Joey Russ

Who Should Be On The 2018 Deathlist?

On 11/13/2017 at 15:54, YoungWillz said:

Stick Tom Baker on..he's now too big to miss..

Tom has made a video about the Doctor Who anniversary!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, msc said:

Tom has made a video about the Doctor Who anniversary!

Greetings from God...

I wonder who will make number 1 next year.

8 minutes ago, Sean said:

I wonder who will make number 1 next year.

If he survives, I assume King Michael of Romania

Bush Sr?

Just a thought, what would happen if one of the 50 names for the new list happened to die in the closing hours of the old year? Would a reserve be considered?

I reckon it will be King Michael Billy Graham Kirk Douglas John McCain Clive James Liam Miller Bush Senior Herman Wouk Leah Bracknell or Nobby Stiles.

1 minute ago, ebless said:

Just a thought, what would happen if one of the 50 names for the new list happened to die in the closing hours of the old year? Would a reserve be considered?

Not sure.Probably

Number 1? Prince Philip perhaps.

I'd guess either Bracknell leaps to #1 ala Martin Crowe, or McCain debuts at the top (since an obvious newcomer sometimes appears in the first spot).

I was thinking 2009, when lots of folk seemed certain Swayze would be #1, only for it to be Ronnie Biggs.

Though, tbh, as long as the person is on the list, it doesn't matter to me if they are 1st, 50th, 49th, etc...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sean said:

I reckon it will be King Michael Billy Graham Kirk Douglas John McCain Clive James Liam Miller Bush Senior Herman Wouk Leah Bracknell or Nobby Stiles.

commas are your friends.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I think it's a little too early to say it with 37 days util New Year.

But I'd say, in this order:

1- King Michael

2- Leah

3- Bush Sr.

4- A newcomer like McCain

5- The Reverend

6- The Pope

My guess for number 1 is John McCain. 

I would guess

1) King Michael

2) Leah Bracknell

3) McCain

4) Bush Sr

5) Kirk Douglas

6) Stan Lee

7) Billy Graham

8) Pope Benedict

9) Clive James

10) Vera Lynn

Beverly Cleary or I.M. PEI

• Like 1

I doubt they'll put McCain at the top. With an average 15 month prognosis from July 2017, he could very well make it to 2019, so he's not nearly as immediately ill as Mihai or Bracknell. McCain isn't exactly well known or widely regarded in the U.K. from what I've seen either.

I do see McCain in the top 10 though.

McCain is well known in the UK. Among folk who pay even casual attention to politics of course, can't speak for those who don't know what an election is.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, msc said:

McCain is well known in the UK. Among folk who pay even casual attention to politics of course, can't speak for those who don't know what an election is.

Do people in the U.K. really pay attention to our elections? 

I live in the U.S. and I was fatigued after 2016's campaign, I can't imagine watching it elsewhere from a different country.

Yes, our main news and TV current events shows cover the US elections and big political stories. I've known about McCain since 2000 when he ran against Bush, and that was a while before I became interested in politics. He was doing one of those walk by and asked questions from the press vox pop bits, then he turned to the C4N camera/journalist and went "Oh I know you, you're from Channel 4 News, come and have some tea!"

Then he got gubbed by Bush.

His health even made top headlines in the locals here like the Evening Times (the Glasgow paper) when he got diagnosed a few months ago. Name recognition - which not a lot of non-British (or hell, British/Scottish) politicians have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Do people in the U.K. really pay attention to our elections? 

I live in the U.S. and I was fatigued after 2016's campaign, I can't imagine watching it elsewhere from a different country.

Oh yes, any big political news story from anywhere in the world and we hear about it, particularly from the US. 

Just out of genuine interest, what's British political coverage like in Americaland? For no reason whatsoever, I have the impression that the only time anyone had ever heard of Theresa May is when she held Trump's hand on a walk around the White House, and even then just presumed she was just an aged receptionist.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Oh yes, any big political news story from anywhere in the world and we hear about it, particularly from the US. 

Just out of genuine interest, what's British political coverage like in Americaland? For no reason whatsoever, I have the impression that the only time anyone had ever heard of Theresa May is when she held Trump's hand on a walk around the White House, and even then just presumed she was just an aged receptionist.

Let me put it this way: the average American doesn't pay attention to politics in his own country.

Can't really expect us to know anything about a foreign country's politics.

• Like 2