Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2018

Another hit for my Politics XX, but I think that might be the last this year. Graeme Richardson seems to be doing bloody well given how ill he was at one point. 

McCain's demise has done nothing to the top of the leader board.  Although only 6th on the Drop Forty, the highest ranked team to not select McCain is 20 Hits No Problem who is running 28th. 

I think it is McCain who is the champion of the Drop Forty Bonus.  I think this has been the best invention I have seen in the few years I have been interested in the DDP. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I’d guess that if it weren’t for the guaranteed drop 40 bonus for McCain a few other teams might not have picked him (although he still would’ve appeared on my squad)...

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 20:25, YoungWillz said:

Back in the Top 40, heading for my best finish with my main team.

Still need a daily double with McCain and Benedict, I feel. Neil Simon and Morricone feel like outside bets. The others..meh. Only gravy if they go.

Ah those heady, pre-this weekend days......;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Ah those heady, pre-this weekend days......;)

Ah, so Pope Benny will the be the 9th deathlist hit then. :D 

• Haha 1

I know there was some discussion about this earlier in the year but has there been any decision about a competitor putting in teams with only 1-2 names difference?  I notice that Gun Away and Gun Fishing are coming equal 5th with the same hits and only 1 different  runner.  Isn't the point to make decisions and settle on 20 names? Putting in all but identical teams seems against the spirit of the competition.

My apologies if this has been resolved and I have missed it.

Yes there was a discussion about it. A small one on this thread and a lengthier discussion with lots of posters involved including Spade on pages 9 and 10 of the Rolling Probabilistic thread in extra curricular.

I offered to pull one of the teams and then some people said I shouldn't as there were lots of things you could argue weren't within spirit of competition (like FFBI) but it is within the rules.

What actually happened was I entered my team on 30th (ish) without Ami Brown and then regretted it the next day and realised although I couldn't change my team rules allowed me to submit another, so I did. It wasn't a planned strategy to take advantage of a rules loophole.

As it happens neither of them are going to die (unless they get involved in car crash or similar) so it's irrelevant and I won't do it again.

From the earlier discussion there was another entrant with two teams  previously in 2017, Cancerous Hatred 1 and 2, with 15 common names. But they finished 57th and 75th so perhaps you weren't bothered about them? There is also another competitor with 19 names the same in two teams this year but they aren't doing that well so perhaps you haven't noticed them?

Don't worry anyhow as you have me covered. :D

• Like 2

At the moment (Sept. 3, 11:30pm EDT), it appears the 'List of the Missed' and 'List of the Lost' on the DDP site are both showing 'List of the Missed' names.  The URLs are different but the names are the same.

On 25/08/2018 at 13:44, Spade_Cooley said:

Just catching up and see I have not one, but two names in the List of the Lost!

Should I be proud of that achievement?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, time said:

Just catching up and see I have not one, but two names in the List of the Lost!

Should I be proud of that achievement?

My team and 2 theme teams have 8 LotLers in 2018, and had 6 in 2017.

This is one of the reasons Spade has a voodoo doll in my likeness...

I am submitting a team called "20 Deaths No QOs" in 2020, so fuck whoever takes over from me.

• Haha 4

Well you'll love the theme team I have planned for 2019.

And if the bloody song I've used for the title gets stuck in anyone elses head, then a pain shared...

1 hour ago, msc said:

Well you'll love the theme team I have planned for 2019.

And if the bloody song I've used for the title gets stuck in anyone elses head, then a pain shared...

Is it persons of restricted growth and the song is 'It's A Small World' (Disneyland)

13 minutes ago, Toast said:

Is it persons of restricted growth and the song is 'It's A Small World' (Disneyland)

Damn, rumbled. :D

On 03/09/2018 at 23:30, alt obits guy said:

At the moment (Sept. 3, 11:30pm EDT), it appears the 'List of the Missed' and 'List of the Lost' on the DDP site are both showing 'List of the Missed' names.  The URLs are different but the names are the same.

Now fixed

Thanks for the update!

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Patience! But yeah, there's an update.

Yvonne Gilan died on June the 14th, not in July.

QO for Kulsoom Nawaz
Solo hit for Cancel My Appointments.  Too bad no obits for Podermanski and Haag, or we could be in this thing.
SC

31 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

QO for Kulsoom Nawaz
Solo hit for Cancel My Appointments.  Too bad no obits for Podermanski and Haag, or we could be in this thing.
SC

60 points from 4 hits is bloody impressive.

3 hours ago, msc said:

60 points from 4 hits is bloody impressive.

Wait till my conjoined twins drop over.  When is their birthday?!!  **hamster starts running in SirCs brain**  (edit - Oct 28!!!)

On 11/09/2018 at 18:01, Sir Creep said:

Wait till my conjoined twins drop over.  When is their birthday?!!  **hamster starts running in SirCs brain**  (edit - Oct 28!!!)

Is it possible for one of the twins to die and the other to continue living?

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Is it possible for one of the twins to die and the other to continue living?

They can, but it wouldn't be a very enjoyable experience for them as they'd effectively have a ticking timebomb of disease and bacteria attached to their body. Chang and Eng died separately - Chang from a brain aneurysm, and Eng around four hours from blood loss (ie, his blood was still pumping into a dead person's veins but he was getting none in return).

3 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

They can, but it wouldn't be a very enjoyable experience for them as they'd effectively have a ticking timebomb of disease and bacteria attached to their body. Chang and Eng died separately - Chang from a brain aneurysm, and Eng around four hours from blood loss (ie, his blood was still pumping into a dead person's veins but he was getting none in return).

I see... ugh....