Wormfarmer

Five4Three2One Deadpool - 2018

On 12/06/2018 at 11:28, Toast said:

I'll be shocked if he doesn't.

Two days later, and he still hasn’t received a QO. I think since Colloseum isn’t one of the biggest or most influential names in prog and the fact that many other Jazz Fusion names from bigger bands didn’t obit, I don’t think he’ll get the obit, especially since he already got one from the NYT...

38 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Two days later, and he still hasn’t received a QO. I think since Colloseum isn’t one of the biggest or most influential names in prog and the fact that many other Jazz Fusion names from bigger bands didn’t obit, I don’t think he’ll get the obit, especially since he already got one from the NYT...

FFS Joey, haven't you learnt yet that obituaries don't always appear instantly?  Two days!  have some patience.

If the NYT gave him an obit (which they did), then say no more.  Joey gets a point.  Table updated.

On 31/05/2018 at 03:09, Sir Creep said:

Sir Creep's JUNE 'birthday month special' offerings:

1. Bishop Francis Quinn
2. Angie Douthit
3. John McCain

4. George Bush Sr

5. Nobby Stiles

Well THERE  ^^^ was a straight up pile of excrement for June.  Only thing I see is Quinn a slight possibility for 5/10 points, and I think it's time we get into this game and make some noise, and foregoing any possible Quinn points for a solid July lineup seems a smart play.  Guess I can substitute should a couple of these folks drop like flies.  And I'm sure 1 or 2 will (Note I already replaced Krauthammer waiting to post this).  But let's set the foundation, put some pressure on the others contestants, and go from there.

I am attaching my previous month's entry so you can see I violate no back to back rules. 

Sir Creep's JULY entry:
1. Joe Jackson (88)
2. Begum Kulsoom Nawaz
3. Matt Cappotelli  (was my #2 in May)
4. Colin Butts
5. Meng Lang

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Well THERE  ^^^ was a straight up pile of excrement for June.  Only thing I see is Quinn a slight possibility for 5/10 points, and I think it's time we get into this game and make some noise, and foregoing any possible Quinn points for a solid July lineup seems a smart play.  Guess I can substitute should a couple of these folks drop like flies.  And I'm sure 1 or 2 will (Note I already replaced Krauthammer waiting to post this).  But let's set the foundation, put some pressure on the others contestants, and go from there.

I am attaching my previous month's entry so you can see I violate no back to back rules. 

Sir Creep's JULY entry:
1. Joe Jackson (88)
2. Begum Kulsoom Nawaz
4. Colin Butts
5. Meng Lang

Fucking bastard! *changed preliminary list*

28 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Fucking bastard! *changed preliminary list*

meh he'll likely die.  Krauthammer did the deed and everyone moved up lol

13 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Sir Creep's JULY entry:
1. Joe Jackson (88)
2. Begum Kulsoom Nawaz
4. Colin Butts
5. Meng Lang

This certainly can cause some challenges to the other players. :). However do be aware that you cannot change the list once it is submited, thus no substitutions, this is the risk one takes when one enters their team before the end of the month. So if Joe Jackson, for example, dies in June it will be seen as a violation since you will have picked someone who already has died (see the month where someone chose Leonard Cohen who had been dead several months already.) Also you have now given up any points you might have received if Bush, McCain, etc. die this week, even double points they pass away the last day of the month. Bold move though. See if it pays off!

31 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

This certainly can cause some challenges to the other players. :). However do be aware that you cannot change the list once it is submited, thus no substitutions, this is the risk one takes when one enters their team before the end of the month. So if Joe Jackson, for example, dies in June it will be seen as a violation since you will have picked someone who already has died (see the month where someone chose Leonard Cohen who had been dead several months already.) Also you have now given up any points you might have received if Bush, McCain, etc. die this week, even double points they pass away the last day of the month. Bold move though. See if it pays off!

I think you are allowed a replacement,but if Joe Jackson dies before July 1 then whoever SirCreep thinks is the 6th best option is his replacement and SC can't move 2 up to 1 spot etc.

On 24/06/2018 at 01:36, CaptainChorizo said:

I think you are allowed a replacement,but if Joe Jackson dies before July 1 then whoever SirCreep thinks is the 6th best option is his replacement and SC can't move 2 up to 1 spot etc.

Horsepucky.  

Edit: I stand corrected.  Can't say I'm keen on the rule but I think you are correct in interpretation (though it isn't stated precisely).  So my #1 died, but despite only one other team posted I can't move people around, so the other four are who they are (though clearly they would move up a peg) so my only filler is to come up with a new #1.

