Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2018

Art Bell has died. Now all I need is a QO, and I get my first hit of the year.

Outside of the sport he was a bigot, a homophobe, a degenerate gambler, a conman with a string of failed businesses, a terrible commentator and a pisshead. But my god he was a fanastic fucking player.

:D Brilliant.

52 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

YAY! My first hit of the year. Elevated to the heady heights of joint 205th. 

Thanks to Spade Cooley for doing another update for today.

• Like 1

Sad to see that R. Lee Ermey has died.  Full Metal Jacket is one of my favourite movies and it was Ermey that made that movie stand out from the other Vietnam movies.

Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy, and you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down.

I bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around.

• Haha 1

After seeing the story where someone with some fame got the cancer mum treatment, I realize more than ever how fucking pathetic these tabloids are with FFBI. Ban them. 

33 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

After seeing the story where someone with some fame got the cancer mum treatment, I realize more than ever how fucking pathetic these tabloids are with FFBI. Ban them. 

The tabloids? The picks? Deadpooling? People with actual modicums of fame? You need to be more specific, Joey.

Anyhow, the whole "Joey Feek/Rayya Elias are only FFBI" tiresome argument makes me wary of bans, even as someone who runs a deadpool with a ban in place. But my opinion on these matters are usually ignored, so never mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

The tabloids? The picks? Deadpooling? People with actual modicums of fame? You need to be more specific, Joey.

Anyhow, the whole "Joey Feek/Rayya Elias are only FFBI" tiresome argument makes me wary of bans, even as someone who runs a deadpool with a ban in place. But my opinion on these matters are usually ignored, so never mind.

It was Kate Bowler who got the cancer mumesque article...

Dale Winton a unique pick for me in my Apricot Crumble team. 

Really sad news. I choose him because I sensed a tragic vibe about him and could not imagine him living to a grand old age. 

Anyway best to say no more at the moment with it being so soon. 

• Like 2

On 1/1/2018 at 07:47, machotrouts said:

#1 Hits

A theme team of people who've had a record peak at #1 in the UK Singles Chart (either solo or as part of a group).

Spoiler

1. (new) Chas Smash (Madness)
2. (new) Nobby Stiles (England World Cup Squad '70)
3. (new) DJ Casper
4. (new) Olivia Newton-John
5. (4) Vera Lynn
6. (new) Chris Rea (Band Aid II)
7. (new) Harry Belafonte
8. (new) Aretha Franklin
9. (1) Ray Thomas (Moody Blues)
10. (19) Doris Day
11. (2) Terry Jacks
12. (new) Abi Ofarim
13. (new) Tony Baylis (Wurzels)
14. (new) Dave Edmunds
15. (re) Jane Morgan
16. (re) Charles Aznavour
17. (11) Sinéad O'Connor
18. (7) Billy Connolly
19. (new) Peter Kay
20. (new) Lil Wayne

Survivors dropped from the team are: Len "Chip" Hawkes (5), Rolf Harris (6), Peter MacBeth (8), Bill Wyman (9), Eric Faulkner (10), Vic Damone (12), Kenny Rogers (13), Diana Ross (14), Justin Bieber (15), Barry Gibb (16), Ken Dodd (17), and Avicii (20).

I'd have had 4 hits instead of 1 by now if I'd just stuck with last year's team. 2018 is proving to be a bad year for 2017.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, machotrouts said:

I'd have had 4 hits instead of 1 by now if I'd just stuck with last year's team. 2018 is proving to be a bad year for 2017.

Kenny Rogers wasn't such a bad pick either...

• Like 1

That's going to be quite the update. Could even mention Avicii as a LotM-er.

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

That's going to be quite the update. Could even mention Avicii as a LotM-er.

Fuck, that's where he's from, been pondering a while, it's Boromir's brother from LotR.

Hey Spade

Can we not have this as a Ian Toothill hit?

This page on the main news site clearly states and acknowledges that Ian Toothill has died

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cg5rv33092rt/mount-everest

Ok, if you click on the link on that page it then takes you too a regional page.  The point is,  you don't even have to go to the regional page to see the BBC have acknowledged his death.

• Like 1

It's the same obit we all saw a few months ago. If it did not count a few months ago it does not count now.

• Like 1

The full write up is on a regional page I agree.  But the original mention of his passing is on the news site.  the 'read more' link takes you to the regional

Auto-generated pages don't count, that's just because the regional write-up was tagged "Mount Everest". There is some precedent with auto-generated pages not being a valid QO, but I forget the exact details.  TMIB?

• Like 2

Trying to be as unbiased as possible, I don’t think that should count. Yes, I know that you can find it on a BBC page even if it links to the local obit, but, to me at least, it like going through the BBC search page and saying “I found so and so in the search page, would that count?” despite the obit being local. I don’t mind falling behind because I miscalculated something like when Jessica Falkholt died from her injuries rather than surviving or underestimating Julia Perez’s obit chances. But I do mind when someone finds a loophole that just makes them able to qualify...

Well, Spade already posted his verdict, but I’m posting my opinion anyways. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Auto-generated pages don't count, that's just because the regional write-up was tagged "Mount Everest". There is some precedent with auto-generated pages not being a valid QO, but I forget the exact details.  TMIB?

The BBC Music pages?

50 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Well, Spade already posted his verdict, but I’m posting my opinion anyways. 

Whilst I also accept and abide by the adjudicator's ruling, I too have my opinion, and it it thus.

I find it a bit odd that the DERBY dead pool accepts BBC pages from China and Australia but not from Derby

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, drunkasaskunk said:

Whilst I also accept and abide by the adjudicator's ruling, I too have my opinion, and it it thus.

I find it a bit odd that the DERBY dead pool accepts BBC pages from China and Australia but not from Derby

Oh, I agree that the local BBC obits should be back next year, but in the meantime, an auto generated page shouldn’t count...

Just read the Joe Arpaio bio, I’m not sure if that’s referring to me or someone else with the Jealous Joey comment...

Think it's more like a generic name phrase, ie Debbie Downer.