ebless

June Whitfield

OK, this is a tweet from (at least someone who has for a long time claimed to be) her son-in-law. Looks like it's true. Either that or it's the longest con-game in history.

Farewell to a national treasure. :(

• Like 3

RIP.

Was gonna be #37 on my personal list next year.

So it was true, it's just that the lag of time between it reaching twitter and Offical Confirmation was longer than usual!

RIP June.

3 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

So it was true, it's just that the lag of time between it reaching twitter and Offical Confirmation was longer than usual!

Strangely, announcing a death to the general public isn't always a priority for the bereaved family.

• Like 4

Strangely everyone was about to write this off as fake news (understandably through since everyone started to think the tweet was fake) before the official sources finally reported it! 

Well, I pop off for my tea and this happens!

I guess I should brace myself for a loss from my TOTP Theme team next.

And I think she was on all my lists for next year, so I'll PM/post where necessary.

Goodbye fair June, it's a shame you could not carry on. RIP.

22 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

She was 36th in the provisional Drop 40.

I bet you're praying Leah doesn't kick the bucket in the next 48 hours. With June and simon both gone.

Very very sad news - I was hoping it wasn't true - but a grand age and I'm glad she was made a Dame the other year. She was brilliant, incredibly underrated, and was always a joy to watch in anything. 

• Like 5

Would she have been on the 2019 list if she'd made it to Tuesday? If so could have been an early first  hit ! I must say I'm surprised to find out that she's never been on the list at all !

2 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Very very sad news - I was hoping it wasn't true - but a grand age and I'm glad she was made a Dame the other year. She was brilliant, incredibly underrated, and was always a joy to watch in anything. 

According to her son in law she seems to have enjoyed her last few days with her   family so that's some comfort.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

Strangely everyone was about to write this off as fake news (understandably through since everyone started to think the tweet was fake) before the official sources finally reported it! 

Speak for yourself.

I guess she'll be the last 'big' death of 2018. 

RIP to a very funny and accomplished actress.  I just saw watched her a few days ago on ITV3's perennial Carry On series of films they always seem to put on at Christmas.  That's 3 actresses that appeared in Carry ons that have passed this year but weren't really associated with them or appeared in that many (I think June appeared in 3?). The other 2 of course were Fenella Fielding and Liz Fraser.  Maybe Barbara Windsor could be a possible pick for next year now?

i can always remember watching Terry and June when I was a kid -. Sad that she's gone but had a good innings when you consider how long she lived compared to her co-star Terry.

i just remembered she's another one for the annual Dr Who remembrance list of stars - starred in End of Time parts 1 and 2 with Bernard cribbins..

• Like 2

One of those people who have been around for so long you hope that they’ll live longer. Fabulous comedic timing, Terry and June is very much underrated and got viewing figures of 15 million on a Monday evening a figure people in TV dream of today. The theme tune iconic with the best middle 8 section in history 

Rest peacefully June- we’ll miss you

• Like 2