Wormfarmer

Five4Three2One Deadpool - 2018

Look at theoldlady with a solo and 5-pointer for Remigino!  Well done well done indeed!

• Thanks 1

@theoldlady is on fire this month! 4 points for Chiyo too; 3 to gc and 2 to Chorizo (who has overtaken me, the fucker)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Big wobbly bollocks to this, I need an end to my death drought!

Quim's August 'Angers-on

1) Lê Đức Anh

2) Spencer P Jones

3) Loretta Lynn

4) Clive James

5) Leah Bracknell (for the fourth poxy time this year :angry:)

I’m going for :-

1) Jimmy Greaves

2) Kirk Douglas

3) Stefan Karl Stefannsson

4) John McCain

5) Gerd Muller

5 pts Kane Tanaka

4 pts Lucia Hiriart

3 pts Sister Wendy Beckett

2 pts Pope Benedict XVI

1 pts  Cher

1. Pope Benedict XVI

2. Marieke Vervoot 

3. Clive James

4. Fernando Ricksen

5. Genesis P.Orridge

1. Jean-Louis Trintignant

2. Pauline Maroney

3. M Karunanidhi

4. ND Tiwari

5. Sumner Redstone

Once more unto the breach with some August hopefuls. 

1. Roy Emerson

2. Pearl Lavinia Carr

3. Sheila Mercier

4. Willie Nelson

5. Ken Kercheval

Let’s try this one: 

1. Jarrod Lyle

2. Jean Louis Tritignant

3. Maartin Allcock

4. Stuart Fraser

5. Fernando Ricksen 

1. Sri Sri Shamalamadingdong

2. Leah Bracknell

3. Simon Ricketts

4. Stefan Karl Stefansson

5. Nobby Stiles

August

1. Craig   Ted Mack
2.Jarrod Lyle
3.Bishop Francis Quinn
4.Jean-Louis Trintignant
5.Stefan Karl Stefansson

1. Spencer P Jones

2. ND Tiwari

3. Jarrod Lyle

4. Doug Silsbee

5. Masazo Nonaka

My team for August:

1. Li Rui

2. Le Duc Anh

3.  Leah Bracknell (have had her 1st and 4th other times)

4. Jose Jose (have had him 3rd place another time)

5. Clive James (have had him in 2, 3 and 4th other months)

This time I try to pick some better candidates:

1. Boris Pahor

2. Pope Benedict

3. George H.W Bush

4. Bill Turnbull

5. Leslie Philips

• Like 1

AUG TEAMS 5 pts 4 pts 3 pts 2 pts 1 pt
gcreptile (20) +3 Jean Louis Trintignant Pauline Maroney
M Karunanidhi
ND Tiwari Sumner Redstone
Sean (18)          
Captain Chorizo (14)+4+1 ted mack jarrod lyle bishop frances quinn Jean Louis Trintignant Stefan K Stefansson
The Quim Reaper (13)+4 Le Duc Anh spencer p jones loretta lynn clive james leah bracknell
Fixed Business (12) +2 shivakamara swamigalu leah bracknell simon ricketts Stefan K Stefansson nobby stiles
Joey Russ (10) +5 jarrod lyle Jean Louis Trintignant Martin Allcock stuart fraser fernando ricksen
theoldlady (9) li rui le duc anh leah bracknell jose jose clive james
EXU (6) +3 +2 jimmy greaves kirk douglas Stefan K Stefansson john mccain gerd muller
Prophet (6) boris pahor pope ben XVI george hw bush bill turnbull leslie phillips
Wormfarmer (6) +4 richard a overton mary carlisle kirk douglas Roberta McCain herman wouk
Youwanticewiththat (5)          
BOU1 (4) kane tanaka lucia hiriart sister wendy beckett pope ben XVI cher
Yorkshire Banker (3) janet baker vera lynn brian blessed Juliette greco peter sutcliffe
Sir Creep (2) +3 +5 Spencer P Jones ND Tiwari jarrod lyle doug silsbee - DOA masazo nonaka
Bentrovato Roy Emerson Pearl Lavinia Carr sheila mercier willie nelson ken kercherval
Bibliogryphon pope ben XVI marieke vervoort clive james fernando ricksen genesis P-Orridge
ebless           
FujimoriNoMorey          
Wouk This Way  Olivia deHavilland betty white shane macGowan lata mangeshkar george chuvalo
The Slavic Death           

It has been a busy month so far!  Anyone willing to jump out of all this action early?? 

Well, yes, it's Quim, first to bail out with over a week left to go in Aug.  The McCain grab will not work for him, however, as he can't survive Aug.  Now if Le Duc Anh goes, that will REALLY bite him in the arse. . . 

Now I'M counting on mama bear to give out in the next 5 days for 2 pts.  You can bet I won't be getting out early.  

