Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2018

I don't have her either, mostly because I forgot. To be fair my teams are pretty horrible with either good '19/'20 picks like Greg Gilbert or people I picked thanks to misleading headlines like Johnny Ruffo >_<

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Round Up #14 (Germany Crash Out of World Cup - Will Brazil Follow? Special)

Joseph Jackson: Sun Obit: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6591314/joe-jackson-children-health-dead/

If the German players faced beatings like the ones Joe Jackson dished out to his sons they'd still be in the World Cup

Just sayin'

19 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Team Gris Gris is absent.  I believe they had a Pete Peterson hit as well so at least avoid the 'and also starring' zeros at the bottom of the list.

Oh yes, #1 in the Theme Team league. Hopefully still some hits left for my team this year, but still a lot of water to go under the bridge.

The Cappotelli Butts one two (assuming the latter receive a QO) will definitely have a shake up in the scoreboard. I mean, I'm still in 1st place, but Pity Da Foolz will rise all the way to 3rd place since he had both Butts and Cappotelli. Deceased Hose not that far behind him either...

I could see Butts not obiting.

Butts will def. obit because I dropped him, against the advice of Mrs msc who said he was a "cert for a Guardian or Newsbeat reference at the very least".

Went to DDP site to mentally work out how many spots I'd moved up with Cappotelli's death, only to find Spade has already updated the table! Outstanding.

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I could see Butts not obiting.

I'm kind of hoping that he doesn't obit at this point...

I'm 85% on a Butts obit. I think the Danny Dyer connection will see him clear. 

Finally in the top 10 after Cappotelli. If I'm in the top 10 by year's end I'll consider that good enough considering the circumstances; the Shutts obit was huge for me in that he at least gives me a chance of a respectable finish.

From his DDP bio:

New leader of Pakistan Taliban following the death of Hakimullah Mehsud in 2013. Born 1974. Watch out for that Drone, boy...

Don’t know why, but it gave me a little smile for some reason...

Give Butts the weekend, he will get a proper obit.  Patience is a virtue I’m told 

Congratulations to the Fazlullah hit... well-done gamble.

I love doing this whole survivor analysis thing, but I haven't done it since the beginning of the year. So here's my mid-year edition.

Leah Bracknell: The report of her needing to get her lungs drained often is ominous. Reminds me of Sam Simon in his final days. 90%

Greg Gilbert (JOKER): Probably the worst pick on my team. Has a wedding planned and treatment is still working for now. Shitty joker. 20%

Jose Jose: One of these hospitalizations will be his last. But when will that be? 50%

Dilip Kumar: So frail... he can't hang on much longer. Autumn-time death. 80%

Devin Lima: Seen a lot of 'prayers' talk on social media. However, seems more like fans concerned with his diagnosis than friends concerned with his condition. 40%

Philomena Lynott: No way she's refusing treatment. An 87-year-old doesn't survive almost a full year with untreated lung cancer. 50%

John McCain: Any day now. Though that is what I've been saying for a couple months. 95%

Charlotte Rae: We don't really know how her cancer is progressing. Her frail looks could be attributed to the fact that she can't be bothered to wear makeup anymore. 50%

Fernando Ricksen: He may be optimistic, but that's no cure for organ failure - which he will soon have. Likely goner this year. 75%

Stefan Karl Stefansson: Doesn't look as frail as you'd expect. But given the pessimistic news, 6 more months is a big ask. 80%

Nobby Stiles: Has had dementia forever. He'll die on a quiet day in the fall. 85%

Marieke Vervoort: She's a happy person. I doubt she will undergo euthanasia any time soon. 30%

Well, half of my team has died and obitted. Here's what I think about the other 10 as we enter the 2nd half of the year:

Leah Bracknell: I would've thought that she'd be dead by now, but she continues to be alive. But yeah, her lungs being drained, as well as the fact that she was more pessimistic in her interviews this year makes me think she's going sooner rather than later. 95%

John Cocks: I'm starting to feel that he might be more of a 2019 fatality than 2018, but that doesn't mean he won't die in 2018. He has past his given life expectancy, he can't do chemo due to a tumor near his spine, and he's drinking that same bleach that Colin Meads did. Even if he dies though, his obit isn't guaranteed although two of my main punts did work in my favor. 70%

Stuart Fraser: We have received almost no news on him besides the fact that he's appearing a new album (though that really means nothing), but nothing healthwise since his benefit. Therefore, I'm not sure if he's dying this year or later. 55%

Greg Gilbert: The alternative treatment is working really well on him. Usually a wedding means that he's likely on the way out, but as I said before, he's looking more and more like a Daisy Berkowitz figure. 25%

Clive James: Went from being very chatty to almost nothing in the past year. That raises a red flag for me. 90%

John McCain: When I did the group analysis, I gave 2 10/10: Cappotelli and McCain. Still active on Twitter, but since it seemed like he has been on the way out since May, he probably is a goner. 95%

Linda Nolan: I really should've looked at Bernie's case before I picked her. She was first diagnosed with cancer in 2010, and it didn't start spreading until late2012/early 2013. With that timeline in mind, she's probably a good 2020/2021 pick. But no way is she going this year. 5%

Fernando Ricksen: I think Joost looked similar to Ricksen around this time in 2016, so I think he's more of an early 2019 fatality. But if he does die this year, it wouldn't surprise me. 60%

Stefan Karl Stefansson: He does look better than you think, but 6 months is a very long time for someone who isn't doing treatment anymore. 85%

Marieke Vervoort (joker): I think that euthanasia isn't going to happen anymore, but I'm still not entirely convinced that she'll see 2019. The fact that she was hospitalized for a long while this year and that harrowing update in April makes me think that a natural death isn't as unlikely as you think. 60%

Come on Y-Dub, find me that QO for Colin Butts.  I need that 9 points.

• Like 1

Starting to get a little worried about the QO for Colin Butts.  Can't say I have a great handle on what makes someone QOworthy but he seems to have a lot more cred than some who have cleared the bar.  Can anyone give me hope?

It's only been one week since he died. I could easily see him get a Telegraph obit or Guardian mention in the coming weeks (and even if he doesn't get one this month, there's still 6 months left, so still a lot of time to get a mention in the following months). 

Although I wouldn't be upset if he doesn't obit, mind you. But I suspect that he'll receive something in the end...

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

It's only been one week since he died. I could easily see him get a Telegraph obit or Guardian mention in the coming weeks (and even if he doesn't get one this month, there's still 6 months left, so still a lot of time to get a mention in the following months). 

Although I wouldn't be upset if he doesn't obit, mind you. But I suspect that he'll receive something in the end...

Dude, Colin Butts has one single solitary obit from Ibiza.  No one anywhere else.  At this point it would be astounding that he obits.  If anyone here eschewed jumping on the Butts bandwagon solely for the reason they thought he may not obit, FTW!  
SC

Hm. If Colin Butts doesn’t receive the obit and assume the rest of the analysis is the same, Pity Da Foolz is still the favorite to win without Vervoort. However, if Vervoort does go and Butts doesn’t receive an obit, assuming that the rest of my analysis is correct, then I would be the favorite. However, I think I overestimated the value of Clive James since I believe that he has at least a few months left now, so maybe another person’s analysis might give a better picture on who has the best shot to win...