Wormfarmer

Five4Three2One Deadpool - 2018

Ouch!  I'm afraid I am going to have to lock that one in for the month.  Such a mistake from our second place team was not expected, but you have a 5 pt handicap this month EXU.  Leo passed in 2016, I remember it well.  It was the big year for rock n roll titans to go out, although I would argue that last year was just as bad with Tom Petty, Chuck Berry, Glen Campbell and Fats Domino.  I am sure you will overcome this misfire and still place well in the overall competition.  

Note:  This was my response to EXU's personal message of his team to me, before I read all the postings that occurred after his embarrassing error.  I did not expect this to happen, so I didn't specify the penalty from the get go.  But as commish I feel there should be some penalty for sloppy play, and it probably will not hurt EXU much in the long run (and not at all unless Rupert Murdoch dies in Feb).   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Can we have a new, updated scoreboard with Feb teams?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Wormfarmer said:

Ouch!  I'm afraid I am going to have to lock that one in for the month.  Such a mistake from our second place team was not expected, but you have a 5 pt handicap this month EXU.  Leo passed in 2016, I remember it well.  It was the big year for rock n roll titans to go out, although I would argue that last year was just as bad with Tom Petty, Chuck Berry, Glen Campbell and Fats Domino.  I am sure you will overcome this misfire and still place well in the overall competition.  

Note:  This was my response to EXU's personal message of his team to me, before I read all the postings that occurred after his embarrassing error.  I did not expect this to happen, so I didn't specify the penalty from the get go.  But as commish I feel there should be some penalty for sloppy play, and it probably will not hurt EXU much in the long run (and not at all unless Rupert Murdoch dies in Feb).   

I'm taking it on the chin so no worries. I'm not sure if rupertmurdoch will last too long. Shagging jerry Hall at his age, although he won't be complaining, can't be too good for the ticker. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Can we have a new, updated scoreboard with Feb teams?

That's my plan.  I still have two teams to declare their Feb lineups, but I was hoping to post the grid by the end of the day.  I also have a new entry, so if Deathray or Ericles Souza drops out for some reason, I may let the newbie in as a replacement.  It is not too late in the season to catch up and be a contender. 

• Like 1

FEB TEAMS 5 pts 4 pts 3 pts 2 pts 1 pt
The Quim Reaper (8) clive james tessa jowell marieke vervoort leslie phillips billy graham
EXU (6) DEAD (L. Cohen) yoko ono bill wyman tony bennett cleo laine
gcreptile (6) bob dole philomena lynott Genesis P-orridge tessa jowell barry crimmins
Captain Chorizo (5) marieke vervoort nobuhiku obayashi ted mack luis escheverria lindy remingo
Sean (5+5) morgan tsvangirai Brickhouse Brown Kamala (Harris)? mark gastineau barry duBois
Yorkshire Banker (3) tessa jowel prunella scales diana sera cary baroness mary wilson bessie camm
Prophet (2) boris pahor gillo dorfles hans-jochen vogel gottfried bohm peter carrington
Bentrovato raul castro norman tebbit mikhail gorbachev jimmy greaves little richard
Bibliogryphon fernando ricksen Genesis P-orridge arnold yarrow Pope B XVI marieke vervoort
BOU1 leah bracknell clive james jacques chirac barbara bush tessa jowell
Deathray          
Ericles Souza          
Fixed Business (+5) liam miller john mccain tessa jowell herman wouk dean francis
FujimoriNoMorey jozef tomko olivia deHavilland isabel peron jose jose francisco morales-bermudez
Joey Russ Genesis P-orridge vanessa goodwin nobuhiku obayashi stirling moss philomena lynott
Mr. Whit sidney poitier ian holm george HW bush james earl jones michael gambon
theoldlady nobby stiles bob dole clive james mikhail gorbachev joe jackson (dad)
Unknown Man valerie harper linda nolan kofi annan kirk douglas greg gilbert
Wormfarmer beth chapman catherine nevin don lusk leah bracknell clive james
Youwanticewiththat jose jose joe jackson (dad) catherine nevin billy graham

IM Pei                                           

• Thanks 3

I will update and refer to the above grid throughout the month of Feb.  Looks very good, people.  No substitutions needed that I can see - - the rules were followed perfectly this month (so far). 

