Five4Three2One Deadpool - 2018

1. Shane McGowan

2. Jilly Cooper

3. Paul McCartney

4. David Prowse

5. Emperor Akihito

Is this ok?

On 29/12/2017 at 05:08, Wormfarmer said:

Great to see there are 11 entries on the first day!  Thanks for giving it a try.  That said, I have a few list violations to report.   Quim, Fixed Business and Unknown Man - you all have Leah Bracknell at the top spot.  TheOldLady (first entry posted) beat you to it, so you are all in violation of the rule "once a name is posted at the top spot, no one else can use that name at the top spot for that month, same with the 4 spot, and so on.  Thus any given name can only be on 5 active lists in any given month."  There are still 3 slots left in January for Leah, though, so . . .  ready, set  . . . GO!  Unknown Man you are in violation of the same rule with John McCain in the 4 spot as Bou1 already has him there, and finally Exu is in violation of said rule with Nobby Stiles in the 4 slot (lost out to Fixed Business this month).  I will accept name replacements at any time, but your lists will not be active until they meet the guidelines, so try to fix them before Jan 1.  I will of course hold all your legal picks so they cannot be taken by another entry whilst you are in limbo.  Carry on!

Ah, sorry. Fixed. 

11 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

1. Shane McGowan

2. Jilly Cooper

3. Paul McCartney

4. David Prowse

5. Emperor Akihito

Is this ok?

Good to Go!  I will post a Master list once I get 20 entries and close it, or in early Jan if it doesn't fill up.

It looks like more replacements are needed.  Erica Garner couldn't make it to the starting gate.  Damn!  Please send in one sub Yorkshire Banker for your #2 spot.  I will put Charlotte Rae in my Top Spot.

1. Leah Bracknell

2. Stefan Karl Stefanson

3. Val Kilmer

4. Clive James

5. Shane McGowan

17 hours ago, Deathray said:

1. Leah Bracknell

2. Stefan Karl Stefanson

3. Val Kilmer

4. Clive James

5. Shane McGowan

Bracknell has already been taken in the 5 spot for Jan.  See first posted list by theoldlady.  Your other 4 picks are held in reserve until you can replace your top spot with an untaken name in that spot.  I think you are entry #17, so the pool is almost full from the start.  You can just edit your list, or post a name to replace Leah.  We are almost underway! (in my part of the world).  I will post a Jan list of teams soon.

1. Richard Overton

2. Red Schoendienst

3. Ennio Moricone

4. Raymond Briggs

5. Earl Cameron

That's 19 lists, with only one outstanding violation to be fixed (Deathray).  Anyone want to make it 20 before I close it and post the master?  

Yes please.  Here's me list, if not too late:

1.  Clive James

2.  Chris Rea

3.  Frank Gehry

4.  Aretha Franklin

5.  Burt Reynolds

2 hours ago, Wormfarmer said:

That's 19 lists, with only one outstanding violation to be fixed (Deathray).  Anyone want to make it 20 before I close it and post the master?  

Norman Lloyd.

That does it!  We have 20 complete and active lists for the inaugural version of the Five4three2one DP.  I have made a complete matrix  for Jan and will post it below.  I am amazed at the percentage of new names that come in even after I have been doing this for a few years. Truly a global competition.  That said, please use full names in the future on your teams, as I am not familiar with European footballers, and many others that are coming in (tho' the Python cast are certainly universal).  I am not aware of any hits yet, so it is all square as we embark on a new year of carnage.  I am going to take a stab at the winning score and say it will fall somewhere in the 33 - 35 range, and that will be impressive.  Good luck and I hope you enjoy the ride.

JAN Teams 5 pts 4 pts 3 pts 2 pts 1 pt
theoldlady Leah Bracknell Kim Jong Un Walter Keonig Yoko Ono David Prowse
BOU1 Renee Simonot John McCain Don Lusk Nabi Tajima Billy Graham
Captain Chorizo (5) Dilip Kumar Yamaguchi San Patrick Cryne Paul Alcock Little Richard
Sean (5) Rayya Elias Alberto Fujimori Matt Capotelli Marieke Vervoot Fernando Ricksen
The Quim Reaper (8) Patrick Cryne Leah Bracknell Rayya Elias Sal Sobral John McCain
Prophet (2) John McCain Fernando Ricksen Leah Bracknell Rayya Elias Dean Francis
Joey Russ John Cleese Terry Gilliam Eric Idle Terry Jones Michael Palin
Fixed Business Valerie Harper Nobby Stiles Greg Gilbert Leah Bracknell George HW Bush
EXU (6) Muller Mark E Smith Sansom Jimmy Armfield Jimmy Greaves
Mr. Whit Doris Day Queen Elizabeth II Chubby Checker Bob Dylan Bridget Bardot
Unknown Man Olivia Newton-John Javier Perez de Cuellar Tessa Jowell Isabel Peron Yasuhiro Nakasone
FujimoriNoMorey Alberto Fujimori Marieke Vervoot Bessie Camm Steve Bannon Nabi Tajima
gcreptile (6) Marieke Vervoot Jessica Falkholt Johnny Hubbard Bobby Zarin Lou Henson
Wormfarmer Charlotte Rae Lauren Wasser John McCain Stefan K Stefansson Roberta McCain
Bentrovato Shane McGowan Jilly Cooper Paul McCartney David Prowse Emperor Akihito
Yorkshire Banker (3) Reinhardt Hardegan Bobby Brown (fballer) Jessica Falkholt Barys Kit Bella Thorne
Deathray Norman Lloyd Stefan K Stefansson Val Kilmer Clive James Shane McGowan
Ericles Souza Isabel Peron Valery Giscard d'Estaing Susana Vieira Imelda Marcos Teofisto Guingoma Jr. 
Bibliogryphon Richard Overton Red Schoendienst Ennio Monicone Raymond Briggs Earl Cameron
Youwanticewiththat Clive James Chris Rea Frank Gehry Aretha Franklin Burt Reynolds

Double your points if you get a hit on the last day of the month.  All lists void beginning Feb 1, so submit new teams at that time to
avoid missed opportunities.  Remember you cannot use a name again in consecutive months.  Game On!  
  • Like 1

Not sure if it is good or bad that none of my names appear in other peoples lists. I hàve a draft for Feb already.

