Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2018

Weird DDP fact: until this year's edition of the DDP, neither of the Smothers Brothers had ever been picked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Weird DDP fact: until this year's edition of the DDP, neither of the Smothers Brothers had ever been picked.

I guess this year someone thinks they'll be the Smothered Brothers.

Hey hey. Haven't posted in a while and trying to put together three teams on a phone using patchy hotel wifi. Is it still 20 team members and up to 3 teams?

2 hours ago, Heef said:

Hey hey. Haven't posted in a while and trying to put together three teams on a phone using patchy hotel wifi. Is it still 20 team members and up to 3 teams?

Yes to both. Welcome back.

On 16/12/2017 at 13:09, Deathray said:

Bring back the name and shame, it seemed to work.

My entries will be in soon. 

Would never name and shame, although rolling my eyes at the person who picked Roger Moore is the most exercise I've gotten this Xmas.

^ Must be in denial, like the team that picked Jimmy Stewart circa 2004.

Exu's Exhumations has been submitted by e-mail.

• Like 1

I submitted 3 teams by email yesterday. Again I wish everybody the best of luck when this competition opens. Let's get to dying!..... errrr.

Team count after Boxing Day? 

Can DDP teams be sent via PM on this site like in previous years or is email the only acceptable way from now on? I'm more or less ready with my team, decided to be more pragmatic this year, except for maybe 6-7 crazy gambles.

• Like 1

Spade, any chance that, just like the Deathlist DDP team has the first 20 names ripped off from their list, you could rip the top 20 from the Crowdsource list done by the members as a DDP team? It would be interesting to see how well it does in the DDP (though it won’t win)...

Done my team and i've emailed it over too you . 

Still haven't sent in my teams.I am really going for it this year in the hope of getting in the top 10.I am busy on the 31st so will enter on the 30th.As I am taking it more seriously I don't want to enter too early in case a A list celeb not only my radarannounces they have stage 4 pancreatic cancer and are planning to end their life in their digital hospital bed after ringing in the new year with a glass of champagne.

My Joker is already decided for all 3 teams though.They are all pretty obvious.

I completely forgot the name of the team I submitted earlier this month, so my second team, The Blight House has been emailed 

I will use a different email address to send my teams. I hope it's okay.

I just sent in my DDP entry and all my teams for the calendar year are in.  I'm trying a new one this year (Hartlepool Deadlypool) and I look forward to the Inverse, Deathlist Cup and our own local Death League draft in late February.

Good luck all.

• Like 2

First DDP sent in. Not really expecting much.

• Like 1

Submitted two teams; my main team entry has been acknowledged, so no repeat of this year's fiasco.

I've stuck with my methodology of selecting famous old people on the basis that they will all die at some time and who knows, it might be in 2018.

My theme team is more famous Rons (actually, 90% is the survivors of this year).

PS: note to @YoungWillz, Ronald Hynd didn't make the cut, which surely means he'll be a point-scorer before the year's out, but thanks for the thought!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, time said:

Submitted two teams; my main team entry has been acknowledged, so no repeat of this year's fiasco.

I've stuck with my methodology of selecting famous old people on the basis that they will all die at some time and who knows, it might be in 2018.

My theme team is more famous Rons (actually, 90% is the survivors of this year).

PS: note to @YoungWillz, Ronald Hynd didn't make the cut, which surely means he'll be a point-scorer before the year's out, but thanks for the thought!

Annette Page got a Telegraph Obit as well, perhaps you are right not to include him though.

Entered for first time - sure it will be a learning process - who gets a QO, who doesn't etc (that's on the assumption some of them die!).

• Like 1

I know I recently mentioned this, but now it's irritation is growing so I mention it again.

For 2018 can we Pah-LEEEZE put a strikethrough on EVERY dead person's name, and designate in some other way that they have not received a QO (perhaps putting 'NQO' next to their name?). 

Leaving the name alone along with all living people still on a person's team is completely distracting to me as a viewer, and infers information that is totally inaccurate--that the person is in fact alive.
No they aren't.  They are dead, deceased, pushing up daisies, left this mortal coil, they are a non-person. 

So instead of:
Errol Christie
Rayya Elias
Sasha Lakovic
Nabeel Qureshi
              it would say
Errol Christe
Rayya Elias
Sasha Lakovic   NQO
Nabeel Qureshi  NQO

I'm begging you, oh Keeper of the DDP, to take this small request in consideration.  I've fallen to my knees begging....well...I'm actually in a position quite resembling my avatar.
SirC

• Like 1