I do have one more rule clarification that ALMOST was an issue this month.  Yorkshire Banker had Barys Kit for 2 points in Jan, and missed his death by ONE day!  He passed on the 1st of Feb, that date per wikipedia.  I had him on my draft Feb team, but for whatever reason subbed in illustrator Don Lusk at the last second before I posted my team on Feb 1st.  If I had left Barys Kit on there, the question would have been did he die before or after I posted?   So to avoid that mess in the future, anyone who gets a hit on the same day that they posted their team WILL NOT COUNT that hit, but can be substituted. 

Good luck teams, and may the Ides of February be with you.  

On 12/31/2017 at 13:18, Deathray said:

1. Leah Bracknell

2. Stefan Karl Stefanson

3. Val Kilmer

4. Clive James

5. Shane McGowan

You have forgotten to enter your February list?

On 1/3/2018 at 04:23, Éricles Souza said:

1) Isabel Perón

2) Valery Giscard d'Estaing

3) Susana Vieira

4) Imelda Marcos

5) Teofisto Guingona Jr.

What about your New February list?

Indeed.  See the grid updated on this page.  Points from previous months are notated (5), points earned in the current month will be preceded by a +.  So if you have both it will

look like (4 + 2). 

Also, I am considering letting mad hatter2's entry in for Feb.  If one of the two outstanding teams have not submitted a team by the morning of the 11th, I will make it official.  Deathray and E. Souza would both still be in the competition, but the last of them to submit a team must sit out for Feb (no scoring).  This will carry over into all the following months: the laziest (last) entrant will sit out that month.  So it will be a league of 21 teams, with only the first 20 posting each month able to score.  This will hopefully speed up the stragglers, and I may well be the odd man out in some months!  Any serious objections?

• Like 3

feb teams

5 pts 4 pts 3 pts 2 pts 1 pt
The Quim Reaper (8+1) clive james tessa jowell marieke vervoort leslie phillips billy graham
EXU (6) DEAD yoko ono bill wyman tony bennett cleo laine
gcreptile (6) bob dole philomena lynott Genesis P-orridge tessa jowell barry crimmins
Captain Chorizo (5) marieke vervoort nobuhiku obayashi ted mack luis escheverria lindy remingo
Sean (5+5) morgan tsvangirai Brickhouse Brown Kamala (Harris)? mark gastineau barry duBois
Yorkshire Banker (3) tessa jowel prunella scales diana sera cary baroness mary wilson bessie camm
Prophet (2) boris pahor gillo dorfles hans-jochen vogel gottfried bohm peter carrington
Bentrovato raul castro norman tebbit mikhail gorbachev jimmy greaves little richard
Bibliogryphon fernando ricksen Genesis P-orridge arnold yarrow Pope B XVI marieke vervoort
BOU1 leah bracknell clive james jacques chirac barbara bush tessa jowell
Deathray          
Ericles Souza          
Fixed Business (+5) liam miller john mccain tessa jowell herman wouk dean francis
FujimoriNoMorey jozef tomko olivia deHavilland isabel peron jose jose francisco morales-bermudez
Joey Russ Genesis P-orridge vanessa goodwin nobuhiku obayashi stirling moss philomena lynott
mad hatter2 joanne woodward sidney poitier stan lee bill treacher bob dole
Mr. Whit sidney poitier ian holm GHW bush james earl jones michael gambon
theoldlady nobby stiles bob dole clive james mikhail gorbachev joe jackson (dad)
Unknown Man valerie harper linda nolan kofi annan kirk douglas greg gilbert
Wormfarmer (+4) beth chapman catherine nevin don lusk leah bracknell clive james
Youwanticewiththat (+5) jose jose joe jackson (dad) catherine nevin billy graham

IM Pei

Edited by Wormfarmer
new scores

It's done!  Last one to get their FEB team in sits out for FEB.  mad hatter2 is in, with a one month handicap to make up.  Can be easily done.  

Wow, no Prince Henriks in the list! Quite surprising. And annoying, he was my provisional 4-pointer for next month.

