gcreptile

The Dead of 2018

On 2-1-2018 at 16:44, Thatcher said:

Rick Hall, American record producer, songwriter and owner of the FAME Studios, has died aged 85. He wrote songs for George Jones and Brenda Lee, whilst his recording studios were used by artists such as Aretha Franklin, Little Richard, The Rolling Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Gregg Allman. 

Edit: Daily MailThe Guardian, The Telegraph obituaries.

So he was THE Hall of FAME?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I understand that this is not the proper thread for this post.  However, I have never been so moved to express myself and the correct thread has been locked.  With all due respect to Bobby Muggs, I must categorically state that Joey Russ, is NOT a racist.

I feel so much better getting this off my chest.

Zoey is black, therefore a tribal hated of whites, so I disagree.....

**caveat being he isn't a 16 yo yank ffs.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Died in October last year.

When you're 96 you've outlived everyone you knew and no one left to announce when you die.  Makes sense to me.
SC

46 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

When you're 96 you've outlived everyone you knew and no one left to announce when you die.  Makes sense to me.
SC

But when you are counting he died last year. Not 2018. Which is this thread or am I dying and trying to live a year longer.

59 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

But when you are counting he died last year. Not 2018. Which is this thread or am I dying and trying to live a year longer.

Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China, but hey....

7 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China, but hey....

Apologies . Replied to something in another thread. But while we are on the subject of tea and China, do you go black or green?

Oh and Landers died last year and this thread is for people who died in 2018.

To fulfill the YoungWillz request (I can't do this for everyone, obviously): Harry Landers role in Rear Window is small but vital. He's the date Miss Lonely Hearts brings back to her apartment, only to toss out of the flat when he gets a bit hands on. She then seems to threaten suicide, which is one of the turning points in Jimmy Stewart's character from only thinking about himself into thinking about Grace Kelly and his neighbours. Pivotal.

• Like 1

He was listed as having died this week on wikipedia

45 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

He was listed as having died this week on wikipedia

It clearly says "death announced on this date".

• Like 3

2 hours ago, viGnoS said:

Hell yeah, Deathrace points already awarded on the strength of this which should do for DDP if anyone's got her there: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/france-gall-dead-french-singer-eurovision-michel-berger-a8146276.html

Independent isn't a source afaik. BBC have her, so all good.

The I is a source though, which is the Independent, afaik? I'm a little confused on that one, though.

Chris Tsangarides, British record producer and sounder engineer, has died aged 61. He worked with a variety of artists, including Judas Priest, Thin Lizzy, Tom Jones and The Tragically Hip.

13 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Chris Tsangarides, British record producer and sounder engineer, has died aged 61. He worked with a variety of artists, including Judas Priest, Thin Lizzy, Tom Jones and The Tragically Hip.

A list of albums produced by Tsangarides.  Quite impressive.  Apparently was in a medically induced coma in 2014, (Legionnaire's disease) so surprised if he wasn't ever mentioned.
SC

Of course France Gall will obit. As well as Eurovision, she's one of the most well known French singers there is even if she never did much over here. 

Chris Tsangarides was a nearby neighbour, living as he did in Kingsdown. So that corner of East Kent loses another celeb - there'll only be Jan Leeming (who lives in Walmer) left at this rate.

I think my sister's personal team - Drop Dead Celebration (yes, our individual teams are both named after Siouxsie And The Banshees songs) - may have put France Gall in her team. I point blank refused...

22 hours ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Of course France Gall will obit.

**cough cough** Michel Delpech, a-hem....*clears throat*....

48 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

**cough cough** Michel Delpech, a-hem....*clears throat*....

Beeb obit.

Delpech was somewhat more obscure.

• Like 2