Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2018

The Mail has a QO for Bob Jane, who is unique for DDP veterans Mr and Mrs Drummerboy.

Also, it's been brought to my attention that Dave's Dead...etc doesn't have the Drop 40 bonus for Rayya Elias for some reason, so bringing that up, too.

• Like 2

Website's completely fucked until I can get to a laptop, hopefully should be before noon.

• Sad 1

Caught it. 202 hits so far this year, definitely on to break last year's tally, probably won't top 2016's 275 though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Caught the Dave's Dead issue as well. There are so many things that can go wrong on the site it's ridiculous, it's basically a Lego Technics set with some text attached.

• Like 2

On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 21:35, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/oct/06/spanish-soprano-montserrat-caballe-dies-aged-85

Montserrat Caballes sad passing aged 85 is a 'hit' for my Gooseberry Crumble team. 

Dunno if you've already answered this but...

Do you like gooseberry crumble?

• Haha 1

On 09/10/2018 at 08:17, maryportfuncity said:

Dunno if you've already answered this but...

Do you like gooseberry crumble?

Very much so! 

This competition is a pile of shit.

2 minutes ago, Deathray said:

This competition is a pile of shit.

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Fuck off cunt.

Goodness, all these new posts on pool topics - I thought somebody must have died.  But it's just another Deathray rampage.  Been a while.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Deathers, your new tagline is starting to look a bit shaky right now.

Don't go on another sabbatical if possible, I'd miss your contributions (well most of them anyway).

If TJS holds on, or DITD win, it'll be the first DDP winner with a unique hit since 2014.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

If TJS holds on, or DITD win, it'll be the first DDP winner with a unique hit since 2014.

Also, if either of us wins (or Buckets of Blood wins for that matter), it’ll be the first win since 2013 in which the joker didn’t die.

Uniques were overrated at a point but now it feels like they've become an underrated strategy in this world of the Drop 40 bonus and there being more names and better research than ever.

I guess this is kind of the opposite of those people who die and don't get obits. Stumbled across this non qualifying article today, that seems to think Nobby Stiles is dead, even though he's not. Couple of other places ran the same article. Like Twain said "The report of my death was an exaggeration"......

https://www.pulse.com.gh/sports/football/football-seeks-answers-over-dementia-link-to-heading-id8963611.html

For me, researching for what you think might be uniques is the fun bit as the new year approaches, and hitting one is very satisfying. I suppose I have to be pleased with hitting one 5 out of 6 years i've been doing DDP.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pedro67 said:

For me, researching for what you think might be uniques is the fun bit as the new year approaches, and hitting one is very satisfying. I suppose I have to be pleased with hitting one 5 out of 6 years i've been doing DDP.

For me the revelation is seeing discussion of picks late on in the year and being amazed when you snag one who looks nailed on and find that pick qualifying as unique when the pool goes live

That said, it's mid-October and Eric Harrison continues to breathe

Meh, I don’t really strategize with uniques. If I do somehow get one, I will be pleasantly surprised, like Jacqui Forster this year...

4 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Uniques were overrated at a point but now it feels like they've become an underrated strategy in this world of the Drop 40 bonus and there being more names and better research than ever.

Good point, hitting triple digits was usually only done by the teams on the podium. Now the whole  Top Twenty does it. Research is much better now.

Kinda funny that my best DDP season since 2013, points-wise, has come in a year when I couldn't even be arsed to create a signature with all my entries......

13 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Good point, hitting triple digits was usually only done by the teams on the podium. Now the whole  Top Twenty does it. Research is much better now.

Hmmm but only the top 4 would currently be over 100 points without Drop 40 bonuses (so although I agree that research is better (and possibly easier now) you can't ignore the extra points that the Drop 40 bonuses deliver.