Wormfarmer

Five4Three2One Deadpool - 2018

Nah. April team was fucking pants. Here's my next attempt, which obviously will get me thundering victoriously back ahead of Sean and the Reptile.

Quim's May Malingerers:

1) George Herbert Walker Bush

2) John McCain

3) Fernando Ricksen

4) Kenny Rogers

5) Chiyo Miyako

5 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Nah. April team was fucking pants. Here's my next attempt, which obviously will get me thundering victoriously back ahead of Sean and the Reptile.

Quim's May Malingerers:

1) George Herbert Walker Bush

2) John McCain

3) Fernando Ricksen

4) Kenny Rogers

5) Chiyo Miyako

Almost everybody drank a protein shake in april, Quim.  Ha - I thought you had fallen into a pitfall so soon after the new 1 post per month rule, but you are a clever one.  More on that when I post my team soon . . . . . 

Just a reminder that starting this month, your first posted team is your team for the month, mistakes and all.  If you play someone who is already dead, or that violates one of the 3 rules of the game, you will play the month with no chance for scoring at that slot.   When I first saw Quim Reaper's Team, I thought he had been the first to slip up as he put John McCain in the 4 point spot after Exu had already posted him there.  But lo and behold, the wily Quim made a legal pick as Exu played McCain last month, thus violating the consecutive months rule.  So McCain is an active pick for Quim, while Exu will play short handed in May.  Nice job, Quim.  That's why he's in 3rd place and a contender.  

I don't usually like to forego my shot at the double point potential on the last day of the month, but this month I am going to submit my team early as I think getting Bush on the roster is going to be a good move.  He's grieving AND feeble, not a good combination even for a tough old bastard such as he.  

I have updated April scores to include a 4 pt hit by Sean (Michael Anderson), which gives us a new leader by a single pt margin.  I will post a May table once we get most of the teams in.  

My May team:

rosalyn carter

Kenny Rogers

GHW Bush

Jose Jose

danny farquhar

• Like 2

May:

1. Nobby Stiles

2. Le Duc Anh

3. Hector Timerman

4. Karolos Papoulias

5. Corey Struggs

Thank You!

May

1. John Hume

2. Estelle Harris

3. Nobby Stiles

4. George Bush Sr

5. Stirling Moss

1.Le Duc Anh
2.Ted Mack
3.Melinda Whale
4.John McCain
5.George Herbert Walker Bush

*Ted Mack was picked in Feb in diff spot
The rest are all first time picks on my team

My May Team

1. Earl Cameron

2. IM Pei

3. Richard Overton

4. Red Schoendienst 

5. Ennio Morricone 

My May team:

1. John McCain

2. Katherine Jackson (Michael Jackson's mother)

3. Aretha Franklin

4. Bob Dole

5. Lorna Luft

(I had Bob Dole in the second slot in February. The rest are New Choices.)

1. Matt Cappotelli 

2. Tessa Jowell 

3. Le Duc Anh 

4. Lindy Remigino

5. John McCain 

A boring bunch for May:

1. Akihito

2. David Prowse

3. Jill Gascoine

4. Benny XVI

5. Phil the Greek

Can I play?  I know I can’t win but who cares?  I think I can catch up in one month :P

Granted I gotta wait til DDT turns in his Cup team cuz I’ll be borrowing from mine.

SC

1) David Goodall

2)Nobby Stiles

3) Katherine Jackson

4) Ray Wilson (football) 

5) Johnny Clegg

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Can I play?  I know I can’t win but who cares?  

My good Mr. Creep, Sir. 

My goal was to limit this pool to 20 players, which I got from the get-go in Jan.  However, several entrants have ceased to put teams in for the last few months, and we have also had several other latecomers to the game, so the monthly total is still hovering around 20.  What I decided was that the game could accommodate a few more than 20, but only the first 20 to enter a team for the month play that month (so #21 on have to sit it out).  I think with the number of "active" entries there shouldn't be any controversy in letting you in.  I only ask that you browse the history and get the rules down, then c'mon and play!  

