harley Loco got a guardian review in 2013 before her cancer.Gilbert is a popular yet shit culture figure .Obit guaranteed.

She had some (niche) fame before illness, but then, nothing compared to the Tragically Hip or Emmerdale, and some folk hadn't heard of those terminal folk before either.

Obviously being terminally ill brings her to the attention of deadpoolers when her book might not, but that's par for the course, really.

12 hours ago, Sean said:

Indeed and if we want to get realistic about it some dead pools simply want credible sources and even the harder to please taskmaster at DDP only requires said papers to mention it in news so you don't need the full obituary write up. Apart from owt else her funeral may round up a few notable names and get a fleeting mention even in a 2018 week when cabinet ministers are being outed for sex pesting and the grim realities of Brexit haave led to to more economic gloom.

Her 2018 obit chances that is.  I've given up hope on her death this year.  Cunt.

SC

Dunno still a lack of updates.Ominous