Edited by Wormfarmer
McCain is the latest. HUGE month so far
  • Like 1

Another slow summer month in July, except for theoldlady, who makes huge strides up the leaderboard.  Also another month with a lack of time for my own research, so I will again go with a list of brown bananas and see what drops off the tree (see my list in the table above).  Still hoping for a few more entries, I will edit them in as they come in.

Ahhh . . .  a potential controversy.  I was reluctant to give up my shot at double points in July, so I submitted my list a couple of hours into the first day of August (my time) and had Mary Carlisle in the 4 spot.  Around 14 hours later, I check the obits and lo and behold, Mary is on the list!  Because I don't know exactly when she died and have no proof that my list was submitted prior to her death, my points are suspect.  I intended to address this possibility with a rule, but I cannot find if I ever did post it, and now it is here to bite me.  (By the way, does anybody know a way to "skim" through a long thread by looking at posts from one particular member only?  It would be helpful for me to be able to do that rather than have to read through 14 pages of past chatter to find a particular post.)  I hate to give up a justly earned 4 points, but the only way to be fair is to scratch Mary from my list and treat her as a DOA that happened before my list became active.  In that scenario, I can at least invoke the rule set forth in June when Sir Creep had Joe Jackson who died prior to his list becoming active, and allow myself a substitution.  I would like to sub allergist William Frankland in at the 4 spot.  Does anyone have a vote of support or opposition to this? (No sub made, Mary Carlisle score stands, see arguments below).

Edited by Wormfarmer

According to the facebook post, Mary Carlisle died at 02:28 on the morning of August 1. Assuming she died in LA, California local time.

This is a tricky one. For my part it is ok for you to substitute a New name since she died before you submitted your list, and as there was no way for you to know about her death and the timing was so Tight and the announcement came a few hours later no doubt. I think the Sir Creep rule applies here. 

Edit: maybe next month we should include the exact time we enter our predictions. I live in Norway so I would be 1 hour ahead of the Brits and usually 9 hours ahead of the folks in California (8/10 hours ahead during the Daylight Savings time changes.) Also since she is reported to have died at 02:28 by the YoungWillz in the previous posting and she was in LA, and if Wormey is in California and submitted just a little over Midnight, then he has earned his 4 points! Lucky boy indeed!

Edited by theoldlady

9 hours ago, Wormfarmer said:

Ahhh . . .  a potential controversy.  I was reluctant to give up my shot at double points in July, so I submitted my list a couple of hours into the first day of August (my time) and had Mary Carlisle in the 4 spot.  Around 14 hours later, I check the obits and lo and behold, Mary is on the list!  Because I don't know exactly when she died and have no proof that my list was submitted prior to her death, my points are suspect.  I intended to address this possibility with a rule, but I cannot find if I ever did post it, and now it is here to bite me.  (By the way, does anybody know a way to "skim" through a long thread by looking at posts from one particular member only?  It would be helpful for me to be able to do that rather than have to read through 14 pages of past chatter to find a particular post.)  I hate to give up a justly earned 4 points, but the only way to be fair is to scratch Mary from my list and treat her as a DOA that happened before my list became active.  In that scenario, I can at least invoke the rule set forth in June when Sir Creep had Joe Jackson who died prior to his list becoming active, and allow myself a substitution.  I would like to sub allergist William Frankland in at the 4 spot.  Does anyone have a vote of support or opposition to this?

For starters, my interpretation is submitting a list on a day PRIOR TO the last day of the month negates the last day(s) of the month.  We are practical folk -- you don't negate your entry by submitting the next entry on the month's final day....as when the hell else are you supposed to submit it?  You were fine to submit your list without jeopardizing points.  If this is an incorrect interpretation, speak now Admin....and while doing so, feel free to answer the 'when the hell else' question.

SirC 

(Edit -- as for Wormfarmer, a mea culpa has been posted and I say give WF the points, clearly there was no foreknowledge).

• Like 1

Personally @Wormfarmer I would suggest that if the time of your post of picks was before the earliest announcement of Carlisle’s death, you get the points. And I can’t find any announcement of her death that didn’t happen after the time you posted your team, so I’d say you got away with this one!

• Like 2

I'd give Wormfarmer the points, too.

I'm not in the game but I agree with gcreptile, TQR and Sir Creep.

• Like 1

Mary Carlisle - continued . . .

It looks like all support is favoring my scoring of Mary Carlisle.  My intention in choosing a replacement instead was to head off future potential controversy when lists are submitted and obits arrive on the same day, without any time stamp of death, thus bringing up the question: Which came first - the list or the death?  I am very impressed by those of you who could actually track down the time stamp on someone like Mary Carlisle - I evidently have a lot to learn about research and obits.  Can this be done for most anybody?  If I can count on some of you professionals to track this down in the event of any future simultaneous list/deaths, I would say we have a solution!   

Thanks for the votes of confidence and I will update the table.  I can use the points.