Joey Russ

Who Should Be On The 2018 Deathlist?

I feel like this year more of the 'certs' seem deathlisty than last year. I mean, Bracknell is guaranteed to return if she sees the year out and McCain, Newton-John, and Tsvangirai are no brainers, but Liam Miller is also deathlisty considering that the deathlist does have a thing for football while Stefansson does seem to have a big enough of a cult following especially on the forum that I think the committee might stick him on next year. Hell, even Patrick Cryne has a deathlisty vibe to him, so I say they're definitely spoiled for choice next year...

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I feel like this year more of the 'certs' seem deathlisty than last year. I mean, Bracknell is guaranteed to return if she sees the year out and McCain, Newton-John, and Tsvangirai are no brainers, but Liam Miller is also deathlisty considering that the deathlist does have a thing for football while Stefansson does seem to have a big enough of a cult following especially on the forum that I think the committee might stick him on next year. Hell, even Patrick Cryne has a deathlisty vibe to him, so I say they're definitely spoiled for choice next year...

Shit I forget  Stefannson.Cryne and Miller are no braibwrs too.

13 minutes ago, Sean said:

Shit I forget  Stefannson.Cryne and Miller are no braibwrs too.

I like your new avatar.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Only person I'd absolutely guarantee the Cmme will go for in that post is Bracknell.

Bar McCain, the rest have nearly a 0% chance.

13 minutes ago, bladan said:

I like your new avatar.

It is me at my office Xmas party.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, msc said:

Only person I'd absolutely guarantee the Cmme will go for in that post is Bracknell.

Bar McCain, the rest have nearly a 0% chance.

Even Olivia Newton-John?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Even Olivia Newton-John?

*nods*

I would honestly doubt they would ignore all those names above especially since they went for the likes of Errol Christie and Gord Downie this year...

Keep in mind they didn't go for Colin Meads who is considered one of NZ's top Rugby Players of all time,someone like Cryne is not a lock to get picked since he is probably only known to deadpooler's and people in Barnsley or people  who support a lower league side that has a history against Barnsley FC.  Cryne's fame level is notches even below Christie or Downie who some thought were iffy choices

My gut feeling is now that they've finally shattered the previous record, the DL will go more leisurely next year and not stock up on many terminal cases. Keeping Brackers and adding McCain/ONJ, maybe Tessa Jowell.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

My gut feeling is now that they've finally shattered the previous record, the DL will go more leisurely next year and not stock up on many terminal cases. Keeping Brackers and adding McCain/ONJ, maybe Tessa Jowell.

What he said.

Thinking more Bernard Hepton, less Patrick Cryne. Of course, I did say "no Brackers, no Downie, no Meads and no Christie" last December and turned out wrong on 3 of the 4, so what do I know? Nothing.

• Like 1

Why not just wait until I finish adding the new names to my list, then create a list from that? ;):P lol

Olivia Newton -John is truly a list material and automatically famous enough for the DL.Beggars belief that anyone is questioning the point.Same with John McCain .

Tessa Jowell strikes me as a name the DL are highly likely to go for.If you aren't British you won't have heard of her but those in England who are my age and older will know exactly who she is.Former New Labour cabinet minister under Tony Blair and Gordon Brown who oversaw London's successful bid for the 2012 Olympics .Was an MP for well over 20 years and is now in the house of Lords. A regular media presence until recently and applied unsuccessfully to run for London Mayor last year.She is a nailed on obit gainer from every national and London based paper and will make TV news bulletins when she goes .

• Like 1

And by obit I mean a proper old fashioned write up.

Liam Miller I reckon could sneak a space on the list but it depends how many committee members had heard of him before his illness.Stefannson I think might scrape on as the media attention has increased rapidly over the year and has demonstrated how well regarded he is to young adults of a certain age.That and he is almost a cert.

Cryne would be a good name but can't help think the fact he doesn't have a wiki will make the committee decide against him.

That's as close to Word from God as you're going to get on Stefan Karl. He isn't going on the list.

• Like 1

Yeah unlikely but the committee may have a change of heart.They are spoilt for choice though anyhow.

• Like 1

Just now, Sean said:

Yeah unlikely but the committee may have a change of heart.They are spoilt for choice though anyhow.

Only 21 days and 42 mins to wait.

Well, I say that, no doubt it'll leak early as usual...

5 hours ago, Sean said:

My advice

Keep:

1)Kirk Douglas

2)Herman Wouk

3)Billy Graham

4)Leah  Bracknell

5)Nobby Stiles

6)George H W Bush

7)Jill Gascoine 

8)Vera Lynn

9)Olivia De Havilland

10)Peter Carrington

11)Prince Philip

12)Javier Perez de Cuellar

13)Betty White 

14)Pierre Cardin

15)Bob Dole

16)Stan Lee

17)Leslie Phillips 

18)Denis Norden

19)Bob Barker

20)Jimmy Carter

21)Valerie Harper

22)Queen Elizabeth

23)Pope Benedict

24)Desmond Tutu

25)Hosni Mubarak

Bring back:

1)Doris Day

2)Murray Walker

3)Nicholas Parsons

4)Clive James

5)Charles Aznavour

6) Stephen Hawking

7)Peter Allis

8)Bill Maynard 

9)Sean Connery

10)Jacques Chirac

11)Aretha Franklin

12)James  Randi

13)Dick van Dyke

New:

1)John McCain

2)Olivia Newton_ John

3)John Hume

4)Tessa Jowell

5)Ric Flair

6)Kamala

7)Morgan Tsvangirai

8)Charlotte Rae

9)Chris Rea

10)Linda Nolan

11)Barbara Bush

12)Mark E Smith

Pretty nice list

Trying to write up my official shadow list.It is a nightmare.So many great choices.

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

Trying to write up my official shadow list.It is a nightmare.So many great choices.

Hey currently on the Crowdsourced, once you eliminate the joke entrants, there's around...350 legit potential contenders... and only 50 spots. And that's with folk ignoring some folk who will go on the Deathlist or could have. Or other big name famous old folk who get lost in the shuffle.

• Haha 1

I am down to around 100 currently.Cutting down from that is very tough though.

Why not pick Thomas Schafernaker or however you spell his name? I am told by a reliable journalistic source (Deathray) that he might walk out in front of a tsunami on live TV sometime in 2018 or something.

He isn't on my shortlist.