Sign in to follow this  
ebless

Simon Jones

Could be a worthy pick for 2018. Well known Detroit businessman. 

Who? 

EDIT: Unless you’re talking about  the actor or musician Simon Jones, this guy is not deathlisty at all and honestly doesn’t deserve his own thread...

What is wrong with him?

Was a bit worried when I saw this thread. Simon Jones = Arthur Dent.

Who is this imposter?

9 minutes ago, Sean said:

What is wrong with him?

He's 91 years old and has late stage dementia. 

It must’ve been an accident and he forgotten about who he’s really talking about while making this thread, Peter Falk. Simple really...

Can we have some sources such as news reports or bios?

For a minute I thought this was the ex-England quick bowler who was part of the Ashes winning team of 2005. I know that his injury  plagued career had gotten him down a bit,but hopefully he doesn't fall into the "he might do something daft" category.

Ah good, not Arthur Dent then?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ebless said:

Could be a worthy pick for 2018. Well known Detroit businessman. 

Not well known over here. 

Googled Simon Jones, it brought up 3 other Simon Jones's. Hitchhikers Guide (ie THE Simon Jones), cricketer, and bassist for The Verve.

Then Googled Simon Jones businessman and it brought up 8 other Simon Jones's, all UK businessmen who have nothing to do with Detroit.

So I Googled "Simon Jones, Detroit businessman", and the 2nd link was this thread.

Is this April 1st?

23 minutes ago, msc said:

Googled Simon Jones, it brought up 3 other Simon Jones's. Hitchhikers Guide (ie THE Simon Jones), cricketer, and bassist for The Verve.

Then Googled Simon Jones businessman and it brought up 8 other Simon Jones's, all UK businessmen who have nothing to do with Detroit.

So I Googled "Simon Jones, Detroit businessman", and the 2nd link was this thread.

Is this April 1st?

For me, it's already the first link in the list. And the other links seemed irrelevant.

Then I searched for him in Google images, and the first in the list was the avatar of Joey Russ (the DL forum member).

I'd be shocked if he got an obit anywhere (except maybe a few local newspapers and facebook).

Just to admit that Simon Jones the Detroit Businessman does not exist, thought of a random fictional name and wanted to see how you other users would react.

10 minutes ago, ebless said:

Just to admit that Simon Jones the Detroit Businessman does not exist, thought of a random fictional name and wanted to see how you other users would react.

Fuck off! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ebless said:

Very imaginative.

• Haha 1

Can we not just cull all the fucktards on here?

Obviously, that does not include me. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ebless said:

Maybe admins could react with a ban. Would you mind it?

• Like 1

Aye, well - fucktard cull or not - we could put this thread out of its misery, eh?

This charmer told me to fuck off the other day.   No history, no context, no provocation, and worst of all no humour.

Or we could just use this thread for the real Simon Jones and make the joke on OP? :lol:

• Haha 1

Incidentally there is the odd semi-famous Simon Jones

This fella works for BBC South East, says in his bio he always wanted to be a radio DJ and currently spends most of his working time reporting local news. I'd say the shot below is from some compelling event involving traffic through the Port of Dover. Jones still has the look of a man who's mother does his clothes shopping which is why there was much amusement a while ago when one report involved him heading into a head shop to score some evidence of selling of legal highs. Clearly the shop staff were sampling the produce because in any sane state of mind they'd have greeted him with gales of laughter followed by questions about whether he'd come through the right door.

o_wDVvc_.jpeg

Alan Partridge has inspired so many people it seems.

:):)

I know somebody with man flu who could be a possibility for the list.  At least 10 other people know who he is, but unfortunately I dont think he has any link to Detroit :(