gcreptile

The Dead of 2018

15 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Former piper for the Queen of England Gordon Webster has died aged 59. Wasn’t on my long list, but looking at his Facebook page I suspect a few people knew about him...

charon? Are you Roey?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Eric Bristow dead according to several folk on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/OfficialPDC/status/981997053470564352 https://twitter.com/OfficialPDC/status/981997053470564352

Could a mod please move this to the darts thread - 99% sure there is one, but can't find it.

Edit: Shit, the Andy Fordham one right?

When he was on Pointless Celebrities not long ago I was momentarily confused because I thought he'd died a couple of years ago. I don't know who I was thinking of, perhaps it was a premonition.  

Chucked out on a treble twenty. 

• Like 1

Not long after Jim Bowen - Tony Green for the treble?

Wow....that's quite a huge name, that. 
He was the king of darts when I played all the time.
RIP Mr. Bristow.

8 hours ago, WholfOfTheDead said:

Wasn't Bristow in the jungle?

Yes, but  he'd fallen from there to the point he found himself in Liverpool at the moment he died!

• Haha 1

Sheila Link, a former college music major and bass player who transformed her life to pursue altogether different passions — firearms and the outdoors — becoming a noted authority on both, died on March 30 at her home in Palm Desert, Calif. She was 94.  The cause was pneumonia.

As a sportswoman, hunter and raconteur, Mrs. Link channeled her enthusiasms into leading gun-safety workshops and arduous survival expeditions along with writing books and magazine articles, including a column in Women & Guns magazine.

I used to subscribe to that.  No wait...that was Women WITH Guns
SC
(Now she's the missing Link!)

Report of the death of Gertrude Jeannette, African-American actress and DDP pick, aged 103:

According to an obituary from the Kevin Brennan Family Funeral Home, Jerold A. Binkley passed away Friday, April 6.  He was the founder of the Topeka (KS) Tulip Festival.  The festival was named one of "America's Top 100 Events" in 2016. It takes place from April 6-23, and features more than 120,000 tulips and daffodils in several locations around Topeka.

In a twist of fate, Jerold will now be pushing up daisies.  (Only reason I posted this worthless obit was to say that)
SC

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

According to an obituary from the Kevin Brennan Family Funeral Home, Jerold A. Binkley passed away Friday, April 6.  He was the founder of the Topeka (KS) Tulip Festival.  The festival was named one of "America's Top 100 Events" in 2016. It takes place from April 6-23, and features more than 120,000 tulips and daffodils in several locations around Topeka.

In a twist of fate, Jerold will now be pushing up daisies.  (Only reason I posted this worthless obit was to say that)
SC

smfh.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

• Like 1

Big thumbs up for any Ween reference.  

Bernie Ching, a founding member of the 1960s recording group The Surfers, died Friday in Honolulu. He was 79.

Ching grew up in central Honolulu, and attended Glendale Junior College in California. It was there that he and three other young islanders — Pat Sylva and Alan and Clayton Naluai — founded the Surfers while they were taking a college choir class. 

A recording contract with Hi-Fi Records, a mainland record label, resulted in the quartet’s first albums — “On the Rocks,” “At High Tide,” “Christmas From Hawaii” and “The Islands Call.”

The Surfers were later signed by another national label, Decca, which billed them for a while as “the Hawaiian Surfers” to set them apart from all the surf-rock bands of the 1960s.

The group also sang backing vocals on the Elvis Presley movie soundtrack album, “Blue Hawaii,” although they were not mentioned in the production credits.
Here is a link to the group's history.
SC

The sad part is that despite helping launch the careers of some of the funniest men on history she'll mostly be remembered as Pauly Shores mother.

Welsh actor Alex Beckett has died aged 36. Best known as Barney Lumsden in Twenty Twelve & W1A. Donmar Warehouse & The Way of the World company member.