Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2018

9 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I predict that there won't be more than 10 deaths this year : bracknell, mccain, Douglas and bush may not reach the year but for the other one, i don't think there will be any other good hit...

I predict that your membership here won't see 2019.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

Bob Dorough the most interesting person to die this year so far, I'd say, based on obit research for frontpage updates. Never knew Sugar Ray Robinson quit boxing for three years to tap dance.

Edith MacArthur received a Times obit, meaning the DDP 2018 is officially at 100 hits.

Great update. However, you have misspelled Jacqui Forster’s last name as Foster, but a minor error doesn’t take away from a great update...

1 hour ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Edith MacArthur received a Times obit, meaning the DDP 2018 is officially at 100 hits.

Think she got a mention last time out? Though the archive appears to be bollocked so can't check right now.

2 hours ago, drol said:

I predict that your membership here won't see 2019.

You know, this is not because we don't agree that it allows u to be mean and disrespectful. Your respect and kindness have obvisouly died à long Time ago..

3 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

You know, this is not because we don't agree that it allows u to be mean and disrespectful. Your respect and kindness have obvisouly died à long Time ago..

It’s not the comment that he’s mad at you for. It’s posting the comment in a thread that doesn’t relate to this particular thread that he’s made that comment to you. In the future, I would do some research about the thread before you post your comment in it...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Round Up #10 (Sajid Javed's Compliant Environment Special)

Edith MacArthur: Times Obit: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/edith-macarthur-kbpf8g2s6

Ermanno Olmi: Guardian Obit: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/may/07/ermanno-olmi-palme-dor-winner-for-tree-of-wooden-clogs-dies-aged-86

Lara Saint Paul: Awaiting Obit.

Anne V Coates: Express Obit: https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/957379/Anne-V-Coates-dead-how-did-Anne-V-Coates-die-cause-of-death-news-latest-pictures

Delphine Gibson: Mail Obit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-5715805/Oldest-person-US-dies-Pennsylvania-woman-114.html

Dennis Nilsen: BBC Obit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44097196

Tessa Jowell: BBC Obit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44098760

Larissa Podermanski: Awaiting Obit.

Beth Chatto: Guardian Obit: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/may/14/beth-chatto-obituary

Margot Kidder: Telegraph Obit: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2018/05/14/superman-actress-margot-kidder-dead-69/

Tom Wolfe: Guardian Obit: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/may/15/tom-wolfe-journalist-and-author-dies-aged-87

Peter Byrne: Guardian Obit: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/may/16/peter-byrne-obituary

Doug Ford: Mail Obit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-5733433/Doug-Ford-former-Masters-PGA-champion-dies-95.html

Ray Wilson: BBC Obit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44140722

Derek Yancik: Awaiting Obit.

Bessie Camm: Awaiting Obit.

After doing research for the updated who will win poll, it did make me discover that Dave’s Dead, Aye Dead Drunk is missing the drop 40 bonus for Rayya Elias...

On 01/05/2018 at 15:21, Spade_Cooley said:

Hypothetically.... if I got the site redesigned top-to-tail, made it database-run and with a CMS-based front-end (I think those are the right words), how many people hereabouts would be interested in throwing a tenner into the pot so some guy hired off Updesk from Pakistan or the Ukraine could get the job done?

Well... I've done it. Hopefully we should have a new DDP website and process for 2019. I even hired an American to do it.

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:
On 01/05/2018 at 15:21, Spade_Cooley said:

Hypothetically.... if I got the site redesigned top-to-tail, made it database-run and with a CMS-based front-end (I think those are the right words), how many people hereabouts would be interested in throwing a tenner into the pot so some guy hired off Updesk from Pakistan or the Ukraine could get the job done?

Well... I've done it. Hopefully we should have a new DDP website and process for 2019. I even hired an American to do it.

Thanks, Spade!  I don't understand what any of that meant, but thanks anyway.   Where do we pay?

16 hours ago, Toast said:

Thanks, Spade!  I don't understand what any of that meant, but thanks anyway.   Where do we pay?

I'll throw a begging bowl out when it's all done.

On 10/05/2018 at 10:18, Spade_Cooley said:

I'll throw a begging bowl out when it's all done.

Or turn up at a DLCon (assuming there ever is another one) and drown in hospitality

• Like 1

Only just spotted that my Apricot Crumble team made player of the month in April thanks to two unique picks Rather chuffed at that. :)

• Like 1

Heavens to Murgatroyd, I'm in the top 40!

Image result for snagglepuss

Just layin in the weeds hiding around 30th overall.  Pay no attention.  Just quietly biding our time with four unnoticed hits.

BTW just noticed all 4 hits have 'double letters' in their name.  JeSSica Falkholt, TeSSa JoweLL, Liam MiLLer, RaYYa Elias.
This truism is good news for BrackneLL, RoNNie/DoNNie, HAAg, LariSSa, KulsOOm, NoBBy and VervOOrt.
SC

Sir CrEEp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Just layin in the weeds hiding around 30th overall.  Pay no attention.  Just quietly biding our time with four unnoticed hits.

BTW just noticed all 4 hits have 'double letters' in their name.  JeSSica Falkholt, TeSSa JoweLL, Liam MiLLer, RaYYa Elias.
This truism is good news for BrackneLL, RoNNie/DoNNie, HAAg, LariSSa, KulsOOm, NoBBy and VervOOrt.
SC

Well that may not have taken long (15 minutes lol)
Larissa Podermanski DEAD May 10 while in Barbados for her cousin's wedding.

