Joey Russ

Who Should Be On The 2018 Deathlist?

I had not considered Willie Nelson for a while now but he would be a very good pick.I hope he goes on a few more years yet.The guy is a legend.

• Like 1

Keep:

1. Kirk Douglas

2. Vera Lynn

3. Billy Graham

4. Lord Carrington

5. Prince Philip

6. Denis Norden

7. Stan Lee

8. Olivia de Havilland

9. Herman Wouk

10. Bob Dole

11. Leah Bracknell

12. Jimmy Carter

13. Leslie Phillips

14. Robert Mugabe

15. JP de Cuellar

16. Betty White

17. Nobby Stiles

18. Queen Elizabeth II

19. Bob Barker

20. George H.W. Bush

21. Pope Benedict XVI

22. Hosni Mubarak

23. Desmond Tutu

24. Akihito

25. Valerie Harper

New/Return:

26. Doris Day

27. Clive James

28. Sean Connery

29. John McCain

30. Chuck Yeager

31. Carol Channing

32. Dilip Kumar

33. I.M. Pei

34. Wilford Brimley

35. Beverly Cleary

36. Charles Aznavour

37. Stephen Hawking

38. Jerry Lee Lewis

39. Little Richard

40. Hugh Downs

41. Clint Eastwood

42. Daniel arap Moi

43. Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg

44. Vin Scully

45. Barbara Bush

46. Harvey Weinstein

47. Dick Van Dyke

48. Walter Mondale

49. Joanne Woodward

50. Eileen Derbyshire

• Like 1

Why are so many people so keen on keeping Bob Barker? The only thing that happened were bullshit National Enquirer news, he shouldn't stay on for next year...

I don't think personally that Dick Van Dyke is a good choice. He was in fine fettle at Barbara Sinatras funeral a few months back and seemed in better condition than the average 90 year old. 

The ageing star at that funeral who did strike me as not looking too fine and not in great fettle at that funeral was Robert Wagner. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RolandDeschain said:

Does everyone think Clive James is going to survive into 2019 then?  Not heard much about him for a bit now...

Nah he is a goner.Would he shocked if the committee didn't put him back on the list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deathbysnoosnoo said:

Do they have to keep 25 or is it up to 25 returners?

Up to 25 returners.

They’ve done that in the past with 2015 iirc and another year. Although with the batch of people who are still alive, I honestly find it hard to see them not keep less than 25...

Bernard Lewis

Diana Athill

Diana Serra Carey

Sheila Mercier

Laurence Ferlinghetti

June Spencer

Marge Champion

Mary Midgely

Jerry Maren

Michael Anderson

Lewis Gilbert

Jean of Luxembourg

Carol Channing

Hugh Downs

Bill Macy

Lyndon LaRouche

Baroness Trumpington

Lee Teng_Hui

Chuck Yeagar

Harry Leslie Smith

Jill Knight

Judith Kerr

Gloria Vanderbilt

Zizi Jeamaire

Kenneth Kaunda

Mary Warnock

Tony Britton

Eva Marie Saint

Daniel Arap Moi

Cicely Tyson

Katherine MacGregor

Dorothy Malone

Hal Holbrook

Barbara Bush

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

They’ve done that in the past with 2015 iirc and another year. Although with the batch of people who are still alive, I honestly find it hard to see them not keep less than 25...

I predict they will keep:

1)Herman Wouk

2)Olivia De Havilland

3)Kirk Douglas

4)Vera Lynn

5)Billy Graham 

6)Peter Carrington

7)Javier Perez De Cuellar

8)Prince Philip

9)Betty White

10)Denis Norden

11)Pierre Cardin

12)Stan Lee

13)Bob Dole

14)Bob Barker

15)Robert Mugabe

16)George H W Bush

17)Leslie Philips

18)Pope Benedict

19)Sandy Gall

20)Doug Ellis

21)Leah Bracknell

22)Nobby Stiles

23)Valerie Harper

24)Jimmy Carter

25)Queen Elizabeth II

• Like 1

If I had to guess on who they will keep (and not who I think they should keep):

The on till they drop squad cause of age and number of appearances:

1. Kirk Douglas

2. Vera Lynn

3. Billy Graham 

4. Peter Carrington

5. Prince Phillip

6. Denis Norden 

7. Stan Lee

8. Olivia de Haviland

9. Herman Wouk

10. Bob Dole

11. Leslie Phillips

12. Robert Mugabe

13. Javier Perez de Cuellar

14. George H W Bush

Additionally, three more people are going to stay due to there health woes:

15. Leah Bracknell

16. Nobby Stiles

17. Valerie Harper

Which leads 8 spots open. I think Carter, The Pope, and the Queen will stay on the list till they drop cause of the level of fame they have achieved,  (and the pope seems ill as well). As for the remaining 5, if I had to take a guess, they probably will keep Betty White due to her age and iconic status, Pierre Cardin seems to be a cult pick that will be on till they drop as well as Doug Ellis, and then I think the last two will be Jill Gascoine and David Prowse. The last two are somewhat wishful thinking as both of them definitely have some health issues, but I think both of them are well known enough to the committee eyes that I think they may stay on...

