gcreptile

The Dead of 2018

18 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

FTR Art Bell was awesome, and his show was incredibly entertaining.  His loss saddens Sir Creep.  

I only started listening to Coast to Coast when Ian Punnett would stand in for Art Bell. Ian was a local DJ in the Twin Cities before he moved to Arizona a few years ago.

2 hours ago, Phantom said:

I only started listening to Coast to Coast when Ian Punnett would stand in for Art Bell. Ian was a local DJ in the Twin Cities before he moved to Arizona a few years ago.

I find Ian quite listenable as well.  Mr. Bell had dulcet tones born for radio lol...well true though.  Ian and Mr. Nouri are just a couple of fellows who have taken Bell's stead.  But I enjoy their work as hosts and interviewers, too.  Of course much of the show's hocus pocus is hogwash in general, but when I am driving 14 hours to work -- many of which are through the nighttime hours -- it's good company.
SC

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

I find Ian quite listenable as well.  Mr. Bell had dulcet tones born for radio lol...well true though.  Ian and Mr. Nouri are just a couple of fellows who have taken Bell's stead.  But I enjoy their work as hosts and interviewers, too.  Of course much of the show's hocus pocus is hogwash in general, but when I am driving 14 hours to work -- many of which are through the nighttime hours -- it's good company.
SC

It was Ian's show about DB Cooper that got my attention. Also it amazed me that Ian would barely sleep for several days. He would do Coast to Coast from the radio studio in his home, then after would drive to the local radio station to do a 4 hour morning show plus turn up to appear at local charity events in the evening.

Sadly he had to quit radio due to tinnitus.

The former chairman, chief executive and first Kansan in 130 years to head the Kaw Tribal Nation has died.

Guy Munroe, a Derby businessman, died Monday. He was 77.
SC

News for those of you who were surprised to find David Edgerton still alive, he isn't any more. A whopper of a death.

One that may have been on people’s longlist due to the announcement of early stage Alzheimer’s, former Ohio State coach Earl Bruce, has died at 87...

24 minutes ago, RestInPieces said:

DJ Avicii, popular for songs such as “Wake me up” has died aged 28 in Oman.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/9683252

You’re a goddamn idiot.  The reason I’ll never be an Admin is cuz I’ve no penchant or tolerance for stupidity.

SC

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

You’re a goddamn idiot.  The reason I’ll never be an Admin is cuz I’ve no penchant or tolerance for stupidity.

SC

Sounds like a job CV to me!

:P

• Haha 1

Nabi Tajima reportedly dead at 117.

5 minutes ago, drol said:

Well, that’s me out of the cup then...

11 minutes ago, drol said:

The last one from the 19th century if I recall correctly.

It really has been a very busy week for celebrity deaths  - we've had a US first lady, an English 90s TV presenter, a world famous Swedish DJ, a comedy midget actor, and the last person in the world to be born in the 19th century all croak it in the same week!

The grim reaper must have been working overtime this week

Just now, Weebl said:

It really has been a very busy week for celebrity deaths  - we've had Sgt Gunnery Hartman, a US first lady, an English 90s TV presenter, a world famous Swedish DJ, a comedy midget actor, and the last person in the world to be born in the 19th century all croak it in the same week!

FTFY

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Weebl said:

It really has been a very busy week for celebrity deaths  - we've had Sgt Gunnery Hartman, a HOF wrestler, a popular American sitcom actor, a US first lady, an English 90s TV presenter, a world famous Swedish DJ, a comedy midget actor, and the last person in the world to be born in the 19th century all croak it in the same week!

FTFY a little more.

• Like 4

Just now, Sir Creep said:

FTFY a little more.

For a moment there, I was thinking who were those other people were that passed. Shows how busy this week really was...

Didn't even account for Earle Bruce and a couple others in that list.  So yeah, pretty busy Reaper I'd say.

Former executive director of the Fair Trading Commission (FTC), Geraldine Foster, is dead.  Foster died last Thursday in Crawfordville, Georgia, after a brief illness.

Having practised as an attorney in competition law for a number of years in the United States, Foster returned to Jamaica and joined the Fair Trading Commission as senior legal counsel in 1993.  She was elevated to the top position as executive director in 1995.

No age was provided in the obit.
SC

Jacqui Forster has died. Tbh, I think I overestimated her obit chances, but if she does obit, it’ll put me as part of the major contenders. Saddened by this though, she seemed like a nice lady. :rip:

I think you'll be fine: Brian Lomax, who was my intended joker for the 2016 DDP (except he died in November 2015), was a similar character and he got QOs without an issue.

16 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Jacqui Forster has died. Tbh, I think I overestimated her obit chances, but if she does obit, it’ll put me as part of the major contenders. Saddened by this though, she seemed like a nice lady. :rip:

No bother re obit in Gloucester DP.

23 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I think you'll be fine: Brian Lomax, who was my intended joker for the 2016 DDP (except he died in November 2015), was a similar character and he got QOs without an issue.

See? https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/apr/24/lieke-martens-barcelona-ronaldinho

You're currently top of the DDP, congrats.

• Like 1

Wow. I thought she was one of my major gambles along with John Cocks, Stuart Fraser, and Mark E Smith, and yet, so far, 2 out of 4 has already gone. Think that’ll secure a top ten spot...

• Like 1