Joey needs to clarify which Palin. I think as there's Michael, Sarah and others

1 minute ago, Deathray said:

Might it be Palin Toinsignificance?

^_^

32 minutes ago, Deathray said:

See the first page. Wormfarmer just put the last names on mine for some reason. ^_^

Ah, sorry.  That was my shorthand, which goes to prove the point I just made above that this is a diverse group, and even the ubiquitous Pythons might not be recognized by everyone.  I will put the first names in and also for the footballers if I can get some help with those. 

Not many people are identifiable out of context by surname only.  The Pythons as a group, yes;  but in isolation - not necessarily.

Some footballers are known only by a single name though, often not their surname.  Pele is an obvious example.

Mind you, I still get confused over Ronaldo.

Agreed.  But following in a list of Cleese, Gilliam, Idle and Jones, I figured Palin was understood to be Michael.  Pele I am with you.  Ronaldo, I draw a complete blank.  How about Zamfir?

Mantovani? Ali?  Anyway, if these are single name footballers on EXU's list, we are good to go.   

This guy ( Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima )

142848-004-E63CC197.jpg

or this guy ( Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro)

Cristiano+Ronaldo+Portugal+v+Netherlands

On 1/4/2018 at 00:28, Wormfarmer said:

That does it!  We have 20 complete and active lists for the inaugural version of the Five4three2one DP.  I have made a complete matrix  for Jan and will post it below.  I am amazed at the percentage of new names that come in even after I have been doing this for a few years. Truly a global competition.  That said, please use full names in the future on your teams, as I am not familiar with European footballers, and many others that are coming in (tho' the Python cast are certainly universal).  I am not aware of any hits yet, so it is all square as we embark on a new year of carnage.  I am going to take a stab at the winning score and say it will fall somewhere in the 33 - 35 range, and that will be impressive.  Good luck and I hope you enjoy the ride.

JAN Teams 5 pts 4 pts 3 pts 2 pts 1 pt
theoldlady Leah Bracknell Kim Jong Un Walter Keonig Yoko Ono David Prowse
BOU1 Renee Simonot John McCain Don Lusk Nabi Tajima Billy Graham
Captain Chorizo Dilip Kumar Yamaguchi San Patrick Cryne Paul Alcock Little Richard
Sean Rayya Elias Alberto Fujimori Matt Capotelli Marieke Vervoot Fernando Ricksen
The Quim Reaper Patrick Cryne Leah Bracknell Rayya Elias Sal Sobral John McCain
Prophet John McCain Fernando Ricksen Leah Bracknell Rayya Elias Dean Francis
Joey Russ John Cleese Terry Gilliam Eric Idle Terry Jones Michael Palin
Fixed Business Valerie Harper Nobby Stiles Greg Gilbert Leah Bracknell George HW Bush
EXU Muller Michael E Smith Sansom Armfield Greaves
Mr. Whit Doris Day Queen Elizabeth II Chubby Checker Bob Dylan Bridget Bardot
Unknown Man Olivia Newton-John Javier Perez de Cuellar Tessa Jowell Isabel Peron Yasuhiro Nakasone
FujimoriNoMorey Alberto Fujimori Marieke Vervoot Bessie Camm Steve Bannon Nabi Tajima
gcreptile Marieke Vervoot Jessica Falkholt Johnny Hubbard Bobby Zarin Lou Henson
Wormfarmer Charlotte Rae Lauren Wasser John McCain Stefan K Stefansson Roberta McCain
Bentrovato Shane McGowan Jilly Cooper Paul McCartney David Prowse Emperor Akihito
Yorkshire Banker Reinhardt Hardegan Bobby Brown (fballer) Jessica Falkholt Barys Kit Bella Thorne
Deathray Norman Lloyd Stefan K Stefansson Val Kilmer Clive James Shane McGowan
Ericles Souza Isabel Peron Valery Giscard d'Estaing Susana Vieira Imelda Marcos Teofisto Guingoma Jr. 
Bibliogryphon Richard Overton Red Schoendienst Ennio Monicone Raymond Briggs Earl Cameron
Youwanticewiththat Clive James Chris Rea Frank Gehry Aretha Franklin Burt Reynolds

Double your points if you get a hit on the last day of the month.  All lists void beginning Feb 1, so submit new teams at that time to
avoid missed opportunities.  Remember you cannot use a name again in consecutive months.  Game On!  

Congratulations Sean with the first 5 points this year with the sad passing of Rayya Elias. And to Prophet goes 2 points. Wow!

Edit: And the Quim Reaper at 3!

Edited by theoldlady
  • Thanks 1

Wahey, that's 3 points to me too!

Though obviously it's a very sad occasion and R.I.P. and all. 

But still, wahey!

• Thanks 1