Sign in to follow this  
Joey Russ

The 18th Death of 2017

Who will be the 18th hit of 2017?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The old man of list Herman Wouk - WOW! like the smallest number to choose from we've ever had. I reckon an even 20 hits this year. Means the committee only needs to swap out five picks for 2018.

7 minutes ago, Body Snatcher 44 said:

The old man of list Herman Wouk - WOW! like the smallest number to choose from we've ever had. I reckon an even 20 hits this year. Means the committee only needs to swap out five picks for 2018.

Considering 2013 had 4 hits in December (Mandela, O'Toole, Ronnie Biggs and Kalashnikov), there is a possibility of this year ending with 20 hits.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Queen Elizabeth, accidently shot by Phil on Boxing Day at Sandringham, after he mistakes her for a pheasant.

Think you’re confusing him with Dick Cheney. I plumped for Denis Norden again, won’t be alright on the night 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Considering 2013 had 4 hits in December (Mandela, O'Toole, Ronnie Biggs and Kalashnikov), there is a possibility of this year ending with 20 hits.

Yes the Christmas rush might be upon us

Leah

Denis Norden

If Bracknell survives this month she’ll have to number 1 next year surely?? 

But it I don’t think she will so Leah it is.

After an ex King lets have an ex Queen.

LIZZY.

• Haha 1

I'll stick with Bob Dole. He can't last forever.

16 hours ago, Drewsky1211 said:

33 minutes ago, Vaagheid said:

That's it for 2017

More to come......

We are in for a cold snap so that'll do for Mr Phillips I reckon

• Sad 1

I perhaps foolishly went for "None" without really doing the research, just thinking that the year was nearly up and that I wasn't really comparing "none" to "not none" so much as I was comparing "none" to "a specific one out of 33".  Between general winter mortality and the old age and frailty of many remaining figures, I expect I'll be wrong.

On 12/5/2017 at 20:46, Sean said:

Same.I can't see us ever beating this year's list.

I can definitely see it happening.  The population of frail, elderly celebs gets bigger every year, while the rise in life expectancy is levelling off, so it's easily possible for another year to have even more plum picks than this one.

On 12/6/2017 at 14:57, philheybrookbay said:

If Bracknell survives this month she’ll have to number 1 next year surely?? 

But it I don’t think she will so Leah it is.

Assuming she survives the month, I expect she'll have stiff competition for number 1 with McCain

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RishCast said:

Assuming she survives the month, I expect she'll have stiff competition for number 1 with McCain

I think Kirk Douglas has a decent shout of retaining top spot if he makes it to 2018.

46 minutes ago, ebless said:

I think Kirk Douglas has a decent shout of retaining top spot if he makes it to 2018.

I think that place could be reserved for Prince Phillip... the  number 50 for the Queen :)

2 hours ago, ebless said:

I don't think so.

Look at Zsa Zsa: She was the No.1 in 2015 but survied.

As a "punishment" for her survival she dropped to No.2 the next year - and died!

So if you are the DL No.1 - you have to die! Otherwise you will not be elected the following year!

I know there are examples to prove the opposite: 2004/05 with Pope John Paul II, but this was the last time.

I think that Prince Philip could be the No. 1. He never was before.

9 minutes ago, Book said:

I don't think so.

Look at Zsa Zsa: She was the No.1 in 2015 but survied.

As a "punishment" for her survival she dropped to No.2 the next year - and died!

So if you are the DL No.1 - you have to die! Otherwise you will not be elected the following year!

I know there are examples to prove the opposite: 2004/05 with Pope John Paul II, but this was the last time.

I think that Prince Philip could be the No. 1. He never was before.

Since royalty is in the equation ....

• Like 1

None of the above. Random.org says Sandy Gall (at third try, after Downie and Domino).

How many people on the list live around L.A. or other fire-affected parts of California? Given the effect of the fires on air quality, the possibility of having to evacuate etc, this can't be good for their health.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, paddyfool said:

How many people on the list live around L.A. or other fire-affected parts of California? Given the effect of the fires on air quality, the possibility of having to evacuate etc, this can't be good for their health.

I believe Kirk Douglas lives in the LA area in a retirement home for former/ retired/ elderly actors. I think one of those places is in Calabasas in the Valley. Betty White is still working, so Perhaps she lives near Los Angeles? Not sure about Valerie Harper.

On 07/12/2017 at 09:58, CastAway said:

Charlotte Rae Kirk Douglas Billy Graham Nobby Stiles Clive James and John Hume might well get the top spot though.My personal preference would be Stefan Karl for number 1 but the committee don't think he is famous enough.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Charlotte Rae Kirk Douglas Billy Graham Nobby Stiles Clive James and John Hume might well get the top spot though.My personal preference would be Stefan Karl for number 1 but the committee don't think he is famous enough.

Bush Sr, Prince Philip, Kirk or Rev Billy - if 1st place isn't one of them, I will be shocked.