• Like 1

John McCain, surely. Maybe Ruth Bader Ginsburg too. She's looking like a stiff breeze would finish her off tbh.

She has both colon and pancreatic cancer too.

Whilst I generally have a sympathy with the idea the Queen would be too  big a name to miss I do think the committee can afford to drop her for 2018 and resume her continuously never to be dropped again status at  until she passes away at a later date. 

It would be less risky to do that sooner rather than later so now is the best time to take this calculated risk in my opinion. 

I think she's highly likely to live as long as her mother and then some but obviously not guaranteed it. 

I think she's safe though next year and should be dropped for 2018. It will help free up room for fresh names and stop a big log jam of too many untouchables dominating the list. 

• Like 2

If Prince P goes first then it might bring her end about  bit quicker. Loss of soulmate and all that bull. Cannot live without him and his lovely alluring little racist quips etc.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

If Prince P goes first then it might bring her end about  bit quicker. Loss of soulmate and all that bull. Cannot live without him and his lovely alluring little racist quips etc.

I'm sure she will be devasted but I'm sure she is more robust physically and too  stoical to die of a broken heart. She doesn't seem the type and I don't mean that as an insult to her. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I'm sure she will be devasted but I'm sure she is more robust physically and too  stoical to die of a broken heart. She doesn't seem the type and I don't mean that as an insult to her. 

Romance is dead obviously. How about the scenario that with daddy out of the way Charles grabs his chance to ditch mummy and finally get some nice headwear for a few years.

Just now, Bentrovato said:

Romance is dead obviously. How about the scenario that with daddy out of the way Charles grabs his chance to ditch mummy and finally get some nice headwear for a few years.

Romance isn't necessarily anything to do with it. My Nan loved my grandad deeply but lived for many years after his death. 

• Like 1

Her mother was a widow for 50 years. I think her example would be what the Queen would hope to follow. She can stay off the list until she is a widow or until we have new evidence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2017 at 16:54, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Whilst I generally have a sympathy with the idea the Queen would be too  big a name to miss I do think the committee can afford to drop her for 2018 and resume her continuously never to be dropped again status at  until she passes away at a later date. 

It would be less risky to do that sooner rather than later so now is the best time to take this calculated risk in my opinion. 

I think she's highly likely to live as long as her mother and then some but obviously not guaranteed it. 

I think she's safe though next year and should be dropped for 2018. It will help free up room for fresh names and stop a big log jam of too many untouchables dominating the list. 

I think she was put on because of having a cold last Christmas if I remember rightly?

I don't think she's likely to go before 2020 at the absolute earliest and Philip will almost certainly go first, but even he is still in excellent health for his highly advanced age!

So yeah, I'd say she's safe to drop for 2018 and probably 2019 as well but should definitely be put back on from 2020 onwards and then kept on permanently.

• Like 3

You know what will happen as soon as the Queen or Jimmy Carter or the like gets dropped. Few days into the new year: "We are interrupting this programme to bring you some breaking news..."  ie sods law.

• Like 2

How about the only centenarian spouse of a British PM?

Mary Wilson turns 102 in 3 weeks.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, msc said:

You know what will happen as soon as the Queen or Jimmy Carter or the like gets dropped. Few days into the new year: "We are interrupting this programme to bring you some breaking news..."  ie sods law.

Oh I wouldn't drop Jimmy Carter but I think dropping the Queen is definitely worth the 'risk' of sods law! 

• Like 1

Hmm, I don't but then it's whoever the Cmme decide...

To answer the thread, instead of a huge list, I'll give 3 names. Two "big names" I think they should give a run out, and one frail Deathlisty name.

The two big names are Barbara Bush (92 next year, Deathlist loves First Ladies, also, meant to be frail nowadays), and Mikhail Gorbachev (I mean, seriously, he's never been on the bloody list!).

The frail Deathlisty name is Sir Stirling Moss, who, according to motorsport expert OoO, "doubts he will see 90" (September 2019). Also, eagle eyed Deathlisters MPFC and Sean note he spent 5 months in hospital recovering from a chest infection this year. Certainly sounds like he's nearing the final lap.

• Like 2