Spade_Cooley

Derby Dead Pool 2018

Bring it on!

I think I might have made the new Rules & Scoring Logo a bit too big!

I'll take it in a bit...

Good luck everyone, but especially Spade.

1 minute ago, themaninblack said:

Bring it on!

Currently picture you going "Free at last" like Marcus Scarman at the end of Pyramids here.

Planning to do a OoO 2010, continue the tradition?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, msc said:

Good luck everyone, but especially Spade.

Currently picture you going "Free at last" like Marcus Scarman at the end of Pyramids here.

Planning to do a OoO 2010, continue the tradition?

No. I am well out of touch when it comes to putting together a team to win...

Serious thanks for T-Mib for his handover notes by the way, he's still going to be the MVP of DDP 2k18 even without hosting. It's like when you start a new job and the previous employee actually left a decent list of instructions for what you have to do in the gig.

• Like 3

Best get my third team together ready to submit next week.

Once more, thanks to TMIB for past service and to Spade for taking the reins (down in A...fric...a....).....

All emails now sent, if anyone thinks they should have had an email that hasn't let me know. I'm wearing my "I'm New Please Be Patient" badge right now, like the one Pret employee with the Slovenian flag emblem.

I don’t have an email from you for some reason, and I’ve checked the spam just in case it got placed in there...

Got my email thanks Spade.

I have a long night ahead of me reminding me who had a Top 30 hit in 1982 - I did that list about 18 months ago! Nevertheless, I only need to find 8 names and subs...

I didn't, but Hotmail seems to be less useful by the day. Probably going to change to another email account for this sort of thing.

Hi - I've never done this before but it seems the list I have for Sean's game, now RadGuy's game, won't need too much fiddling with.

One question - I'm surprised that a Unique scores the same points as a Drop 40 - this seems counterintuitive - rather than searching for the uniques it's as good, and much easier, to just fill your team with the cancer fodder that everyone else is picking too? Is that right?

I would have thought Drop 40 might merit a bonus but it should be a point?

Anyhow good luck to Spade and well done to TMIB, let your freedom be long and happy.

It's to stop FFBI picks: traditionally the uniques in title-chasing DDP teams have been of the "brave mother of two enjoys last Christmas before dying of cancer" that then get picked up by the SWSN service and sent to the national press.

Thanks - I think I should have asked that in Town Hall about 3 months ago and then I would have continued the conversation but I'm way too late so I'll take the rules as they are and work out how to win. B) Cheers.

Anyone who thinks they should have had an email that hasn't, please DM me your address so I can check what went wrong/blame your junk settings.

Edit: Hotmail users may like to check their junk settings.

As always I gaze in awe at the scale of this undertaking and plan to be involved because it would be disrespectful to ignore this titan of dead pools

• Like 4

I will participate in this, my first time. I'll probably be sending my team in late December.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

I will participate in this, my first time. I'll probably be sending my team in late December.

Good luck!

Three friendly tips

1. Remember to send your team to the right address. Like what I didn't do in 2011.

2. Enjoy.

3. Have you ever considered picking Rick Davies? I hear he is going to be a top cult pick. Just ask Joey, he'll tell you. B):lol:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, msc said:

Good luck!

Three friendly tips

1. Remember to send your team to the right address. Like what I didn't do in 2011.

2. Enjoy.

3. Have you ever considered picking Rick Davies? I hear he is going to be a top cult pick. Just ask Joey, he'll tell you. B):lol:

Aye, and don’t forget to look up Scott Thornson and Ryan Buell while you’re at it...

• Like 1

Did not get any email.

I'm going to participate this year. Still have got to learn for the DDP but I hope I can do well. I think my team so far is good.

• Like 2

And to completely 100% prove that I am not attempting to gain an edge even in something as minor as the Theme League, I submit my theme team here now.

While The Dog Is Pissing On Their Feet

A team of people who have told the legendary Aristocrats joke on-camera:

1.      Pat Cooper (joker)

2.      Andy Dick

3.      Billy Connolly

4.      Bruce Vilanch

5.      Chuck McCann

6.      David Steinberg

7.      Dick Smothers

8.      Eric Idle

9.      Fred Willard

10.   Jackie Martling

11.   Kevin Nealon

12.   Kevin Pollak

13.   Larry Storch

14.   Martin Mull

15.   Paul Krassner

16.   Richard Lewis

17.   Rip Taylor

18.   The Amazing Jonathan

19.   Tim Conway

20.   Tom Smothers

• Like 1

Entered my two theme teams on Wednesday night, to get them off my mind.

OldPolesEtc is the Slavic people one. The name is a homage to BuriedInCarolina's OldPolsEtc, which I had mistaken for a more popular and successful team when I decided to parody the name.

The US politicians one is called The Star Spangled Coffin.