And so I shall: Somnath Chatterjee

So here we are:
Sir Creep's JULY entry:
1. Somnath Chatterjee
2. Begum Kulsoom Nawaz
4. Colin Butts
5. Meng Lang

If I can join I would like to enter this team next month

1. Vera Lynn

2.Gina Lollobrigida

3.Ian St. John

4.Estelle Harris

5.Dennis Norden

On 23/06/2018 at 23:04, theoldlady said:

Thank you for chiming in.  The difference here is that Leo Cohen was already dead when he was picked, and had been well documented with obits.  So the pick was a sloppy one and thus no relief was granted.  In this case, Joe Jackson was alive when he was picked, he just died before the eligibility period for scoring had begun.  So I will allow the substitution.  But the rule stating no shuffling of other picks stands, because in this pool, that affects the lists of other players (who can't select the same names at the same point spots), potentially causing a chain reaction of violations and chaos.  So Sir Creep has done it correctly.   Thanks, and carry on!

On 25/06/2018 at 20:10, WoukThisWay said:

If I can join I would like to enter this team next month

1. Vera Lynn

2.Gina Lollobrigida

3.Ian St. John

4.Estelle Harris

5.Dennis Norden

If we don't reach our limit of 20 entries for the month (which we usually don't) - I will add you to the game!  Check back a few days into July when I will post the grid for the month.

Because I don't want to check the other posts I will take five names that nobody will pick.

1. Mario Adorf

2. Somnath Chatterjee

3. Irrfan Khan

4. Kåre Willoch

5. Manohar Parrikar

I think I will get 0 hits this month ...

1-George Bush Sr (4th in May)

2- Renee Simonot (1st in Jan)

3- Katherine Johnson

4- Katherine Jackson

5-Morgan Freeman

Fuck it. The surviving names on my June team are either not going to die or not going to obit. 

1. Spencer P Jones

2. Pete Frates

3. Kulsoom Nawaz

4. Hector Timerman

5. Genesis P-Orridge

Having yet another mare this month. I'm going to hunt down Leah tomorrow and shout her to death for 10 points thank you very much please.

3 hours ago, Prophet said:

Because I don't want to check the other posts I will take five names that nobody will pick.

1. Mario Adorf

2. Somnath Chatterjee

3. Irrfan Khan

4. Kåre Willoch

5. Manohar Parrikar

I think I will get 0 hits this month ...

Oh my goodness! Is Kåre Willoch dying? Best political mind Norway has had in modern times. Also it seems you need to update your Shadowlist as Tessa Jowell and Mary Wilson have passed.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Fuck it. The surviving names on my June team are either not going to die or not going to obit. 

1. Spencer P Jones

2. Pete Frates

3. Kulsoom Nawaz

4. Hector Timerman

5. Genesis P-Orridge

Totally didn't have Colin Butts on my July squad, honest. *innocent face*

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 03:57, Sir Creep said:

Sir Creep's JULY entry:
1.Joe Jackson
2. Begum Kulsoom Nawaz
4. Colin Butts

5. Meng Lang

Maybe you need to try the decaf, Sir Creep.  Your original submission for July already has 3 hits on it, before it even entered the eligibility period.  That is some hardcore deadpooling.  I recommend you take a few minutes to sleep and eat something.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Cappotelli a hit for me and some others

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/wrestling/matt-cappotelli-dead-38-after-12823082

And if Colin Butts UK obit comes before July 1 it puts me within reach of the leaders

There is no pressure to obit prior to July.  If Butts gets a QO within several weeks, you will score.  Nice month you had.

For July

1 John McCain
2 Denis Goldberg
3 Spencer P Jones
4 Chiyo Miyako
5 Hector Timerman

Only McCain used before and in different spot

Goddamnit:

1. Li Rui

2. Hector Timerman

3. Chiyo Miyako

4. Spencer P. Jones

5. Kirk Douglas

July: 

1: Roberta McCain 

2. Bishop Francis Quinn 

3. Steffan Lewis 

4. Mary Carlisle 

5. John McCain 

On 24/06/2018 at 05:57, Sir Creep said:

Sir Creep's JULY entry:
1.Joe Jackson
2. Begum Kulsoom Nawaz
4. Colin Butts

5. Meng Lang

Maybe you need to try the decaf, Sir Creep.  Your original submission for July already has 3 hits on it, before it even entered the eligibility period.  That is some hardcore deadpooling.  I recommend you take a few minutes to sleep and eat something.  
=============================
I wouldn't want to be those other two fuckers today.  
Well then..... I haven't time to research a ton.  

Though I see my next name Liliane Montevecchi died as soon as I wrote her name down a few days ago. Sonvoabitch.

Sir Creep's unlikely to live to see JULY entry:
1. Somnath Chatterjee
2. Begum Kulsoom Nawaz
3. Gavin Allen
4. Mike Willesee
5. Meng Lang