As Sir Creep famously says: "The only people who can't get a QO are the living".  So we shall give it a few days and see if she avoids joining the Lost.  I have great doubts.
SC

Jowell has just propelled me to =20th and the fundraising for my joker's (Dean Francis) funeral may indicate I could hang on to a passable position (obviously counting metaphorical chickens in this competition is summat of a mug's game!).Either way, exiting times.

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

Well spotted Sir Creep - however less well spotted (I believe you are Cancel All Appointments?) is that TeSSa JoweLL is not in your team :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

Well spotted Sir Creep - however less well spotted (I believe you are Cancel All Appointments?) is that TeSSa JoweLL is not in your team :D

I think she was his first sub. Oops. :D 

Hm, it's starting to head over to the halfway point. A lot has happened besides the three hits I had since I last did this activity (a lot of new updates on people since the end of of February), so here's an updated guess on the 12 survivors:

Leah Bracknell - Well, she has been very quiet since March. I thought she'd be dead by now tbh especially with the negative interviews beforehand, but my gut feeling now is that she'll be quiet for the next few months before she dies, around July or August I would guess. 90%

Matt Cappotelli - When, I first chose him, I thought he was a 50/50 punt, but now he's trying a new way to try to beat brain cancer. However, he's also in the end stages of brain cancer, and has even lost all of his mobility. Not one for long imo. 95%

John Cocks - Apparently he's trying that water bleach that Colin Meads drank. And his most recent interview sounded way too optimistic. I mean, 10 years with very little treatment on stage 4 kidney cancer? Nah, can't see that happening. That UK obit is still going to be an issue though. The only coverage he had was a Mail article back in March 2017. I'd say 90% dead, 60% obit.

Dean Francis - Like Cappotelli, I picked him defensively, but thought he was a more likely hit since he tried crowdsourcing for a few months before returning to chemo. The recent crowd funding page, however, is making it seem like he's going quite soon. 95%

Stuart Fraser - He's my biggest question mark at the moment. Ever since that crowdfunded concert from last June, we have had no health related on him since then, and almost no update whatsoever until last month, where Noiseworks lead singer Jon Stevens posted on the Noiseworks page that he had lunch with Fraser a few weeks back, but... that's all he could announce besides announcing that their keyboardist will be joining them on a new project. So, I think Fraser might be terminal, but I don't know for sure. I think he's more likely than not to obit though, although it's not guaranteed. As for percentages, er, maybe 65% dead, 80% obit, but I'm still unsure about that.

Greg Gilbert - I think he is going to be the next Daisy Berkowitz. Although he's trying some experimental treatments, he's still under control, and probably will be for a while. He even has the same cancer as Berkowitz. Treatment failure isn't out of the question, but I think he has a decent chance of surviving the year. 40%

Clive James - For someone who used to be very active despite terminal cancer, that silence since January (I think?) is completely ominous. I have a feeling that he's not going to see the new year, although, if he does make it there, it wouldn't surprise me either. 80%

John McCain - Well, he has made some improvement, but at the same time, he still seems to have a lot of health problems. I have been waiting for his death announcement since the middle of April tbh, and I think he's going sooner rather than later. I would be completely shocked if he made 2019, as you probably can tell by me giving him a 100% dead.

Linda Nolan - Probably the only pick on here that my opinion hasn't changed on her death at all since the beginning of the year, and I still think she's a wasted pick. I mean, there's a chance of her cancer spreading to vital organs before 2019, but I'm not expecting that to happen. 20%

Fernando Ricksen - Yeah, there was an announcement of him being near death, but it got denied. I think he'll probably survive the year, but a very strong pick for 2019. I think he'll follow the Borgonovo/Joost timeline. 40%

Stefan Karl Stefansson - Well, he's been completely silent since the end of March, but that isn't really surprising since he wanted to spend time with his family and finish some projects. He probably only has a couple of months before he dies of cancer, but until here, we won't here anything from him. 95%

Marieke Vervoort - Well, she has been stalling her euthanasia for a while, but it doesn't look like there's anything else she wants to do, at least for now. There's one site that claims that she's a fraud, but further research on it has me declare that site as untrustworthy. That said, I think she's less likely to do euthanasia than I thought at the beginning of the year. But a natural death isn't implausible. That health update in April is making me wonder if 2019 is a bit too much for asking, although, the illness may be a slower illness, I can't be sure if she dies this year. But I think it's more likely than not. 85%

This is more of a quality of life request than anything, but I have noticed that with my eight hits so far, I already have reached five separate rows. I’ve been wondering why the scoreboard looks so crammed without expanding further to make it less crammed. And then I found the culprit: http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2018/teams.html#DDPTeamthelon 

Is there a way to remove all the formerly’s from his team on the scoreboard without changing his team name on the team list page? That would be hugely appreciated. :) 

50 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

This is more of a quality of life request than anything, but I have noticed that with my eight hits so far, I already have reached five separate rows. I’ve been wondering why the scoreboard looks so crammed without expanding further to make it less crammed. And then I found the culprit: http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2018/teams.html#DDPTeamthelon 

Is there a way to remove all the formerly’s from his team on the scoreboard without changing his team name on the team list page? That would be hugely appreciated. :) 

Please tell me you're not losing sleep over this.   You need to volunteer at a fish sanctuary, or research owls, or write an erotic novel, Joey.   Something - anything - to save you, the consumer, from being consumed by the beast which is the DDP.

I hope I'm making sense.  I might have been very thirsty today but I'm not wrong (about you falling into a deadpooling vortex), which is, I think, the point I was originally trying to make when I started this post, some time ago now.:huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3