ebless

June Whitfield

Not a bad shout...sadly, my shadow list is fully booked for the coming year, so if she could be a darling and hang on until 2019 that'd be smashing

3 hours ago, ebless said:

Now confined to a care home although she loves it, now 92 and a 70s comedy great so deserves her own thread. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/ab-fab-star-june-whitfield-11706481

Goes back further than that, she used to regularly appear on Hancock’s Half Hour among other things in the 50s 

11 hours ago, ebless said:

Now confined to a care home although she loves it, now 92 and a 70s comedy great so deserves her own thread. 

I'm now wondering if that home is Brinsworth House or Denville Hall?

Maybe, if it is the former, she will invite us in for a cuppa when some of us have our DL con down that way next year.

Assuming that she will still be here, or summat. :)

Three MIss Marple episodes available on the BBC Radio 4 iplayer if you wish to hear her undead voice.

3 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Three MIss Marple episodes available on the BBC Radio 4 iplayer if you wish to hear her undead voice.

1) She isn't dead

2) If she was dead, she would not have a voice to compare to the one she had when she was alive.

3) WTF.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

1) She isn't dead

2) If she was dead, she would not have a voice to compare to the one she had when she was alive.

3) WTF.

On the contrary, Miss Marple is very much undead!

22 hours ago, ebless said:

what's the average survival time of care home residents? isn't it about 1-2 years?

10 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

what's the average survival time of care home residents? isn't it about 1-2 years?

My Dad has just marked the 2 year point of him being in a care home. Last time I saw him he was humming along to Chritmas carols. 

• Like 1

My Grandmother lasted 9  years in a home.My other Gran lasted 3 and a half years and my Grandad lasted 5 years.

• Like 1

To be more accurate - assuming anyone's looking at her for a time sensitive dead pool - the low life expectancy of care home residents in the UK owes something to the fact many families delay putting anyone in a home because the fees can be crippling. In June's case the availability of cash is likely to be less of an issue - so she may well have arrived in a fairly good state and be capable of outlasting the average life expectancy from that point.

• Like 1

June Whitfield will give us a few years yet I'm sure. Same for Prunella Scales. But I'd put a few quid on Barbara Windsor and fenella fielding. I hope I'm wrong. I adore fenella. 

13 minutes ago, ChicaTaz said:

June Whitfield will give us a few years yet I'm sure. Same for Prunella Scales. But I'd put a few quid on Barbara Windsor and fenella fielding. I hope I'm wrong. I adore fellatio. 

Giving or receiving?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ebless said:

93 yesterday. :birthday:

Aye, summat I commented on in fingering her as Deathrace fodder. 

Nowt wrong mentally so far as I'm aware. It'd be needless to start another poll but for what it's worth I reckon she might outlive Prunella Scales

54 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, summat I commented on in fingering her as Deathrace fodder. 

Nowt wrong mentally so far as I'm aware. It'd be needless to start another poll but for what it's worth I reckon she might outlive Prunella Scales

Fingering June Whitfield - you Maryport lot are all the same!

37 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Aye!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Fingering June Whitfield - these days we'd call that dry humour

• Haha 5

Ab Fab producer Jon Plowman has tweeted that June Whitfield has died. No other confirmation as yet.

Fuck!

Another sub needed, this time for my Comedy Cremations team 2019 @Spade_Cooley if this is correct.

Also, points for me for this year, if correct!

Looks as through people doing their calculations for this year may need to start again if this news is confirmed! 

She was one of my DDP untouchables. I should have put her on my list and thus granted her eternal life.