Sign in to follow this  
gcreptile

Time Person of the Year

Donald Trump rejects the honor:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42121402

I wonder who's it going to be instead.

I'd say Pope Francis.

Other choices: Angela Merkel, Wladimir Putin (again), Robert Mugabe???, Harvey Weinstein????

It doesn't say that you need to have done good, just that you were the dominant person of the year.

On 11/25/2017 at 12:25, gcreptile said:

Donald Trump rejects the honor:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42121402

I wonder who's it going to be instead.

I'd say Pope Francis.

Other choices: Angela Merkel, Wladimir Putin (again), Robert Mugabe???, Harvey Weinstein????

It doesn't say that you need to have done good, just that you were the dominant person of the year.

The report that Trump rejected the honor is more Fake News. Carol Ann is correct. The Controlled Media stikes again and again. They take his statements and twist them around. They have clever ways of taking a short tweet and creating a story out of it. 

2017 Person Of The Year

The King Of Kings Takes his Throne in the Music World

8 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

Donald Trump didn't reject shit.

Yes, sorry, that turned out to be another fantasy story. Apparently he has an obsession with Time magazine and has a couple of fake Donald Trump Time front covers hanging at Mar-a-Lago.

Make Kim Jong-Un the next Time's Man of the Year - then he can compare himself to another despot.  

He certainly wasn't in the running for time's Man/Person of the Year!

• Like 2

Times Person of the year is clearly Taika Waititi, and I will fight anyone that disagrees with me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Elon Musk was my original guess, but they'll probably do one of their "non-named" People of the Year and give it to "the women of the #metoo movement" or something of that ilk.

Peter Falk I would think, Mrs Doubtfire and Scooby Doo both surely have their places in history. Also, I think he was on a football team back in 1966 that won a world cup, I might be wrong though...

• Like 1

Harvey Weinstein.

1. For being the catalyst for the Me too movement.

2. He was able to rape, sexually assault, grop, ruin careers and lives of hundreds of women for decades and come out without a prison sentence - it takes an exceptional piece of crap to get away with that. (Not all person`s of the year are outstanding and good people.) 

Changed my mind about old Harv, Please see my next posting.

Edited by theoldlady

Johnny Bobbitt, homeless person,  age 34, who bought gasoline with his 20 dollars for a young woman who ran out of gas in a very dangerous section of Philadelphia USA. He told her to stay in her car and lock her doors, he went and got her gas and sent her on her way - she had no money to pay him! She went back later, found him, paid him back and started a go-fund me page to get him on his feet again. He is a true gentleman and person of the year in my book anyway. The young woman, Kate McClure, age 27, is herself also an outstanding person. She could have just paid him back and forget about it, but instead she decided to help him. They are the people of the year!

• Like 1

Kaepernick might be a worthwhile punt, and I like the 25/1 about Trudeau. But as I said upthread, it's hard to see an outcome that isn't "The Women of #MeToo" or something.

On 11/28/2017 at 16:47, Spade_Cooley said:

Elon Musk was my original guess, but they'll probably do one of their "non-named" People of the Year and give it to "the women of the #metoo movement" or something of that ilk.

The result is in. The 'silence breakers', aka the #metoo movement.