Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2018

Can moderately interesting celebs stop dying until I get the fucking update out? Geez....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Can moderately interesting celebs stop dying until I get the fucking update out? Geez....

If for some obtuse reason one or more happen to be mine, then no.

Ethnic Cleansing goes to joint second along with Bucket of Blood with Ray Wilson (both only one point behind me currently). I think it’ll turn to a much tighter competition come the midpoint...

EDIT: If Vanessa Lafaye gets a late obit, they would be in the lead...

If anyone cares, if my calculated scoreboard assumes that Marieke Vervoort will survive the year with 100% probability, then Ethnic Cleansing moves into the lead. Pan Breed at 2nd.

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

If anyone cares, if my calculated scoreboard assumes that Marieke Vervoort will survive the year with 100% probability, then Ethnic Cleansing moves into the lead. Pan Breed at 2nd.

Wonder where it’ll put Pity Da Foolz if Bain, Butts, and Stefansson dies (all on the clock imo) and Vervoort survives...

Gonnae take it to the Probabilistic Thread, just gonnae....:P

• Like 1

Or even the Who Will Win The DDP thread? I lose track of which is which and whatever....

• Like 1

Updated. List of the Lost/Missed can wait until tomorrow, I've got Jersey Shore to catch up on.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Round  Up #11 (My Bestest Friend In The World Leaves To Live In China This Week Special)

Patricia Morison: Sun Obit: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6336200/patricia-morison-dead-103-kiss-me-kate-hollywood/

Robert Indiana: Mail Obit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-5755727/Robert-Indiana-known-LOVE-series-died-89.html

Clint Walker: Mail Obit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5759023/Clint-Walker-50s-Western-hit-Cheyenne-passes-away-heart-failure-age-90.html

Dave Garcia: Awaiting Obit.

Bessie Camm: Sun Obit: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6363369/britains-oldest-person-dies-113/

John Bain: BBC Obit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44250597

Dean Francis: BBC Obit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/44250522

David Shutts: Awaiting Obit.

Alan Bean: Mail Obit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-5775187/Astronaut-moonwalker-Alan-Bean-dies-86.html

Jens Christian Skou: Awaiting Obit.

Chuck Stevens: Awaiting Obit.

Satoru Anzaki: Awaiting Obit.

Malcolm Morley: Awaiting Obit.

On 13/05/2018 at 14:45, DevonDeathTrip said:

You need to volunteer at a fish sanctuary, or research owls, or write an erotic novel, Joey.   Something - anything - to save you, the consumer, from being consumed by the beast which is the DDP.

I don't know about him, but I actually did two out of the three just before I saw this....

• Haha 1

@Spade_Cooley When I go to D on the list of celebs, I can only scroll down as far as Vic Damone. Been happening for a few days. 'Sup?

I bet I know what this is. Lemme sort it out tonight, I think it's just a problem with a crash during data uploading.

• Like 1

Don't call it a comeback till the QO comes in, but David Shutts has died. Awaiting unique QO for Death Impends.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, msc said:

Don't call it a comeback till the QO comes in, but David Shutts has died. Awaiting unique QO for Death Impends.

I hope he gets an obit, two other of his gambles didn't work, so surely this one has to work, right?

He was namechecked by the FT earlier this month too. If the combo of that, his cancer charity, and his navy resume don't eke out an obit somewhere, then I don't think I'll be making many broadsheet gambles in future DDPs!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I bet I know what this is. Lemme sort it out tonight, I think it's just a problem with a crash during data uploading.

Caught it.  And yeah, I see Shutts as very much a guaranteed QO in the Brokenshire spirit. Although I would have had Toothill and Heimel as locks as well...

Interestingly, only three of my non drop 40 picks are still alive, Matt Cappotelli (who’s probably a goner any day now) and the last two major gambles on my team, which are John Cocks and Stuart Fraser...

The competition is SO close this year. I lost two places today, in spite of my hit with Dean Francis, because Garn had both Bain and Francis (the only one? Edit: no, GUN, too)) and MPFC had Dean Francis as joker.

But if Matt Capottelli were to die tomorrow (and honestly, why not..), I would gain 8 places again - into the top 10.

I think it's possible that the eventual winner is going to have 17 hits (tied for the record).

My scoreboard would have a new leader right now - Deadsox, because I considered John Bain's death less likely than Dean Francis' death.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

The competition is SO close this year. I lost two places today, in spite of my hit with Dean Francis, because Garn had both Bain and Francis (the only one?) and MPFC had Dean Francis as joker.

But if Matt Capottelli were to die tomorrow (and honestly, why not..), I would gain 8 places again - into the top 10.

I think it's possible that the eventual winner is going to have 17 hits (tied for the record).

My scoreboard would have a new leader right now - Deadsox, because I considered John Bain's death less likely than Dean Francis' death.

The competition is definitely beast mode this year,I reckon with my own team even if I hit around 120 points with McCain,Jose,Bracknell and Capottelli not seeing out the year that alone wouldn't gurantee top 20.

Just realized that if Vervoort dies by euthanasia and she's the next hit on my team (although I don't think that's likely to happen), then I would've beaten my point record from last year by one point. I agree with gcreptile, I think generally the overall quality of all the teams have improved from last year, and I think it's going to be quite hard to call a winner at this stage of the game. Reckon we won't know the most likely winner till around November/December, when the year comes to a close...

On 21/01/2018 at 13:58, msc said:

No, beyond those 2, I don't think Rev Billy G, Redstone, Francis or Alcock are certs to go either and could all be alive in 2019.

Strangely enough, the only person who's still alive from the people you named is Sumner Redstone. Might be a good time to start giving gcreptile his points...

10 hours ago, gcreptile said:

The competition is SO close this year. I lost two places today, in spite of my hit with Dean Francis, because Garn had both Bain and Francis (the only one? Edit: no, GUN, too)) and MPFC had Dean Francis as joker.

Aye, tight and exciting - Francis (my joker) catapulted me to = 7th but I'm not the only one looking at a decent total for late May and spotting some smirking survivors (Newton John and Nolan) who's relative good health already taunts me as Total Biscuit (in the running for team selection until late December) topples. Even "20 Hits'" team won't do the clean sweep, right?

On 25/05/2018 at 21:58, Joey Russ said:

Just realized that if Vervoort dies by euthanasia and she's the next hit on my team (although I don't think that's likely to happen), then I would've beaten my point record from last year by one point. I agree with gcreptile, I think generally the overall quality of all the teams have improved from last year, and I think it's going to be quite hard to call a winner at this stage of the game. Reckon we won't know the most likely winner till around November/December, when the year comes to a close...

As long as its not you I'm cool

Up to 61 and in the top 30 again.I reckon I have another 4 hits left this year which should get me over the 100 mark.