I promise no hard feelings if you’d prefer I chip in in 2019.  Looks like teams sticking to popular names so I suppose I can abide by that in general lol.  

10 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I promise no hard feelings if you’d prefer I chip in in 2019.  Looks like teams sticking to popular names so I suppose I can abide by that in general lol.  

No, no.  Sorry if I made it sound like I was reluctant.  You are welcome to join up.  Maybe you could even still win this thing.  

1)John Cruickshank

2)Jerry Maren

3)John Paul Stevens

4)Prem Tinsulalonda

5)Le Duc Anh

Here goes Sir Creep’s Cinco Muerto

*1. Pat Bowlen

2. Mike Cappotelli

3. Stefan Stefansson

*4. Ted Dabney

**5. Renee Simonot 

*part of my Cup entry team turned in 16 hours ago lol. 

**Cup team alternate

Note:  yeah I know.... I got caught up getting school things at Walmart for my daughter..... had this ready to launch but outside of WiFi the DL page won’t load on a phone.  So I’m posting now lol.  Well ignore as you wish, this was the team I had typed in 8 hours ago lol.

SC

MAY TEAMS 5 pts 4 pts 3 pts 2 pts 1 pt
Sean (18) john cruickshank jerry maren (CM vio) john paul stevens prem tinsulalonda Le Duc Anh
gcreptile (17) nobby stiles Le Duc Anh hector timerman karolosp papoulias corey struggs
The Quim Reaper (13) George HW Bush john mccain fernando ricksen kenny rogers chiyo miyako
Captain Chorizo (7) Le Duc Anh ted mack melinda whale? john mccain George HW Bush
EXU (6) leah bracknell violation: rule CM chris rea leslie phillips Stefan K Stefansson
Prophet (6)          
Wormfarmer (6) rosalyn carter kenny rogers George HW Bush jose jose danny farquhar
Fixed Business (5+5+2) david goodall nobby stiles katherine jackson ray wilson (fball) johnny clegg
Joey Russ (5+4) matt cappotelli tessa jowell Le Duc Anh lindy remigino john mccain
Youwanticewiththat (5)          
BOU1 (4) don lusk leah bracknell john mccain George HW Bush jose jose
Yorkshire Banker (3) Denis Goldberg George HW Bush vera lynn june spencer esther jenner
Bentrovato akihito david prowse jill gascoigne Pope B XVI phil the greek
Bibliogryphon earl cameron IM Pei richard overton red Schoendienst ennio morricone
Deathray          
ebless  John Hume estelle harris nobby stiles violation: rule PST violation: rule CM
FujimoriNoMorey anne baker lucia hiriart javier p deCuellar olivia deHavilland violation: rule UPS
theoldlady john mccain katherine jackson aretha franklin bob dole lorna luft
Unknown Man          
Sir Creep - new (+2) pat bowlen mike cappotelli Stefan K Stefansson ted dabney renee simonot

violations: PST = Point slot taken, CM = consecutive months, UPS = used at that point slot previously, AD = already dead
some violations may not be caught by me unless a hit occurs, then I will check thoroughly for them  
If you miss 2 consecutive months submitting a team, and have not yet scored, I am dropping you from the lineup.    
   ericles souza, mr. whit and mad hatter2 are dropped this month      
Edited by Wormfarmer
Sir Creep already gets on the board. . . I see Capn's post about some TV hosts wife, but not sure yet if she qualifies. Anyone know if she's got any resume at all? Of course I thought Rayya Elias was a longshot, but the DDP said yes, so what do I know?
  • Thanks 2

Only one picked Jowell; four points to Roey! She was in my June preliminary list for fuck sake.

May hang on another couple of days for the hospitalised hard-partier GHWB, but by and large it seems to be another pile of shit for me :tantrum: