ebless

Ric Flair

A good bet for 2018, greatest wrestler of all time imo. 

• Like 1

Terry Funk?

Why exactly was he hospitalised a while back.

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Why exactly was he hospitalised a while back.

Bowel obstruction which led to multiple organ failure but specifically kidney failure. He was expected to die, but hung in there, operated on, and can make public appearances again, but looks a lot frailer. Doctors say one more drink could kill him.

PS He's an alcoholic, always has been, but when his son died in 2013, he jumped right off the wagon in spectacular fashion. Also bipolar and self-medicates with booze.

Wont die tomorrow, but 70 (February 25th 2019) is going to be a standing ovation achievement imo.

Giving a tribute to the late Burt Reynolds on BBC News just now.

Sounds on his way back from a heavy drinking session or on his way to a stroke.

Gawd love him.....:wub:

6 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Giving a tribute to the late Burt Reynolds on BBC News just now.

Sounds on his way back from a heavy drinking session or on his way to a stroke.

Gawd love him.....:wub:

Ric Flair on the BBC News as a talking head? Seriously?

10 mins ago me can't comprehend that, let alone 5-10 years ago...

• Haha 1

Willz called it:

Ric Flair on how he has still drank alcohol after his recent health scare: “I’m gonna be completely honest with you. I’ve asked the doctor ten different times and of course I’ll ask other doctors because I refuse to believe – at my wedding I had three glasses of champagne. At my daughter’s wedding I had the same or maybe one glass of wine with the champagne and while I was in Florida with Wendy, this past week, we were there for Thanksgiving, I drank about four beers, so it’s not the alcohol that’s gonna hurt me. It’s that the doctors are afraid that if I have one, that will lead to another, but I have had a drink, so alcohol is not gonna kill me. I’ve never had any hard liquor and that won’t happen, but I have had probably ten or twelve beverages with alcohol in them; beer, wine, or champagne.”

A reminder on Flair and boozing...

imo he's on the clock but its a harder one to get quite right because it's not cancer. He'll likely see 70 after all (it's only 84 days away) but pretty sure he'll be gone before the next World Cup easily.

• Like 1

On 22/07/2018 at 23:04, msc said:

I'd be shocked if Ric Flair saw 70 and he's 7 months off proving me wrong, so who knows.

On 13/08/2017 at 09:35, msc said:

He's 68 now, coming rapidly close to my "he wont see 70" line.

So given I have been adamant for years he'd never see the day, somehow yesterday Ric Flair proved me wrong and turned 70.  Well done him.

Still think he's in injury time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Flair back in hospital, operation required but no other details so far.

21 minutes ago, msc said:

Flair back in hospital, operation required but no other details so far.

Could be one surgery to many. I've heard as you get older surgery puts huge stress on the body .

1 minute ago, the_engineer said:

Could be one surgery to many. I've heard as you get older surgery puts huge stress on the body .

Could be sinuses for all I know, but guy got last rites practically in 2017, he gets noted here when in hospital! :D

• Like 1

Might be about to repay my faith in the Reaper....

News now reporting that it was a planned procedure and that TMZ got it wrong. 

Dead: 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Dead: 

Actually, I should’ve looked at that twitter account, and it turns out it’s a fake account. My bad!

• Haha 2

No surgery for Ric, because of complications. Well, no surgery today.

On 22/11/2017 at 17:23, Spade_Cooley said:

Don Leo Jonathan may die in 2018, yes.

Fucking hell, another accurate prediction from me.

Anyway, Meltz says it was blood clots in the legs that hospitalized Flair the other week.

He's also gonna drop a video in about 90 minutes talking about "matters". Could be his health, could be SHOOTING on Shawn Michaels, idk.

Another year, Ric Flair continues to drink, has a pacemaker  (an older reference to both here but both things well known in wrestling circles), appears on weekly TV looking like a man who has cheated death twice in two years* (at least), and walks about Florida sans mask despite his wife catching covid. Not because he's a skeptic but because he seemingly doesn't give a shit if he lives or dies.

*example

23 hours ago, msc said:

Another year, Ric Flair continues to drink, has a pacemaker  (an older reference to both here but both things well known in wrestling circles), appears on weekly TV looking like a man who has cheated death twice in two years* (at least), and walks about Florida sans mask despite his wife catching covid. Not because he's a skeptic but because he seemingly doesn't give a shit if he lives or dies.

*example

I swear it wasnt even that long ago he retired and he looks nursing home ready... 

Wouldnt say hes ready to go just yet, as he managed to deadlift like 160 kilos only 3 years back. If he's gonna be on the list, id probably put him at no. 50 as a wildcard...

• Like 1