Sean

Rayya Elias

4 hours ago, the_engineer said:

She's my first hit . If  elizabeth gilbert comes out saying she died on 2017 i'm calling shenanigans.  :o

Fuck that, it'll jump me up 20 spots in DDP 2017 into at least the top 75, I'll bloody well take it.  
Tessa Jowell, get ready to step on up you're the next contestant on my DDP 2018 team.
SC

Ha! You got another one Charon. :D 

4 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Fuck that, it'll jump me up 20 spots in DDP 2017 into at least the top 75, I'll bloody well take it.  
Tessa Jowell, get ready to step on up you're the next contestant on my DDP 2018 team.
SC

I think there is a cut off point for obits , I had doreen keogh on my 2017 list it would of jumped me up from joint 44th to joint 36th but it says on Derby dead pool homepage they failed to get the requisite UK obit in time. 

IMO that has always been a major flaw in the DDP.   It would be fair to allow at least a week for obits to come in for late December deaths.

• Like 1

Well, remember it was only around 2014 when TMIB changed the rules to allow even that small grace period. It used to be, the bells rang, and even obits that came in at 5 past midnight were too late. Ron Searle for example, the St Trinians guy.

Just now, msc said:

Well, remember it was only around 2014 when TMIB changed the rules to allow even that small grace period. It used to be, the bells rang, and even obits that came in at 5 past midnight were too late. Ron Searle for example, the St Trinians guy.

I believe that it was because James Avery death was announced on New Years Day when he died the day before...

16 hours ago, the_engineer said:

I think there is a cut off point for obits , I had doreen keogh on my 2017 list it would of jumped me up from joint 44th to joint 36th but it says on Derby dead pool homepage they failed to get the requisite UK obit in time. 

That cutoff as I read it is a week, and yesterday was the 5th.  I know this discussion is an exercise of mental gymnastics but it does present a potential issue which the rules address.  Today would be the cutoff (11:59pm GMT?) I reckon.  Certainly I prefer a hit to get things going this year, but either way I'm a happy camper.  She was my Joker last year, not this one though.

SC

16 hours ago, msc said:

I thought that was still the case.  I can't see any reference to late obits in the DDP rules page, though.  What am I missing?

Am I thinking of some other DP?  Or was it just a discussion on the thread?  I could swear there was a grace period 'at which point the game will come to a close' kinda thing.  Hmm

SC

Four pages of discussion for someone who should be on Fringes of the famous.....

• Like 1