Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2018

I'm planning on going live December 10th. We'll have a new email address as well....

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I'm planning on going live December 10th. We'll have a new email address as well....

As a mere amateur in this game I salute you.

Hey, don't salute me for being a game runner. Salute the real heroes, the multiple-time winners.

So I'm just gonna talk aloud my plans for the month here. The site is ported over to new servers. A new site design (for the front page at least) is in progress. It will be a blog design, each death will be its own separate entry rather than doing 8/12 in a batch. Puns will be retained for the most important figures and I think I have a way to do that. I will put up a dummy version of the site here some point in the next 7 days to let you all play with/tell me why it's shit. 

Email to start the new season goes out around the 10th. Then I need to prep the game station for 2019, which hopefully I can do easily. If not, I'll need to go begging to T-Mib to come back and help me, so please refrain from any jokes about Hillsborough for a month or so.

As with recent years, game goes live with new teams at some point in the first two weeks of the year. Hopefully the first week this year, I have time off in January. Blurbs and bios to be added as and when, but as with last year I think I'll assign pics and write the blurbs myself.

And then a new gamerunner will be picked.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Fuck it, let's try it now.

So this is what the website will (probably) look like:

http://s760215289.websitehome.co.uk/

The banner needs changing (graphic design isn't a particular skill of mine). And yes, the images in the slider are a little scrappy. But... thoughts? What works/doesn't work? 

• Like 4

I'm on mobile right now (so it might be different on the comp) but I'd suggest having the menu on the side rather than the bottom of the page. Not a big deal tho. Otherwise looks good to me.

Yeah, I'm on my computer now and it works great.

I think the design is excellent! :clap:

I like the look of that a lot. One question, will stats and facts continue to be on the menu ?

Yes. Or maybe possibly. I think so, just further down, perhaps as part of a wider catch all "history" with the previous years' archives.

Ok well apparently no one else is using a phone, but the header font/layout is so large I only see ‘Y DEAD’ out of what I presume is Derby Dead Pool’. Just FYI.  It may look fine on a computer screen, nyet on my iPhone.  

SC

On 05/12/2018 at 12:24, Phantom of the Midway said:

I'm on mobile right now (so it might be different on the comp) but I'd suggest having the menu on the side rather than the bottom of the page. Not a big deal tho. Otherwise looks good to me.

See my post above.  Do you mean to tell me you see something other than this?

EB81AE86-C309-46D2-BAC2-6B229812D9F5.png

Can I hold on at the top of the Theme Team league?

Plenty of potential in the 2nd placed team, but I don't think there's any hits left on mine.

Updating the stats tables as well this month, which has revealed that, following Devin Lima's death, Deceased Hose becomes only the second team in DDP history to pass 1,000 points in total.

• Like 9

Were the emails sent out because I haven't got mine yet. What email address to we send our entries to?

59 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Were the emails sent out because I haven't got mine yet. What email address to we send our entries to?

Well yes, I've even had my teams acknowledged as accepted. Very efficient!

mailto:ddp@derbydeadpool.co.uk

Bit early to submit isn't it??

Anyway since I didn't get the email can I assume the format for submission is the same as last year?

17 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Bit early to submit isn't it??

Anyway since I didn't get the email can I assume the format for submission is the same as last year?

Yep, Joker at the Top then 19 additions with up to 3 subs.

I like to get in early, avoid it perhaps getting lost or delayed in a massive New Year outage or possible downtime due to heavy load. I'd say normally because I'm confident my picks will live til the New Year (only a fortnight!) but for 2019 I'm not as confident. My subs will save any bother hopefully.

I don't think I've had the email either.

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

I don't think I've had the email either.

I didn't either, but there's issues with the email system I use for the DDP (ie its old and shite). Will probably move DDP emails over to current account for 2019.

1 hour ago, msc said:

I didn't either, but there's issues with the email system I use for the DDP (ie its old and shite). Will probably move DDP emails over to current account for 2019.

2p9yb7.jpg

Ahem....I use yahoo and I got the mail, ha!

6 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

So emails were sent on the.... 9th. All as BCCs, to around 500 email addresses. Only four bounced, but it's become clear that someone people simply didn't receive them. Including me weirdly. I have Gmail so I'm not sure what the craic is, there seems to be no rhyme or reason behind who it didn't send to. I will send a second email out this weekend, as an "in case you missed it...." piece, just in case.

• Thanks 1

Mine's Gmail too, just checked again, nothing, checked the spam and the trash in case I deleted it by mistake, but nada.

1 minute ago, Toast said:

Mine's Gmail too, just checked again, nothing, checked the spam and the trash in case I deleted it by mistake, but nada.

Oh no, that one was deliberate spade couldn't be arsed adding a load of rando dementia sufferers to the database.

• Confused 1