Life Is Beautiful

Artie Lange

I looked it up and there is no official thread for Lange, there might be a comedian thread somewhere but I thought we needed a separate thread for the mess known as Artie Lange. 

Holy wow, I have never seen someone desintegrate from drugs so much in so little time. For anyone not familiar with his work he really is in rough shape. He's suffered from mental illness and substance abuse, including heroin dependence, he gained a ton of weight and has been hospitalized for diabetic shock and a pretty severe infection that required invasive surgery. He's also attempted suicide twice by stabbing himself and drinking bleach. Howard Stern also fired him from his show. It's telling when even Stern thinks you're too much of a liability.

The tics and wiping of the nose and eye, the running out on breaks to snort more, the inability to sit still...and where are his teeth? The man is barely 50. I have never watched someone who has had every chance in the world to get sober with the amounts of money he makes and the resources he has access to slowly kill himself like this. I remember once that his nose started bleeding in the middle of a show. Deeply chilling.

He said on Jim and Sam's show last month he was 8 days without anything in his system but coke and heroin. . He also said "they say it catches up to you when you're 50, and that is what's happening." Poor guy's done.

Even his mom thinks he is dying at this point. And after two hospitalizations in this year alone, other sources are saying the same thing.

Fellow comedian Ralphie May died this year and the only problem he had is that he was really, really fat. He was also younger than Artie.

I say if this guy survives these next 20 days, he should be at the very top of next year's Deathlist.

Christ he really looks like death now and he has never looked well.Good shout.

• Thanks 1

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/13/artie-lange-arrested-missed-court-date/ :Artie Lange arrested for missing a court date relating to drugs.

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2017/12/14/former-howard-stern-regular-to-artie-lange-please-save-your-life/23307406/ :Also Dominic Barbara his Stern Show co-star begs him to join him in rehab.This guy is a mess and even he is despairing for Artie.

"If you want to come, I will come get you and pay all your costs. Please save your life. You have a lot of people who love you. Dominic."

Artie's Stern cohort Dave Van Dam aka 'Evil Dave', dead at 63.

https://theblast.com/howard-stern-wack-pack-evil-dave-letterman-dead/

Shit, forgot to see if there was a Stern thread.

** apologies if already posted, cannot do 3 letter searches.

He would have made my squads if I had twitter....

Arrested or maybe not arrested, but definitely back on the marching powder:

Artie Lange knows the way to San Jose obviously.

Because he's driving cars and pumping gas.