Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2018

10 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

If unnatural bonus comes through with Vervoort though, Dead Cow could be at 70...

If your auntie had balls she would be your uncle ! ! ! !

It is who leads at the END of the year that counts.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, drol said:

No, but she is not the dead cert many think she is. She had part of the skull and a kidney removed, but they said she had 50/50 possibilities fifteen days ago. Then she remained critical but apparently stable and after her family's funeral her relatives switched life support off, presumably to end her sufferings. A day later they are at her bedside literally "waiting for a speedy recovery", like it was a cold. Don't know what to think, two days ago I was certain, now I'm just confused.

Jessica just wants to spend a few days basking in the entirety of the family inheritance she has accumulated.

18 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Oh, I believe that she will die, as the reports are still saying critical. I think it took a couple of days with Bianchi before he died, so I wouldn’t eliminate her yet...

Three weeks in fact.  

17 hours ago, drol said:

A day later they are at her bedside literally "waiting for a speedy recovery", like it was a cold. 

I just scoured the Net and found nothing supporting this.  I don’t Twitter, but where has anyone ‘in the know’ said anything about a speedy recovery?

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

I just scoured the Net and found nothing supporting this.  I don’t Twitter, but where has anyone ‘in the know’ said anything about a speedy recovery?

Nobody 'in the know', but the quote comes from The Sun.

"Meanwhile her heartbroken relatives have been keeping a vigil beside her hospital bed hoping for a speedy recovery."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5332555/home-and-away-actress-jessica-falkholt-still-clinging-to-life-a-day-after-life-support-machine-turned-off/

Anyone pick Dolores O’Riordan? There was news of her being too sick to tour months ago...

Not picked this year, shame as she would have been a nice lead name for my first ever update.

By the looks of it, I’m guessing John Young will probably lead as of right now. Maybe Ray Thomas (I know he has been picked on at least one theme team), but I get the feeling that, if your waiting for an update in a few days, that a bigger name that is picked will headline...

6 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

By the looks of it, I’m guessing John Young will probably lead as of right now. Maybe Ray Thomas (I know he has been picked on at least one theme team), but I get the feeling that, if your waiting for an update in a few days, that a bigger name that is picked will headline...

Please make it a family outing of Lizzie, Phil, Chuck, Andy, Anne, and Gaylord.

On 1/15/2018 at 05:58, Toast said:

Nobody 'in the know', but the quote comes from The Sun.

"Meanwhile her heartbroken relatives have been keeping a vigil beside her hospital bed hoping for a speedy recovery."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5332555/home-and-away-actress-jessica-falkholt-still-clinging-to-life-a-day-after-life-support-machine-turned-off/

This is what happens when you chance ‘hoping’ to ‘waiting’.  

SC

On 16/01/2018 at 00:37, drunkasaskunk said:

Prince Andrew still manages to get away with "what we all know about him" - it's seems power not only corrupts but cushions as well. Wouldn't miss him if he was in a car crash. 

On 13/01/2018 at 21:28, Toast said:

Good to have you here, Sean.

We already have a regular poster named Sean, so perhaps we should call you Dead Ends.  Unless you prefer Bastard?  :)

"Bastard" is what I call him when I see his team has beaten mine yet again.

Could you check if Drop Dead Celebration picked France Gall please? If so, she is getting denounced as my sister and will receive a very *very* hard slap next time she's in the UK as she knows how much I adored France :( :bombguy:

I can confirm someone has picked France Gall this time out. The name of the team will have to wait for the grand unveiling. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I can confirm someone has picked France Gall this time out. The name of the team will have to wait for the grand unveiling. 

It's her, isn't it? I am *so* going to kill my sister for that... :2guns:

I wish I hadn't mentioned that France Gall was ill now *sobs*

On 16/01/2018 at 00:37, drunkasaskunk said:

Gaylord??! Prince Edward is in the closet? 

12 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

12 hours ago, Death Impends said:

P@F only girls?

(they posted in this thread... :D)

so, unique pick or not unique pick ?? that suspense is killing me :P

Former RSC director John Barton is the first hit for my unusual suspects team. Wonder if he was unique.

Just a heads up, we should be seeing the first update this weekend. Teams, drop 40 and the first 12 deaths of the year.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 7

When I picked folklorist, author, ghost buster and narrator of Welsh kids shows, the Rev J Aelwyn Roberts, for the 2018 DDP, I thought this might bring more attention to him over the course of the year and see him picked more often in the DDP. Part of my "promote obscure but interesting" people agenda.

Alas, he's completely blown his end of the deal by dying aged 99.  List of the Lost obviously, died on the 11th and only one obit from BBC Wales.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1