Five4Three2One Deadpool - 2018

23 hours ago, Prophet said:

December team:

1. Johnny Clegg

2. Bill Turnbull

3. George Alagiah

4. Sheila Mercier

5. Fernando Ricksen

I replace Fernando Ricksen with Andrew McGahan.

4 minutes ago, Prophet said:

I don’t think changing names after seeing other people pick someone is allowed...

• Like 1

Father Quim-mas's Kill List:

1) Chris Rea

2) Shane MacGowan

3) Noddy Holder

4) Brenda Lee

5) Roy Wood

• Like 1

OK, here's my last hurrah:

bob barker

beth chapman

kane tanaka

Richard A Overton

loongkoonan

I almost put beth chapman at the top spot, but noticed I already had her there way back in Feb.  Whew, that was close.

3 hours ago, Prophet said:

Actually, replacing any name is not allowed, unless the name dies prior to the start of the month.  I just checked and didn't see anything on Ricksen's passing.  Prophet?

I'm signing off with

Ian St john

Olivia de Havilland

Michael Schumacher

Lenny Johnrose

Phil the Greek

Thank you and goodnight

1Bill Freehan
2Simon Ricketts
3 Camilla Skovgaard
4 Andrew McGahan
5Dennis Goldberg

1. Jean Louis Trintignant (New)

2. Greg Gilbert (New)

3: David Prowse (1,2,4,5)

4. Nobby Stiles (1,2,3,5)

5. Yoko Ono (4)

7 hours ago, Wormfarmer said:

Actually, replacing any name is not allowed, unless the name dies prior to the start of the month.  I just checked and didn't see anything on Ricksen's passing.  Prophet?

I replaced Ricksen on 30 November, that was before the game started.

I'm replacing Bill Freehan with George Bush Sr, good for 4 points.  See, I'm not greedy.

• Haha 1

Time to make the last master list of 2018. Hope you are ok Worm Farmer. :salute:

On 01/12/2018 at 03:24, Wormfarmer said:

.....decided to try a New poll.....

Hi Wormfarmer! Are you going to re-do this same game for 2019? Hope so! :)

• Like 1

On 08/12/2018 at 08:15, theoldlady said:

Time to make the last master list of 2018. Hope you are ok Worm Farmer. :salute:

Sorry about that!  I was waiting for the last entry from Yorkshire Banker to come in and never saw that it was posted.  I am getting too many pools running and lost track of this one.  I am working on the final grid now and will have it posted today.  Thanks for playing and staying up with it!

• Like 2

Things have sure slowed down at the end of the year!  Could that mean a huge rush at the finish??  Looks like 13 teams have made the full race to the end.  GCReptile looks like a sure lock to win the inaugural contest, even with a double points week coming up at the end of the month.  I have a lot of pools going these days (either I am running or playing), so I am unsure about if I will restart this one for 2019.  If I do, it will probably start a week late into Jan, and I will change a couple of the rules to make it less complicated what names you can enter each month.  I do appreciate the effort the 12 of you have put in, and hope that Sean is back up and running soon.  Here is the final set of 2018 teams!   As always, please check your lists for accuracy.

DEC Teams          
gcreptile (27) li rui camille skovgaard andrew mcgahan jean louis trintignant tim conway
Captain Chorizo (19) +8 bill freehan simon ricketts (x2) camille skovgaard andrew mcgahan denis goldberg
Sean (18)          
The Quim Reaper (17) chris rea shane mcgowan noddy holder brenda lee roy wood
Joey Russ (17)  camille skovgaard andrew mcgahan j l trintignant barry dubois michael murphy
Sir Creep (15) andrew mcgahan bill freehan beth chapman paul farnes bob barker
Fixed Business (14)          
EXU (11) ian st. john olivia deHavilland michael schumacher lenny johnrose phil the greek
Wormfarmer (10) +4 bob barker beth chapman kane tanaka richard a overton (x2) loongkoonan
theoldlady (9) j l trintignant greg gilbert david prowse nobby stiles yoko ono
Prophet (6) johnny clegg bill turnbull george alagiah sheila mercier fernando ricksen
Youwanticewiththat (5)          
BOU1 (4) +2 lucia hiriart robert mugabe george soros stirling moss don lusk (x2)
Yorkshire Banker (3) vera lynn lessie brown barbara barrie gerry o'hara freda dowie
Bentrovato tommy steele englebert humperdink paul volcker marty wilde imelda marcos
Bibliogryphon genesis p-orridge arnold yarrow pope ben xvi marieke vervoort clive james
The Slavic Death           
Wouk This Way           

A potential final standings board above, unless we get the QO for Skovgaard.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A Skovgaard obit would put me at 31, Joey and Cpt. Chorizo at 22.

Wormfarmer would get double points for Overton with a QO.

Congratulations! You are right! Looks like we might have a tie! If you get double points for Simon Ricketts you will be tied with Gcreptile! The excitement grows! :hatsoff:

Give them a 1-month playoff

I'm flying back right now to kill Chris Rea and get in with this tie-break action.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I'm flying back right now to kill Chris Rea and get in with this tie-break action.

tZvEv2h1e8CI.gif

Don Lusk another double points hit, 2 points for Bou (with QO)

On 30/12/2018 at 15:36, Sir Creep said:

Give them a 1-month playoff

I HATE to play a whole year and end it in a tie!   One tiebreaking criteria I use in another pool is that the player to reach the high score first, breaks the tie.  In this case GCreptile would hang onto the trophy, and Cap Cho would have needed one more point to take it away.   However, I have been through all 19 pages of this thread and cannot find that I ever proposed the rule for this pool.  So, I think I would like to take Sir Creep's idea and try to break the tie ASAP with a playoff.  Both teams please submit a 10 name list via PM to me ASAP, which I will then post to the thread.  It will be a sudden death playoff, ther first one to get any hit with a QO will win.  If the hit occurs on both lists, the one who had the name nearer the top will win.  We will crown a winner yet!  

I will start a new thread within a few days for the 2019 version of this pool, so check back if you are interested in trying again.  It will be a little less complicated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2