Sign in to follow this  
Sean

Tessa Jowell

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, @Sean, but isn't that the first time she's actually confirmed to the Beeb or Guardian or Telegraph or anyone that she does actually have a high grade glioblastoma? It was others saying it and her appearance before then.

On her chances: "How do I know how long it's going to last? I hope it'll be a long time." :skull:

It is but the head of a brain tumour charity described it as "high grade".If that had been a mistake it would have been clarified or denied.

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

It is but the head of a brain tumour charity described it as "high grade".If that had been a mistake it would have been clarified or denied.

Aye hence her Deathlist spot and Drop 40. Feels different when the individual confirms it, though.

Mind you, first Sydney Pollack confirmed reports was by dying iirc.

Just listened to the interview in full.Key points.She was diagnosed because she had a seizure and lost consciousness for several days.She has no treatment options left on the NHS but is looking into immunotherapy in Germany.She struggled with getting her words out at times and had unusually high blink rate as well as looking visibly gaunt pale and frail.I would guess it is weeks rather than months.

Yeah, it's looking pretty grim for her. Early March, I reckon.

Tessa live on BBC News right now.

• Like 1

Tessa on BBC News Channel, giving her HofL speech.

• Like 1

Speaking in the Lords about cancer.Clearly struggling with speech.

Watching her stutter repeatedly is difficult.

• Like 1

Got the feel of Paul Daisley's last speech to the Commons there.

MIchael Palin's character in a Fish Called Wanda springs to  mind. But just not funny.  

I reckon that will be the last time we see her in public.

The average lifespan for her illness would take her to August. But like McCain, I can't see her getting anywhere near that.

2 hours ago, Sean said:

I reckon that will be the last time we see her in public.

Last time we see her in parliament, it certainly had that last speech feel to it. But i'm sure one of the red tops will get a sad last days pic of he in wheel chair being ferried into hospital or something.

14 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Last time we see her in parliament, it certainly had that last speech feel to it. But i'm sure one of the red tops will get a sad last days pic of he in wheel chair being ferried into hospital or something.

That is more a celeb phenomenon not that of public figures.I kind of think the tabloids would avoid it.After all she isn't a former Pm.We shall see.

2 hours ago, Death Impends said:

The average lifespan for her illness would take her to August. But like McCain, I can't see her getting anywhere near that.

I dunno August sounds about right.Remember Gbm patients normally have several months of being housebound/ bedridden.

McCain however hasn't been seen in public for several weeks so I reckon he will go before Tessa.

4 hours ago, Sean said:

McCain however hasn't been seen in public for several weeks so I reckon he will go before Tessa.

McCain apparently is doing okay all things considered. Although he wasn't present to vote on the budget.

PSd7K57f?format=jpg&name=600x314

This doesn't look too good but Theresa May might be draining the life force from her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/25/2018 at 14:20, Sean said:

His daughter very recently said otherwise, and yes we know how biased some family gets when a state of denial takes over, but she didn't have an air about her of pulling wool over the media eyes; rather I felt she was just saying wassup with her pops.  He lands in a hospital bed in a month or so, I will re-examine my radar on these matters.

SC

I think she has the same as my sister had. Following surgery to remove a large tumour, she was clear for three years, tumour then returned with no further treatment options.  She was fairly coherent and mobile in the March, by June her mobility was mostly gone and her cognition was in sharp decline and she was dead in October.  

• Sad 2