Morgan Tsvangirai has died. Is that the name Sean has for 5 points Perhaps?

So in the space of a day, 2/5 of my preliminary March team is gone before I could reap the rewards.

And I've lost the lead now to Sean. 

Poo, bum, piss and cock.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

So in the space of a day, 2/5 of my preliminary March team is gone before I could reap the rewards.

And I've lost the lead now to Sean. 

Poo, bum, piss and cock.

On my current form....that's my team for next month ;)

• Haha 2

On 2/14/2018 at 13:33, theoldlady said:

Morgan Tsvangirai has died. Is that the name Sean has for 5 points Perhaps?

Yes it is.  Don't know how I transcribed that one so badly.  But some of these names make absolutely no sense to a single language yank.  Scores have been updated.  By the way, I have to stop drinking at night.  Last night I dreamed that a plane carrying don lusk and clive james crashed into a cafe where beth chapman, catherine nevin and leah bracknell were having tea.  No survivors.  I woke up in a cold sweat and laughter.  

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Wormfarmer said:

Yes it is.  Don't know how I transcribed that one so badly.  But some of these names make absolutely no sense to a single language yank.  Scores have been updated.  By the way, I have to stop drinking at night.  Last night I dreamed that a plane carrying don lusk and clive james crashed into a cafe where beth chapman, catherine nevin and leah bracknell were having tea.  No survivors.  I woke up in a cold sweat and laughter.  

Can we just go along with your dream so I get the 5 points for James?

5 hours ago, Wormfarmer said:

By the way, I have to stop drinking at night.  Last night I dreamed that a plane carrying don lusk and clive james crashed into a cafe where beth chapman, catherine nevin and leah bracknell were having tea.  No survivors.  I woke up in a cold sweat and laughter.  

2 DL hits and 3 DDP hits for me, why'd you have to tease me :facepalm:

Youwanticewiththat now on the board with Catherine Nevin

Finally I am on the board, also 3 pts for Youwanticewiththat.  Many had given up on Catherine Nevin when she outlived her "months to live" diagnosis by over a year.  Those with patience can now reap the rewards.  Nobody had picked her in January.  Above table is updated.

Both Youwanticewiththat (2 points)and The Quim Reaper (1 point) score with Billy Graham. The table does not seem to be updated for Catherine Nevin, for youwanticewiththat (3 points) and Wormfarmer ( 4 points) either. Congratulations!

Aha, forgot I picked Reverend William. A solid 1 point! Nice.

8 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Both Youwanticewiththat (2 points)and The Quim Reaper (1 point) score with Billy Graham. The table does not seem to be updated for Catherine Nevin, for youwanticewiththat (3 points) and Wormfarmer ( 4 points) either. Congratulations!

How very odd.  I surely remember making the edits, as I did again just now.  I must still be green around the ears and failed to save the edits or something.  Unless it was all part of my dream with the plane and the cafe.  Seems the real flight was carrying Catherine Nevin, but the cafe was hosting Billy Graham.  Should be good now.  Lots going on lately!!  Keep em coming!

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Before any March teams start coming in, a word about the rules:

Remember you cannot use a name in consecutive months.

You cannot use a name in the same point slot that has already been posted for that month. 

And here is the rule that I may regret:  You cannot use a name twice during the year at the same point slot.  I can now see, as the game goes on, this rule is going to be extra hard to police.  It would involve me checking everyone's new list against all their previous lists.  Not too hard now, but in Nov and Dec . . . . .   This is a rule that I am thinking about dropping for next year, but for now it is part of the game.  

So I am leaving it up to each of you to police your own teams and follow the 3 rules.  I will only check for violations if there is a hit.  If a rule is then found to have been violated, there will be no score and the name will not be allowed a substitution.  You may substitute for a rule violation, IF you catch it before it becomes a hit.  Also, do not forget that if you submit a team with a dead person already on it, no substitution allowed (the EXU rule). 

I am pleased with the point progression through the first 2 months.  Scoring has been probably a little higher than I predicted, with 11 scores in Jan, and 6 so far this month.  I think it is going to be an exciting competition toward the end of the year.  You guys are good.  Thanks for playing, and looking forward to those March teams.