Sign in to follow this  
Sean

Tessa Jowell

Thought I would create a thread for Tessa Jowell in the hope of helping her secure a place on next year`s list.Dame Tessa Jowell is a Member of the British House of Lords who spent 23 years in the House of Commons and served in the Cabinets of two Labour Prime Ministers (Blair and Brown) and even tried to run for mayor last year.She was knighted by the Queen in 2012.She has been in the political mainstream for over a quater of a century now and is (or was until recently) a regular panelist on Question Time and other Political programs.She revealed on her 70th Biirthday on September 17th (Or rather her daughter in law did ) that she had been diagnosed with brain cancer in May.The head of the brain tumor charity let slip that it was a "high grade brain tumour" making the chances of recovery pretty low.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41302021

DQS4BGzW0AAUvoR.jpgHere is Dame Tessa receiving a warm welcome back to the House of Lords 9 days ago.

Sean, did I ever tell you what my ex-MP said when he saw the SNP polls in 2015? "I'm set to Defcon Fucked!" Which, it turned out, he was. Anyhow, that's what Tessa is, now.

• Haha 2

A tap in...

image.jpeg.00d9058cf72f29756ca5b2d469b6d290.jpeg Looks like she will be first from this photo of Brown`s cabinet to snuff it.

• Like 1

Another pic of her looking frail in the House of Lords, with nice bobble hat and what looks to be her own hair.

DQS4FkrX0AAA4bG.jpg

This seems so dated now!

2 hours ago, msc said:

Another pic of her looking frail in the House of Lords, with nice bobble hat and what looks to be her own hair.

DQS4FkrX0AAA4bG.jpg

Aye, I think I'm in the next seat to Tessa at the Leah Bracknell gig in January!

• Like 1

I bet more than a couple of deadpoolers will go to the Bracknell gig.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Well, IF there's a gig...

2 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, I think I'm in the next seat to Tessa at the Leah Bracknell gig in January!

I think Tessa could look at home at a shamanic event in that photo.Just needs a drum and a spliff.Interesting trivia Tessa is very anti-smoking and hated sharing an office at Westminster in the 90`s with chainsmoking Glenda Jackson.Sounds like a  very mildly amusing sitcom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well, IF there's a gig...

Oh come on she is into Shaminism and all that crap.If she can`t make the gig in person there will be a seance at the venue next month.

:ghost2:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, themaninblack said:

A tap in...

Image result for tap in golf

Jowell has a debate lined up for January in the House of Lords.

Baroness Jowell to ask Her Majesty's Government what action they are taking to evaluate innovative cancer treatments and make them available through the National Health Service, and to raise life expectancy for cancer patients (Question for Short Debate, 90 minutes).

Can't think what inspired this. Last stand?

Actually I might have to amend my own shadow list to include her. She seems like a good pick.

On 2017. 12. 14. at 21:50, Sean said:

Well, I don't think that her gig would be that interesting for deadpoolers. 

Even if she looks cheerful and relatively healthy in January, 2019 would still seem like a very long shot for her. And if she looks shite or has to cancel the gig for health reasons, that would just confirm that she is about to die in 2018, which is what most people already expect anyways.

Big name politician in the UK. Also seriously ill. Good pick.

• Like 2

As the one who started this thread I thank the committee for picking Dame Tessa.A xlclear choice both famous and very ill.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

As the one who started this thread I thank the committee for picking Dame Tessa.A xlclear choice both famous and very ill.

I said in the chat: "one of Sean's threads is an official Deathlist thread - he'll be so happy!"

• Like 1

two are in fact.

On 12/24/2017 at 12:43, GossipGabe said:

Well, I don't think that her gig would be that interesting for deadpoolers. 

Even if she looks cheerful and relatively healthy in January, 2019 would still seem like a very long shot for her. And if she looks shite or has to cancel the gig for health reasons, that would just confirm that she is about to die in 2018, which is what most people already expect anyways.

I wonder if she will mention or hint at being on the deathlist?  Only ronnie Biggs off the top of my head has acknowledged it.

Unfortunately she has not made any over optimistic statements to summon up images of Kathleen Turner, Michael Douglas and Danny DeVito..........

.....................Jowell in denial.

I'll get mi coat.

• Like 3

Correct me if I'm wrong, @Sean, but isn't that the first time she's actually confirmed to the Beeb or Guardian or Telegraph or anyone that she does actually have a high grade glioblastoma? It was others saying it and her appearance before then.

On her chances: "How do I know how long it's going to last? I hope it'll be a long time." :skull: